Is there any good mage equipment for endgame?

VulkanRafar

Official Terrarian
Hello I just wanna ask y'all, is there any endgame mage equipment better than I wear right now?

I use :
- Full Nebula Set
- Sorcerer Emblem
- Celestial Shell
- Ankh Shield
- Mana Flower
- Magic Cuffs
- Celestial Emblem
The rest are vanity item or accessories, and for modifier, I use menacing for all equipment.

And this is how I look like...
Screenshot_20200325-193309_1.jpg

Looks like a lot of your accessories are pretty good for an endgame mage.

The main thing for weapons would be getting the last prism and lunar flare if you don't already have them. I'm guessing you have the nebula blaze and nebula arcanum for weapons.

Razorblade Typhoon, Last Prism, Nebula Arcanum.
For weapons, at least.

Your armor and accessories are top-notch, tho:)

The Razorblade Typhoon and LMG are far better than the Nebula crap.
While I agree that the Blaze is pretty underwhelming, the Arcanum is a stronger but slower version of Razorblade that mulches through clumped together bosses far faster than anything else could ever dream of doing due to the fact it stacks, pierces, and seems to refuse to want to acknowledge the normal piercing damage mechanics.

I struggle to want to call the Laser Machinegun "good" in this context when its direct competition is the Razorpine, which requires no buildup time and can actually be fired longer than four seconds without requiring a Mana battery.

Typhoon is undisputed lazy mode king though. Fantastic weapon.

Hello I just wanna ask y'all, is there any endgame mage equipment better than I wear right now?

I use :
- Full Nebula Set
- Sorcerer Emblem
- Celestial Shell
- Ankh Shield
- Mana Flower
- Magic Cuffs
- Celestial Emblem
The rest are vanity item or accessories, and for modifier, I use menacing for all equipment.

And this is how I look like...
View attachment 249201
Watch this video, it gives you a rundown of some of the best equipment for mages.

While I agree that the Blaze is pretty underwhelming, the Arcanum is a stronger but slower version of Razorblade that mulches through clumped together bosses far faster than anything else could ever dream of doing due to the fact it stacks, pierces, and seems to refuse to want to acknowledge the normal piercing damage mechanics.

I struggle to want to call the Laser Machinegun "good" in this context when its direct competition is the Razorpine, which requires no buildup time and can actually be fired longer than four seconds without requiring a Mana battery.

Typhoon is undisputed lazy mode king though. Fantastic weapon.
I've never been able to emulate the performance people claim the Arcanum is capable of, it always does horrible dps and takes forever to reach its target. Maybe I'm not using it right. Either way I'd prefer to attack from farther than a few meters from the enemy.

Razorpine is probably more effective, I don't play a lot of Mage.

it always does horrible dps and takes forever to reach its target.

The thing is only below Phantasm/Dragon level of DPS so that first part is pretty false.

That second weakness is a really big problem though, so that's why its best use it to cast a couple Arcanums every now and then against ML making use of the fact that the galaxies take forever to despawn. It can also do incredibly well against the pillars since eventually the screen is full of them.

It's honestly pretty weak for a Fragment weapon but it's very strong in a pair of situations.

I've never been able to emulate the performance people claim the Arcanum is capable of, it always does horrible dps and takes forever to reach its target. Maybe I'm not using it right. Either way I'd prefer to attack from farther than a few meters from the enemy.
It's primarily a pre-cast weapon. In sustained casting scenarios it begins to outsine every other option that casters have available to them, but it's problem lies in that its behavior is unique so it's not as general use as something like Lunar Flare or Last Prism, and in a game as fast-paced as Terraria you're generally willing to sacrifice a little theoretical ramp-up DPS for easy-to-use, instant options.

It shines brightest in multiplayer with dedicated tanks to hold targets still and in one area, or in pre-built arenas designed to keep the projectiles in one space where you expect mobs to gather up.

Razorpine is probably more effective, I don't play a lot of Mage.
I don't blame you. Casters are very late bloomers and a lot of their earlier weapons just don't feel good to use. Once that flower blooms though?

Sheer, unadulterated chaos.

Back
Top Bottom