Mobile Is there any reason to explore the Pre-HM desert?

Burōkunsouru

Terrarian
I just am wondering if I should explore my Desert now or wait until after WoF. I've beat every boss pre-hm and just looked at my map and realized I only explored the pyramid. Opinions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111-211452_Terraria.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111-211452_Terraria.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 30
It does have some good loot for exploration and general use, such as the Ancient Chisel (Faster mining), Magic Conch (fast travel to the oceans without pylon, Shellphone later on), Bast Statue (defensive bonus), etc.
Also, hardmode Desert can get a bit more annoying to traverse with enemies such as the Dune Splicer (big worm), Sand Poachers (climbs on walls, inflicts acid venom) and Desert Spirits if the evil biome spreads (Can get overwhelming if you don't have enough area to dodge).

It does have some good loot for exploration and general use, such as the Ancient Chisel (Faster mining), Magic Conch (fast travel to the oceans without pylon, Shellphone later on), Bast Statue (defensive bonus), etc.
Also, hardmode Desert can get a bit more annoying to traverse with enemies such as the Dune Splicer (big worm), Sand Poachers (climbs on walls, inflicts acid venom) and Desert Spirits if the evil biome spreads (Can get overwhelming if you don't have enough area to dodge).
I have the chisel and shellphone , did fishing and got the conch from crates

did fishing and got the conch from crates
Hehe, well that is a way around it.
Then I guess it is only worthwhile to explore if you want to take preventive measures to evil biome/hallow spread, or if you want really niche things such as paintings or the Amber Mosquito. Otherwise, It's not really critical since you can get Forbidden Fragments and the Desert key in the surface during hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom