Resolved [PS4] Is this a good plan to defeat skeletron prime?

Kenpachi85

Terrarian
Hello everyone new to the forums here and even the game just picked it up a month ago. I took one of my 3 worlds into hardmode last week and so far been holding my own and took down the twins and the destroyer earlier today...and barely took any damage at all. I used the skybox method using the nimbus rod and daedalus stormbow/jester arrows to murder the destroyer. For the twins I made a REALLY long platform bridge peppered with campfires and crystal heart lanterns. I ran from them on my unicorn firing a shower of holy arrows behind me and destroyed them easily. Like I dont think they ever touched me at all lol I even had to slow down a few times for them to catch up.

For skeletron prime I figured I'd repeat what I did to the twins using jester arrows for piercing. Sound like a plan? Should I use holy arrows instead maybe? This world is on normal difficulty btw my main world is expert. I've beaten the first 4 bosses in it but have tons of hellevators to blast out before it's ready to go hardmode.

My characters gear if anyones interested:
Weapons: unreal stormbow, unreal megashark, legendary titanium sword, mystic nimbus staff, godly hellfire yoyo, godly imp staff
Armor is full titanium with a titanium ranger helmet (have the higher defense helmet too for when I go spelunking)
Accessories: leaf wings, lightning boots, magic quiver, band of regen, yoyo bag
Potions/food used before boss fights: pumpkin pie, health regen, ironskin, swiftness, archery, calming and endurance

Thanks for any advice and stay safe and healthy everyone

K I'll go check out my crimson areas I honestly haven't been in them much since the world turned hardmode. I have about 50 ingots of hallowed bars and can easily kill the destroyer and twins again if I need more so I'll get on that right away. Thanks for the tips cheese sticks

Got ambushed in a 2 block wide hole by a pigron and was killed before I could switch to a weapon, luckily only lost 1 gold and some change. I need to blast out a hellevator in my crimson area to make things easier. I dont know if hallowed armor provides a special buff that's better than titaniums but they only differ in overall defense by like 1 point or something. I'll still make some after I farm up some more ingots but for now I just made the optic staff and pickaxe axe.

Just had a crazy series of events pirates invaded for the first time, followed by my first solar eclipse and afterwards skeletron prime came after me. Killed him with the same strategy I used on the twins though I had to dodge a few times and took a tiny bit of damage. Ripped his arms off with the stormbow then finished him off with the megashark. Fought him early on in hardmode with a titanium repeater but dps was too low and at sunrise he turned into a dungeon guardian on me.

Next task is to mine chlorophyte ore and start looking for life fruits haven't found any yet. Hopefully plantera doesnt kick my arse while I'm doing that

Titanium armour has a far better set bonus than Hallowed.
Yeah I figured thatd probably be the case being invincible after dealing damage has been a big help especially during solar eclipses. It's not constant obviously but it does help a lot.

U could start a chlorophyte farm in the jungle
Didnt know you could make a chlorophyte farm I'll definitely try that out. I made a dive into my jungles underground hadn't explored it much in this world and found enough to make 2 bars earlier. Also found the bottom of it while running around in hell and saw tons of chlorophyte ore in the last few layers I can pick off if fire imps leave me alone long enough to mine. Those things and the purple elemental dudes in the underground hallow or so freaking annoying sometimes with their constant spawning.

I have a plan for plantera that involves digging a extra wide hellevator though it will probably stop at the cavern layer. Gonna put teleporters at the top just below surface level and at the bottom just above cavern level and rain holy arrows down on it. I saw a vid of some dude doing it in a tiny corridor with 1 sec delay teleporters but he almost died and had way better gear and max gold health. I'll see how much chlorophyte I can get from excavating the hellevator and from the roof in hell but will need tons for both bullets and gear so a farm is probably needed either way. Thanks for the tip

Found one of planteras bulbs too glad I didnt smash it lol that's usually my first instinct when i find something new.

Update: went down to hell and started tunneling and worming my way up through the floor of the jungle and after a hour I got 397 pieces of chlorophyte ore, my first uzi and a second life fruit. Still tons down there but my inventory and piggy bank were full so had to bounce.

Yeah I figured thatd probably be the case being invincible after dealing damage has been a big help especially during solar eclipses. It's not constant obviously but it does help a lot.
Didnt know you could make a chlorophyte farm I'll definitely try that out. I made a dive into my jungles underground hadn't explored it much in this world and found enough to make 2 bars earlier. Also found the bottom of it while running around in hell and saw tons of chlorophyte ore in the last few layers I can pick off if fire imps leave me alone long enough to mine. Those things and the purple elemental dudes in the underground hallow or so freaking annoying sometimes with their constant spawning.

I have a plan for plantera that involves digging a extra wide hellevator though it will probably stop at the cavern layer. Gonna put teleporters at the top just below surface level and at the bottom just above cavern level and rain holy arrows down on it. I saw a vid of some dude doing it in a tiny corridor with 1 sec delay teleporters but he almost died and had way better gear and max gold health. I'll see how much chlorophyte I can get from excavating the hellevator and from the roof in hell but will need tons for both bullets and gear so a farm is probably needed either way. Thanks for the tip
Found one of planteras bulbs too glad I didnt smash it lol that's usually my first instinct when i find something new.

Update: went down to hell and started tunneling and worming my way up through the floor of the jungle and after a hour I got 397 pieces of chlorophyte ore, my first uzi and a second life fruit. Still tons down there but my inventory and piggy bank were full so had to bounce.
Hi @Kenpachi85, just a tip (and a request) for going forward... if you are the last person to post in a thread, please use the Edit button to add more instead of double and triple posting. :) I've merged your posts together.

K np I'll keep that in mind unit one. Just absolutely demolished plantera on my first try barely took any damage like with the others. Made a teleporter corridor instead of a big arena and hammered her with the megashark through a 1 block hole. Had turtle armor, ankh shield, star veil and a ice tortoise shell on with a defense rating of 86 total. Split crystal and ichor bullets into small stacks so the megashark would swap between them automatically and it worked great fight was over quick. Put a bed at one end of the corridor and had my fetid baghnakhs and death sickle ready to go in case all else failed.

Back
Top Bottom