Is this normal?

Exo

Terrarian
I just killed the WoF about an hour ago in real-time and now my world looks like this. Why is the crimson spreading so fast, this has never happened to me before... (Also I'm on master mode if that's affecting anything)
Screenshot (293).png

Corruption and Crimson spread rate ramps up to eleven in Hardmode, but the bigger thing is that this is in the desert. They spread *extremely* fast through desert because every block is corruptible and there’s generally no holes or stuff they have to cut their way through.

If you haven’t noticed, Hardmode also spawns a new corruption or crimson biome in the world and you happened to get screwed over hard and have it spawn it in like ten feet of your home base.

The quickest way to protect your home base from the Crimson is to buy a bunch of dynamite and bomb around the areas you need protected, make a 6 block tunnel to keep the corruption/crimson from passing over. I recommend doing that ASAP seeing as how close the corruption is both next to and below your base.

Reactions: Exo
Corruption and Crimson spread rate ramps up to eleven in Hardmode, but the bigger thing is that this is in the desert. They spread *extremely* fast through desert because every block is corruptible and there’s generally no holes or stuff they have to cut their way through.

If you haven’t noticed, Hardmode also spawns a new corruption or crimson biome in the world and you happened to get screwed over hard and have it spawn it in like ten feet of your home base.

The quickest way to protect your home base from the Crimson is to buy a bunch of dynamite and bomb around the areas you need protected, make a 6 block tunnel to keep the corruption/crimson from passing over. I recommend doing that ASAP seeing as how close the corruption is both next to and below your base.
Thank you!

Another way to protect your base (only do this if you're willing to sacrifice some happiness from your NPCs and have enough money to get a new pylon) is to blow up the edges of the area you want to protect with one bomb each (one for each side), fill the holes you made with something like wood, clay, or any other non-corruptible block, and just make the base a Hallowed biome. The enemies can be tough, but Hallow can't become corruption/crimson at all.

Also, once you beat a mech boss now that your world's in hard mode, you'll unlock access to one of the better tools to fight back -- The Steampunker. She sells the Clentaminator, which is one of the biggest tools for cleaning up wayward evil biomes.

Back
Top Bottom