Map-Parkour Island Teleportating - WCM #4

Clara

Terrarian
Weekly Challenge Map Thread Main Thread

A small map with parkour elements focusing around the teleportation potion. You must flick the lever on each island to deactivate it and then use a potion to go to a new island. Each of the 5 islands contain an item and jumping puzzles for you to use with that item, but as you get more gear the islands get easier. It is partly luck based, depending on where the teleportation potions take you and in what order. When you have deactivated all the islands, the teleportation potion will take you to a clock for you to see your time. There are several spare potions as occasionally they will not work.

-Goal: Reach the end as fast as possible
-Run failed if: unable to fail
-Character: new softcore
-Restrictions: no building/mining
-Score system: Get the time from the clock at the end, the earlier the better.
-Map creators score: 2:18PM First Day
-Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?z0tjooagt4e98ke
-Preview:
HT1uPhu.png

OSEaZhn.png

2GO3j5M.png

I like these challanges.
First Time
11:19 PM Day 1.
After Knowing the items: 3:48PM Day 1
Defently going to do the other and keep doing these when they come out :3
I had most difficultys with the honey biome on the first run but on the 2nd the tp potion putted me at the end of it after I had completed the tree, The ice was also painful without completing the Tree first. Doing the tree really makes all the other biomes easier.

Not kidding about rng, get teleported straight to the switch a few times and this happens:
PO9yh1Z.jpg
1:36
Other times I got teleported to a spot I couldn't get out of multiple times in a row and ran outa pots lol.

Cool idea but needs more risk vs reward elements if it is a race <.<

Not kidding about rng, get teleported straight to the switch a few times and this happens:
PO9yh1Z.jpg
1:36
Other times I got teleported to a spot I couldn't get out of multiple times in a row and ran outa pots lol.

Cool idea but needs more risk vs reward elements if it is a race <.<

Where did you get stuck? I designed each of the islands so that you should be able to get to the chest without any accessories. Which spots did you get stuck in exactly, I can't find any.

Going really fast in this map requires a lot of luck, good control of mobility and rushing jumps which could slow you down a lot if you miss. Adding more risks such as death would not work very well, having a potential of death in parkour or jumping maps like this bring a variety of problems. Though I could of tried to design more jumps which are really hard to make and are are shortcut for people trying to go fast.

Anyway good stuff with the fast time.

Actually I double checked where I thought I was getting stuck.
I only thought I was stuck cause I jumped off the edge of the rightside of the ice area and went far enough out to not notice the entrance at the bottom... everytime derp.

TLDR
Wasn't stuck just dumb lol

edit:
Imo the speed in this map is majority luck with where the teleport dumps you in relation to the chest/switch and what island order you get.

Totally agree with minimizing pointless deaths in jump type stuff.
I think stuff that either slows your momentum down or places you on a alternate path on fail could work quite well compared with a reset on death/walking back to the start.
If only to remove a bit of tediousness.

Anyway love playing this kinda stuff cheers for making it/your time!

Last edited:
Hello! This was easy :redspin:
[doublepost=1514715862,1514715696][/doublepost]My record:happy: (first day):
[doublepost=1514716027][/doublepost]Merry Christmas! :nursehappy:

Attachments

• Новый точечный рисунок (5).jpg
    Новый точечный рисунок (5).jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Новый точечный рисунок (4).jpg
    Новый точечный рисунок (4).jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 412
No idea how many times I tried to do the last few jumps in the snow/ice island before I gave up and cheated. If I'd got that one after the cloud in a bottle I'd have been fine. I thought I was ok at climbing claws but I'm not when there is a 1-block overhang to get up - my timing is just not that good without something to mark it (once I realised that one of them had a mark I could more or less get that one). Otherwise I enjoyed what would have been quite a short map if I was better at parkour. :bluslime:

Back
Top Bottom