Issues on PlayStation consoles

Do you want Terraria supported on PlayStation TV?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drpepperdude100

Terrarian
So I have been playing this game since it released on PS3 and have enjoyed it so far. Now I have the PS4 version which has been a huge disappointment. Since it launched cross play was broken but has been fixed since the last update but for some reason I can not transfer my character or worlds between the PS3 and PS4 version still to this day weeks after launch. So any new info on why this continues to plague this game? On a side note of weird things, why is there no rate or like option for Terraria on PS4? Also any news on when or if Terraria will ever support the PS TV???

Did you already try uploading your character/world from your ps4? And download on ps4?
I can upload the character and world on PS4 and then download them back to PS4 but I have to delete the original since you apparently can't have a character or world with the same name. The PS3 character and world will not transfer to PS4 and gives me a error 'No data available in the cloud'.

I havent experimented with the ps4 so i dont know if this will work but If you have a USB try downloading your save from the ps3 to it and then download it to your ps4.
I don't think saves can transfer at all between the PS3 and PS4 without the developers doing it through the magical all mighty cloud. Sony didn't add any backwards compatibility to the PS4 and not putting PS3 saves on PS4 either as far as I know.

I can confirm world and character transfer between all 3 sony devices (PS3 PS4 & vita) works as expected, Ive done this countless times now. But there is a bug or two with this, been that if I try upload from a device when ive no connection it seems to bonk my save and I get the no save in cloud error from then on until I reinstall the game. Ive also had another error where the vita version was deleting my save due to "corrupt data" I fixed this by deleting all save data and reinstalling the game on all 3 devices then finally downloading my save from the cloud.

In short reinstall and confirm you have a working connection before trying to upload/download from the cloud

edit: Be sure to backup your saves first to usb before reinstalling

I can confirm world and character transfer between all 3 sony devices (PS3 PS4 & vita) works as expected, Ive done this countless times now. But there is a bug or two with this, been that if I try upload from a device when ive no connection it seems to bonk my save and I get the no save in cloud error from then on until I reinstall the game. Ive also had another error where the vita version was deleting my save due to "corrupt data" I fixed this by deleting all save data and reinstalling the game on all 3 devices then finally downloading my save from the cloud.

In short reinstall and confirm you have a working connection before trying to upload/download from the cloud

edit: Be sure to backup your saves first to usb before reinstalling

I deleted my PS3 and PS4 game and re-downloaded it and installed all of the updates. I still get the cloud error. I can't transfer my already created character but I can transfer any new characters I create which is pissing me off even more. But I can't transfer new or old worlds I just get the cloud error. But there is one good thing that came about and that is the like and rate button on PS4 for Terraria showed up after I re-downloaded it, for some reason it was never showing up before. But another thing that sucks is the picture they have of Terraria on the PS4 home screen. It's so much worse than the cover art they made and I don't understand why they put the ugly out of place icon instead of using the PS4 cover art of Terraria which is awesome. Also it's still not supported on PS TV which is another negative adding to my frustration.

I'm on Xbox so I don't know if this makes sense but hope this helps
You will have to purchase the PS4 version of the game. You can upload your worlds in the World select screen on your Vita (and your character in the Character Select screen), and download them the same way on the PS4 if you decide to get that version. Funky little thing there is that the uploads/downloads to the PSN cloud are done per slot: this means you have to remember what slot your character and/or world was in when you uploaded it and download it in the same slot. For example, if you upload "MyAwesomeWorld" on your Vita and that world is in the third slot, on the PS4 you will have to go to the third slot in the World select screen and download it....the slots have to match.

I'm on Xbox so I don't know if this makes sense but hope this helps
Wow I had no clue that the worlds could only transfer over to the same slot. This sucks since I wanted to keep my PS4 world but since it's in the first slot just like my PS3 world I have to delete it but I backed it up on a flash drive first. But yeah thanks for this info I would have never figured this out otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom