Mobile Issues regarding the grapple stick

Nescre

Duke Fishron
DR Studios
While I acknowledge that this isn’t a bug so much as it is a complaint, I was unable to find any sort of section for leaving feedback on the game - as such, seeing as the beta discord channel is rarely checked, I figured I might as well put it here. I have given this a “normal” rating, since I feel it’s enough of a control flaw to affect gameplay in certain instances.

I find that, such as it is currently, the grapple stick is far too sensitive to touch & as a result can cause the user to grapple in the wrong direction more often than not. In the following 3 second clip I’ve attached below, you will see me failing miserably to hook downwards - instead firing towards the side of the house I was nearby. Take note of how my thumb causes the stick to jut out to the right first before eventually (much too late) being aimed in the desired direction:

My solution to this problem is to change the stick such that it only extends the grapple once one’s finger has been taken off it. Through doing this, I feel that most of the present issues I have with firing in the wrong direction would be removed - ensuring that grappling remains a viable form of movement as intended.

(PS: I wrote a feedback document about a week ago on how to improve jumping that I posted in the private beta chat. I don’t think any of you folks over at DR actually saw it (I don’t blame you - in hindsight I shouldn’t have sent it via discord of all places), so I’ll be moving it here in the hopes that it gets noticed: Jump Suggestions)

Hi, just letting you know that I've moved this to the suggestion subforum as it's not a bug.
Control customisation is confirmed to be coming in a future update so hopefully that will help.

Hi, just letting you know that I've moved this to the suggestion subforum as it's not a bug.
Control customisation is confirmed to be coming in a future update so hopefully that will help.
Thanks a bunch, and sorry for not posting this here initially - I had no clue this section even existed to begin with, as I often suck at navigating forums

Back
Top Bottom