It appears that my game is corrupted. (I tried everything)

TerrarianBlud

Terrarian
I have asked 2 times via steam discussions but no one took it seriously so I ask for a third time on the terraria forum.

Yesterday, when I died or tried to save the game in any way, it just crashes. Moving characters to the cloud also crashes the game.

This is the error message: https://imgur.com/a/6Chat9i
I tried everything it suggested me to do. I tried to allow terraria on windows defender, I tried to scan for viruses, I tried to verify integrity of game files on steam but NOTHING worked.
Today I tried it again. And I have noticed that my game no longer crashes when I die. However, it STILL crashes when I put my characters on my cloud or remove them.
I even tried to deinstall the game and install it again but IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING! so I went to the local files and deleted everything in the folder and installed terraria again. The problem is still here and it appears that I can't do anything at all. I tried to restart my computer but that also didn't work. I am starting to lose my sanity.

Oh and the error message is always the same.

Attachments

• c0ydRDW.png
    c0ydRDW.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 55
This is definitely a tough nut to crack, that's for sure...
Perhaps you did something ingame that bugged out your pc and started all of this?

This is the classic Windows 11 storage restriction being in effect, a fix for which is not really available. There isn't much documentation on this matter, but it seems like starting with Windows 11 programs no longer have access to most of the paths on a computer by default and need to specifically request it in different ways depending on the location. You could try searching the system or application settings in windows for any option that could be related to allowing Terraria to access your Documents directory.

Okay I suddenly found the solution!
Basically, I wanted to make a resource pack for terraria. So I went ingame, clicked on the workshop resource pack menu and clicked "open folder". Now I was in the "my games" folder and it was empty.
I was like: "Wait, isn't this the folder I was searching for?" so I checked the folder out and the terraria folder was not there. But.... I was just there a second ago? Y'know what this means.... the terraria folder was hidden. So I clicked "view hidden folders" in the browser and then I saw all the hidden files. I clicked "properties" on the terraria folder and unchecked "hidden" and also unchecked "read only".

So, after that I went back ingame and I FINALLY could create new characters and worlds. Now I can finally play this game normally and start from the begining. I hope that people who have the same issue as I had find this forum post and see if this fixes the issue for them. it took me about 8 months to find such an easy solution!

Back
Top Bottom