• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

It has been 11 Month and still not a single word from the devs.

kristijan1001

Terrarian
Whats going on ?
There hasn't been a single "Hi" or anything from them since April that's 11 MONTHS , At least they should just say something: the game is dead, the game is still in development etc.. Why keep quiet FOR 11 MONTHS. I am looking forward this game for years, and now everything has gone silent, all social media, everything ... Such a shame

My question is why is it so hard, for the dev to come out, make a post,tweet at least something like we still developing may take awhile. We are not asking for new trailers,screenshots content. But just a confirmation that this thing is still going strong in development. If not just say that the project was left, some will get maybe mad about it, but for the rest of us at least we won't have to hope anymore and expect something if there is nothing to expect.

Also whatever happen to this... Was this mean't to be Terraria OW ?

"It's a ways out, but it's gonna have a lot in common with the original,It's gonna be quite different as well. I really want to expand on the whole Terraria universe. There's a lot of stuff I'm locked into with Terraria,The way loot works, the way character progression works. In Terraria 2, I really want to have infinite worlds so you're not just stuck to one world. You can travel anywhere. I want more biome diversity in that, too. There's a lot of stuff [I want to add and change]. Would be hiring another small team to continue updates for Terraria while I move onto Terraria 2. When I made Terraria, I did it in four months, and I think I only paid, like, not very much – and that was just for the sound. So I'd like to be able to do something similar with Terraria 2. My personal preference is that I never be in a position where I need to get money to fund my projects "

-Andrew "Redigit" Spinks

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
T:OW is not Terraria 2 but I have to agree, I CANT :red:ING WAIT FOR TOW!
I MEAN COME ON CAN'T WE HAVE JUST A LITTLE PICTURE?

FlyKip

Plantera
I'm pretty sure you guys are forgetting how much work actually has to go into a spoiler. A bunch of people have to come together, decide what is complete enough for them to show off, then they need to get a circumstance that will look cool and have enough speculation without showing off tooo much stuff, so theyll want to come back for more. In short, a spoiler is NOT a screenshot with a little caption. Wouldn't you more rather have them working more on the game you want then taking a couple days out of the schedule to make a spoiler? Also, they stated that they would formally announce if work stops on TOW, so we really dont need to worry about how development is going. It is going, and thats what matter. Remember, spoilers do not mean development. Engine Software posted lots of spoilers, but apparently they did not do a very good job developing the game. I am perfectly satisfied with the state we are in right now. I know for a fact development is in progress, and we will have an amazing, quality RE-logic game when it is finished.

Lord Loaf

Terrarian
What's important to remember is the amount of time they were developing the game before they had to switch dev teams. Imagine the programmers nightmare of having to go through thousands of lines of code they did not write. Reading code to understand it takes time, even with good documentation, and that is just one aspect of the games development. If the team didn't like where the art direction was going, artists have to go through lots of sprites and other things to redo everything. Not to mention once they decide what isn't good enough for their standards, they have to implement what they actually wanted, and that's probably where they are now. They like to remind us that they aren't companies that won't be named, but rather a group of people that want to release something they think is great, not something that needs to meet quarterly quotas and managers expectations in a corporate setting... Give them time to make something they can be proud of, regardless of your expectations.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
What's important to remember is the amount of time they were developing the game before they had to switch dev teams. Imagine the programmers nightmare of having to go through thousands of lines of code they did not write. Reading code to understand it takes time, even with good documentation, and that is just one aspect of the games development. If the team didn't like where the art direction was going, artists have to go through lots of sprites and other things to redo everything. Not to mention once they decide what isn't good enough for their standards, they have to implement what they actually wanted, and that's probably where they are now. They like to remind us that they aren't companies that won't be named, but rather a group of people that want to release something they think is great, not something that needs to meet quarterly quotas and managers expectations in a corporate setting... Give them time to make something they can be proud of, regardless of your expectations.
They ain't working on it, apparelently they are updating mobile and 3ds instead.

Reepicheep

The Destroyer
Actually there has been news, tweets on twitter (duh) and streams, though I haven't found them.
Well, I mean, it's not a secret. Pipeworks has mentioned still working on Otherworld multiple times on their twitter, on here back in November, and have said it's being worked on while answering questions in their 1.3 console streams. That info is available for everyone to see, read, and hear if they care enough to look for it.

kristijan1001

Terrarian
I'm pretty sure you guys are forgetting how much work actually has to go into a spoiler. A bunch of people have to come together, decide what is complete enough for them to show off, then they need to get a circumstance that will look cool and have enough speculation without showing off tooo much stuff, so theyll want to come back for more. In short, a spoiler is NOT a screenshot with a little caption. Wouldn't you more rather have them working more on the game you want then taking a couple days out of the schedule to make a spoiler? Also, they stated that they would formally announce if work stops on TOW, so we really dont need to worry about how development is going. It is going, and thats what matter. Remember, spoilers do not mean development. Engine Software posted lots of spoilers, but apparently they did not do a very good job developing the game. I am perfectly satisfied with the state we are in right now. I know for a fact development is in progress, and we will have an amazing, quality RE-logic game when it is finished.
But just like i said we dont want SPOILERS, PICTURES, VIDEOS. We just want the "hey we are still here working on it." or "hey we are in dev hell it might take years" or "we completely stopped" . No one is asking for content

FlyKip

Plantera
But just like i said we dont want SPOILERS, PICTURES, VIDEOS. We just want the "hey we are still here working on it." or "hey we are in dev hell it might take years" or "we completely stopped" . No one is asking for content
If that's all you want, why not just ask them? Send pipeworks a tweet, say something like "Hey guys, you guys still working on otherworld? Cuz, we haven't had load of news and stuff from you guys..." If you send a polite message to them like that, Its pretty likely they will respond. And yes, tons of people are asking for content, as well as whining all about the time it was delayed. So I totally encourage you to say something to pipeworks, and who know, something cool might come out of it.

kristijan1001

Terrarian
If that's all you want, why not just ask them? Send pipeworks a tweet, say something like "Hey guys, you guys still working on otherworld? Cuz, we haven't had load of news and stuff from you guys..." If you send a polite message to them like that, Its pretty likely they will respond. And yes, tons of people are asking for content, as well as whining all about the time it was delayed. So I totally encourage you to say something to pipeworks, and who know, something cool might come out of it.
Bro the terraria ow twitter hasnt been active for 11months, tons of people are asking them, and no reply or awnser since april 2017 , unless that twitter is dead and they go by piperworks twitter right now ?

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
Bro the terraria ow twitter hasnt been active for 11months, tons of people are asking them, and no reply or awnser since april 2017 , unless that twitter is dead and they go by piperworks twitter right now ?
apparalenty they are trying to update the xbox stuff to 1.3.1 and beyond

FlyKip

Plantera
I said ask the pipeworks Twitter, since they are in charge of tow

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
I said ask the pipeworks Twitter, since they are in charge of tow
I asked ClearConscious on February 6th "Now that console 1.3 is out will you focus on T:OW?" and they replied
Our focus right now is 1.3 fixes for X1 & PS4, and Switch/Mobile. We'll have more news on T:OW at a later date. We haven't forgotten about it though.
Keep in mind they submitted 1.3 for xbox in DECEMBER and it arrived FEBRUARY 5th, so unless they pack all 1.3.x's together it is going to take quite a while for TOW to even be considered, so I PRESUME that T:OW is in development hell.

Top Bottom