• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

It has been 11 Month and still not a single word from the devs.

Reepicheep

The Destroyer
I think @landstalker is talking about ClearConscious' comment on a post on his profile page on February 6th, which is as follows:

"Our focus right now is 1.3 fixes for X1 & PS4, and Switch/Mobile. We'll have more news on T:OW at a later date. We haven't forgotten about it though."

If anyone knows how to quote comments on profile pages, please let me know.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
Finally, someone who actually looks at facts and doesn't just tell everyone it's development has stopped
And you are saying I'm not looking at facts? Maybe you should look yourself? Because they are not working on it until 1.3.1/2/3/4/5/6 is out on consoles and mobile!
And it took 2-3 months for 1.3 for consoles soooo.... A year? Two years? THREE YEARS? How long until they finally say "bleh bleh bleh :red: T:OW heres 1.3.6 for consoles"? How long until they declare T:OW in development hell? HOW LONG UNTIL THEY DECLARE T:OW DEAD? AT LEAST ENGINE SOFTWARE GOT SOME THINGS DONE! Now, I have been waiting for this game to come out for THREE :red:ING YEARS AND ITS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE! ID PAY ANYTHING JUST TO PLAY TEST THE GAME but nooooooo why should I play test tow? IM A USELESS, POOR, FAT, LAZY, AUTISTIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING! I DONT HAVE ANYTHING THAT THE DEVS OF TOW WANT!
[doublepost=1519540953,1519540910][/doublepost]AND BEFORE YOU ASK, YES I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME

kristijan1001

Terrarian
Finally, someone who actually looks at facts and doesn't just tell everyone it's development has stopped
i dunno why you keep being so persistent, if the game was in a good state they would have said something, its obviously in dev hell....

EDIT:

Okay, MAC, chill. It's not as extreme as you think.

View attachment 194753

I have never seen them say anything about 1.3.1, so there's a constant to be had there.

I'm not a fan of shelving outstanding projects but it should be a very entertaining display to see Otherworld news just randomly explode one day. Until that day comes, step back and try not to think about it.
Well then ok , thats something : D :kingslime::rslime:
Direct Link to tweet:
https://twitter.com/pipeworks/status/953394389539209216

Last edited:

landstalker

Terrarian
And you are saying I'm not looking at facts? Maybe you should look yourself? Because they are not working on it until 1.3.1/2/3/4/5/6 is out on consoles and mobile!
And it took 2-3 months for 1.3 for consoles soooo.... A year? Two years? THREE YEARS? How long until they finally say "bleh bleh bleh :red: T:OW heres 1.3.6 for consoles"? How long until they declare T:OW in development hell? HOW LONG UNTIL THEY DECLARE T:OW DEAD? AT LEAST ENGINE SOFTWARE GOT SOME THINGS DONE! Now, I have been waiting for this game to come out for THREE :red:ING YEARS AND ITS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE! ID PAY ANYTHING JUST TO PLAY TEST THE GAME but nooooooo why should I play test tow? IM A USELESS, POOR, FAT, LAZY, AUTISTIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING! I DONT HAVE ANYTHING THAT THE DEVS OF TOW WANT!
[doublepost=1519540953,1519540910][/doublepost]AND BEFORE YOU ASK, YES I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ASPERGER'S SYNDROME
You, like others, seem to think that Pipeworks only has enough staff to handle one project at a time.
If in 2017, they were still developing Terraria 1.3 they would not be so unprofessional as to accept another project, knowing that they may not begin work on it until their first project is finished which may take another ten months or so.
They obviously had a separate team who then started work on T:OW when they accepted the contract back in April of 2017.

They are doing one of two things with the project:
Looking at the existing product from Engine and seeing if they can fix what was broken and then add the intended features until it is complete.
Or, they have realised it is beyond repair and started again from scratch.

The radio silence may suggest it is option two.

So, when you say it has been in development for three years you are wrong.

To be totally honest the project was originally started in 2013, but the less said about that the better.
The time spent on it by Engine Software now does not count in the big scheme of things. That is gone. It's like it never existed.
Development on the version that everyone is waiting for began less than a year ago.
T:OW is not even one year into development. And in today's industry, that is nothing. Projects of this scope and scale take several years. It may appear in 2019, it may not. It's not the end of the world.
It's a game we're talking about, not something life-changing.

The mistakes of the past must be forgotten and all that can be done now is to remain patient, distract your attentions with other things and enjoy the product when it finally arrives.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
Okay, MAC, chill. It's not as extreme as you think.

View attachment 194753

I have never seen them say anything about 1.3.1, so there's a constant to be had there.

I'm not a fan of shelving outstanding projects but it should be a very entertaining display to see Otherworld news just randomly explode one day. Until that day comes, step back and try not to think about it.
So? It's not dead? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lord Garak

Retinazer
Ignoring the ridiculous circus of misinformation surrounding OW at this point, I have to say that I really don't find the way this project has been treated acceptable. Even the Black Mesa team, working on a project for going on a decade at this point, at least post regularly about their delays and progress. I can't say I find "working on 1.3, haven't forgotten about OW" to be a satisfactory update on such a massive title with such long periods without any real information at all.

That isn't even bringing up the complete dump of the project's identity with the change of hands. I still find it hard to believe anything could justify such a drastic change, especially when so many were happy with what was being leaked.

landstalker

Terrarian
Ignoring the ridiculous circus of misinformation surrounding OW at this point, I have to say that I really don't find the way this project has been treated acceptable. Even the Black Mesa team, working on a project for going on a decade at this point, at least post regularly about their delays and progress. I can't say I find "working on 1.3, haven't forgotten about OW" to be a satisfactory update on such a massive title with such long periods without any real information at all.

That isn't even bringing up the complete dump of the project's identity with the change of hands. I still find it hard to believe anything could justify such a drastic change, especially when so many were happy with what was being leaked.
Unless you were one of those who were funding the development of T:OW then your happiness doesn't really matter.
Sad, but true.
No offense meant.

Re-Logic were paying handsomely for a product that did not meet with their approval and had dragged on for 4 years with little or no real progress whatsoever.
A few YouTube videos does not warrant keeping the original team on-board for the duration and to be brutally honest, they were never up to the task of creating the product in the first place.
Announcements of a product that was weeks into development is not the sign of a mature and qualified team. It created the situation that exists today, with fans of the original wanting to know why T:OW has taken so long and why there is such a shortage of updates.

Announcements should be made when there are mere months left before the product is finished, not weeks after the project is started.

It is unfortunate, but this is the situation that exists and the fans must learn to deal with it.
Complaints, rants about development time and/or updates and arguments about whether a change of team was necessary are all pointless.
It is what it is.

This is game development.
It's not an exact science and even the best plans sometimes don't pan out.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
Unless you were one of those who were funding the development of T:OW then your happiness doesn't really matter.
Sad, but true.
No offense meant.

Re-Logic were paying handsomely for a product that did not meet with their approval and had dragged on for 4 years with little or no real progress whatsoever.
A few YouTube videos does not warrant keeping the original team on-board for the duration and to be brutally honest, they were never up to the task of creating the product in the first place.
Announcements of a product that was weeks into development is not the sign of a mature and qualified team. It created the situation that exists today, with fans of the original wanting to know why T:OW has taken so long and why there is such a shortage of updates.

Announcements should be made when there are mere months left before the product is finished, not weeks after the project is started.

It is unfortunate, but this is the situation that exists and the fans must learn to deal with it.
Complaints, rants about development time and/or updates and arguments about whether a change of team was necessary are all pointless.
It is what it is.

I agree with Lord Garak, we need information, and "Working on 1.3, haven't forgot about otherworld" is not satisfactory. Sure it was a mistake to start spoiling it early but that is the past, we cannot change that, Re-Logic cannot change that, Pipeworks cannot change that. Take Black Mesa for example, it's Xen levels are still in development, but I enjoyed the game enough for me to come back and replay EVEN THOUGH the Xen levels are still in development.
And what if Pipeworks is like Engine Software? What if they continue to drone on and on for 1.3 for consoles while T:OW withers away? I mean there has not been ANY signs that they have been working on it! A :red:ing screenshot will prove that they are still working on it!
The announcements already happened, everyone knows it's happening. People are expecting spoilers and if Pipeworks spoils too much or too little then people will
A) Not care anymore and when it comes out they will be like "Meh"
B) Get too hyped up and force Re-Logic to up their standards on the game and essentially sending it through development hell
C) Give up and go nuts over the lacking or overfilled amount of content in between the spoilers and time of release
During 2015 we were given enough spoilers to last us throughout the year and in 2016 the amount of spoilers dropped drastically. And in 2017, they just stopped altogether. And in about 30-33 days it will be the one year anniversary of silence on the project, or a cruel April fool's joke.

landstalker

Terrarian
I agree with Lord Garak, we need information, and "Working on 1.3, haven't forgot about otherworld" is not satisfactory. Sure it was a mistake to start spoiling it early but that is the past, we cannot change that, Re-Logic cannot change that, Pipeworks cannot change that. Take Black Mesa for example, it's Xen levels are still in development, but I enjoyed the game enough for me to come back and replay EVEN THOUGH the Xen levels are still in development.
And what if Pipeworks is like Engine Software? What if they continue to drone on and on for 1.3 for consoles while T:OW withers away? I mean there has not been ANY signs that they have been working on it! A :red:ing screenshot will prove that they are still working on it!
The announcements already happened, everyone knows it's happening. People are expecting spoilers and if Pipeworks spoils too much or too little then people will
A) Not care anymore and when it comes out they will be like "Meh"
B) Get too hyped up and force Re-Logic to up their standards on the game and essentially sending it through development hell
C) Give up and go nuts over the lacking or overfilled amount of content in between the spoilers and time of release
During 2015 we were given enough spoilers to last us throughout the year and in 2016 the amount of spoilers dropped drastically. And in 2017, they just stopped altogether. And in about 30-33 days it will be the one year anniversary of silence on the project, or a cruel April fool's joke.
This conversation is on some kind of mobius strip. It just goes round and round with no resolution and the best intentions and/or advice in the world make no difference whatsoever.
It's not the first post to touch on this topic and it's a certainty it won't be the last.
But there is one topic that few, if any have actually addressed.

What if T:OW IS dead?
What if T:OW has gone as far as it can and will never see the light of day?

It's a game.
It's not the cure for all that ails the world.
It's not going to usher in an age of enlightenment and eternal world peace.

It's a game.

It won't be the end of the world.

It will be a shining example of a team making one of the dumbest moves in gaming history and announcing a forthcoming title two weeks into development.
But that's pretty much as bad as it gets.

It will appear or it won't.

Being capable of dealing with both in as sensible a manner as possible is the way forward.

Hyero

Terrarian
The conversation mostly flows with pessimism looking at 3 years of failure with little to no community involvement and blind optimism.

Lord Garak

Retinazer
Sad, but true.
No offense meant.

It is what it is.

This is a very level-headed response, and I wasn't aware Re-Logic was outsourcing the project (that makes the change of hands more understandable). However, announcement timing is a personal and variable subject, not set in stone. If the subject was originally in the current team's hands, I don't think saying much would be warranted, but due to the unusual history I don't think a paragraph or two every few months is too much to ask.

Last edited:

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
This conversation is on some kind of mobius strip. It just goes round and round with no resolution and the best intentions and/or advice in the world make no difference whatsoever.
It's not the first post to touch on this topic and it's a certainty it won't be the last.
But there is one topic that few, if any have actually addressed.

What if T:OW IS dead?
What if T:OW has gone as far as it can and will never see the light of day?

It's a game.
It's not the cure for all that ails the world.
It's not going to usher in an age of enlightenment and eternal world peace.

It's a game.

It won't be the end of the world.

It will be a shining example of a team making one of the dumbest moves in gaming history and announcing a forthcoming title two weeks into development.
But that's pretty much as bad as it gets.

It will appear or it won't.

Being capable of dealing with both in as sensible a manner as possible is the way forward.
Okay, I get it. T:OW is dead, it's just another vaporware and until Pipeworks shows us a picture, T:OW is lying in a ditch dead.

landstalker

Terrarian
The so

This is a very level-headed response, and I wasn't aware Re-Logic was outsourcing the project (that makes the change of hands more understandable). However, announcement timing is a personal and variable subject, not set in stone. If the subject was originally in the current team's hands, I don't think saying much would be warranted, but due to the unusual history I don't think a paragraph or two every few months is too much to ask.
With numerous articles online last year and a major announcement here that Engine Software had been developing the project and that it was then being handed over to Pipeworks, I would have thought the outsourcing factor to be self-evident.
It was not being developed by Re-Logic, it was being developed by Engine. An external developer.

But regardless of who did what and where, announcing a forthcoming title when no coding had started and only a fraction of test graphics had been attempted was foolhardy at best and resulted in the fallout that has continued to date.

The reasoning for the lack of updates is moot. Th
Okay, I get it. T:OW is dead, it's just another vaporware and until Pipeworks shows us a picture, T:OW is lying in a ditch dead.
I wouldn't go as far as to say it's dead.
The original version is most certainly six foot under and rightly so.
The new version from Pipeworks?
Who knows?
It's probably best to say it doesn't even exist yet.

Lord Garak

Retinazer
With numerous articles online last year and a major announcement here that Engine Software had been developing the project and that it was then being handed over to Pipeworks, I would have thought the outsourcing factor to be self-evident.
It was not being developed by Re-Logic, it was being developed by Engine. An external developer.

But regardless of who did what and where, announcing a forthcoming title when no coding had started and only a fraction of test graphics had been attempted was foolhardy at best and resulted in the fallout that has continued to date.

The reasoning for the lack of updates is moot. Th

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's dead.
The original version is most certainly six foot under and rightly so.
The new version from Pipeworks?
Who knows?
It's probably best to say it doesn't even exist yet.
We do know that at least some of the original content is not being dropped completely though, do we not? I remember Loki confirming that the soundtrack, for instance, is being kept.

Top Bottom