• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

It has been 11 Month and still not a single word from the devs.

MACMAN2003

Spazmatism
The new version from Pipeworks?
Who knows?
It's probably best to say it doesn't even exist yet.
It probably doesn't exist and it most likely never will because Pipeworks is trying to get 1.3.X out on consoles and mobile and when 1.3.6 comes out the same will happen, Pipeworks doing the console stuff and T:OW rots away while Pipeworks say they haven't forgot about it.
Yup, and there's no point thinking of it as a game until we do get an announcement.
We won't get one because Pipeworks and Re-Logic are stuck in some sort of infinite loop of "Pc update comes out! Console update comes out! ANOTHER PC UPDATE COMES OUT! EVEN MORE CONSOLE UPDATES!" While T:OW rots away from the fact that Pipeworks can't split into two teams one for console updates and one for T:OW, in fact I think that it would just be easier for Pipeworks to combine all the 1.3 patches into one big update and call it "1.3.5"

Kazzymodus

Staff member
While T:OW rots away from the fact that Pipeworks can't split into two teams one for console updates and one for T:OW...
The 'fact' is that that is what they have been doing from the moment they took over development, as explained in the original announcement.

Speculating about why we haven't heard about T:OW for quite some time is one thing, but you should take care not to treat those speculations as premises, especially when they are proven false elsewhere.

landstalker

Terrarian
It probably doesn't exist and it most likely never will because Pipeworks is trying to get 1.3.X out on consoles and mobile and when 1.3.6 comes out the same will happen, Pipeworks doing the console stuff and T:OW rots away while Pipeworks say they haven't forgot about it.
We won't get one because Pipeworks and Re-Logic are stuck in some sort of infinite loop of "Pc update comes out! Console update comes out! ANOTHER PC UPDATE COMES OUT! EVEN MORE CONSOLE UPDATES!" While T:OW rots away from the fact that Pipeworks can't split into two teams one for console updates and one for T:OW, in fact I think that it would just be easier for Pipeworks to combine all the 1.3 patches into one big update and call it "1.3.5"
Like I've said before, if T:OW never appears, and you seem to believe very strongly that it won't, what of it?

You'll get over it.
I'm sure you had a life before Terraria.
I'm almost certain you'll have one after.

Divert this passion you have to something else. Something constructive.
There's a wealth of games out there that are equally as entertaining.

Nice to know you have to follow an adjacent company on twitter and look through the conversations to get to the news of a game lol.

That being said this actually makes me happy. NEWS! even if it's only a glimmer of future prospect.

It's a little annoying they're focusing on porting Terraria though. Was it them that said switching Terraria's development team wasn't going to affect production speed? Or am I thinking of a different company.

I guess porting it will give them more $$$ in the short term. Maybe more $$$ will let them develop Otherworld better. I don't get Terraria ports myself. I tried it on mobile. It's just 10 times better on PC.
[doublepost=1520267069,1520266738][/doublepost]
Impact on other work: Pipeworks will staff up appropriately so that the Otherworld workload does not have any impact on the timing/quality of the Terraria 1 Console/Mobile/Switch launch
Guess I got it the other way around. This should have been expected. Looks like they just kinda shelved Otherworld to get the ports out quicker.

Reepicheep

The Destroyer

Nice to know you have to follow an adjacent company on twitter and look through the conversations to get to the news of a game lol.

That being said this actually makes me happy. NEWS! even if it's only a glimmer of future prospect.

It's a little annoying they're focusing on porting Terraria though. Was it them that said switching Terraria's development team wasn't going to affect production speed? Or am I thinking of a different company.

I guess porting it will give them more $$$ in the short term. Maybe more $$$ will let them develop Otherworld better. I don't get Terraria ports myself. I tried it on mobile. It's just 10 times better on PC.
[doublepost=1520267069,1520266738][/doublepost]

Guess I got it the other way around. This should have been expected. Looks like they just kinda shelved Otherworld to get the ports out quicker.
The tweet doesn't say that Pipeworks isn't working on Otherworld, it says that they haven't started talking about it. While this doesn't exactly point towards Pipeworks working on it, it doesn't really point towards them only working on the porting, so 50/50. And I trust that Re-Logic isn't just sitting around waiting for Pipeworks to finish porting when they told everyone on these forums that Pipeworks would be working on Otherworld, so I'm more inclined to say that the tweet simply states that they haven't started talking about Otherworld.

Also, almost every thing is at least 10 times better on PC :cool:

The tweet doesn't say that Pipeworks isn't working on Otherworld, it says that they haven't started talking about it
Yea, they just said their focus is on porting. I'm just speculating but imo they probably haven't done anything serious with otherworld. Just brainstorming and such.

Last edited:
Also, almost every thing is at least 10 times better on PC
Agreed. Some games are at least more easily geared to play with a controller like fps's. Terraria isn't one of those.

The only thing that might get me excited about ports is hooking up a wireless keyboard and mouse and playing on my switch. But even that's not super duper exciting.

Derpinator-9000

The Destroyer
This tweet shows that they are focused on revealing and talking about the ports. Im sure they have been reworking and planning Otherworld for months now. This tweet only states that hopefully once Otherworld finally makes its grand return, it won't disappear for 7 months again.

Nooc 34

Terrarian
I said ask the pipeworks Twitter, since they are in charge of tow
Agreed, message them, even if they don't reply its better than sitting asking for something that devs don't look at as often. Twitter and social media in general is usually more visited by devs and other staff on games.
[doublepost=1521181847,1521181410][/doublepost]Also Guys Look At THIS --->
[doublepost=1521181876][/doublepost]Its important in the middle

Gives some info about Otherworld

landstalker

Terrarian
Agreed, message them, even if they don't reply its better than sitting asking for something that devs don't look at as often. Twitter and social media in general is usually more visited by devs and other staff on games.
[doublepost=1521181847,1521181410][/doublepost]Also Guys Look At THIS --->
[doublepost=1521181876][/doublepost]Its important in the middle

Gives some info about Otherworld
This "information" might as well not exist.
It is the announcement that caused the waves that are still rippling to this very day.
A thoroughly amateur pronouncement of a project that had sat on its backside for a year doing nothing and then two weeks after they pulled their collective thumbs out of their asses they decide to tell the world there's a game coming.
When?
That's anyone's guess.
So once that spiraled into the sun under the sheer weight of its own stupidity, the project finally found it's way into the hands of Re-Logic and Pipeworks.
Any "news" that might be in the above video needs forgetting immediately.

Top Bottom