PC Item 3,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new alchemy table looks pretty awesome. Even if it were purely decorative, it would be worth crafting. On the other hand, I look at it and go, "Ack! This won't fit into my existing buildings without removing something." The sacrifices I make for this game. :rolleyes:

The outfit looks great, too.

Expert Mode:
I'm very glad to see actual difficulty modes implemented into the game, except for one thing: "greater rewards for their efforts." If that means more powerful items than you could get otherwise, or items with functions you can't otherwise get... please, don't do that. Difficulty levels are meant so people can play at their own speed and skill level. Adding desirable items to the higher levels encourages people to go out of their league, and basically puts us back to the same issue of "Average players wanting to experience the full game, vs elite players who demand challenge." Furthermore, giving the best items to the players who were looking for the biggest challenge kind of defeats the purpose.
Ayup.

I don't think I'll be playing in any "expert mode;" I'm not one of these hardcore people that constantly go on about what a breeze it is to ace Frost Moon with a wooden sword. I don't begrudge people harder game modes; if ReLogic want to add that for the people who like the idea, it costs me nothing. Still it does rankle that it could include otherwise unattainable items. Eh... what will be, will be.
It may be an unpopular opinion, but if they're that eager for a challenge, wouldn't the challenge, itself, be the reward? That, or Steam achievements?

oooo is amazing how terraria been made in the last few months
now has countless items and even imagine what she will have later
congratulations for big game
I remember when there estava the 1.2 upgrade :(

I'm very intrigued about the new AI for the bosses.

I would LOVE to have an actual challenge fighting them - especially The Twin - due to how easy it is to use 1,000 platforms and a gun to defeat it.

can we have more spoilers
upload_2014-10-7_20-23-7.jpeg
lol I hope u like Doctor Who

...the post suddenly cut off. oh wait, nevermind. after i read "expert mode" my eyes just got so sparkly that i couldn't see anything else. false alarm.

Expert mode sounds fantastic! Really going to add alot of replay value in this game that already exists to be replayed!

Cenx you beautiful creature you think you could give us a gif of expert mode? Like a short gif depicting the augmented zombie AI (the most basic AI as to not spoil much)

Good day Terrarians!

As many of you know we just hit item 3,000 for the upcoming 1.3 PC update! At this time we still do not have an expected release date but I will tell you a little bit about what we are working on...

View attachment 3878
Item 3,000:
The Alchemy Table. When you craft potions at the Alchemy table each item in the recipe has a 1 in 3 chance to not be consumed. This item is new and still being tested so it is subject to change.

Red's new secret project:
Red has been working on a new game mode currently being called "Expert Mode". In expert mode the games difficulty has been greatly increased. Players will face old monsters with new ai, bosses with new ai and mechanics, and much more with greater rewards for their efforts.

Release Date:

Many of you have been asking when the update will be released. Simple put...When it is done. I do not want to give the team an imaginary release date to strive for to add unnecessary stress to the job. We want this update to be amazing and feel 100% complete and for those reasons we are going to take our time.

Beta Testers:
Thank you to everyone who expressed interests in being beta testers, you guys are awesome and we appreciate your passion for the game. At this time we are full on testers, in the event that I feel we need more I will be contacting those of you who have already submitted your requests. My apologies for not being able to respond to everyone...my inbox/email is a bit out of control right now.
1. Seems weird, but useful
2. OH HELL YES! FINALLY
3. Seems reasonable

Great work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom