PC Item 3,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but seriously if someone could clarify as to whether or not this is separate from the softcore, hardcore, etc. difficulties that'd be great. Unless it'd be too spoilery. >.<

It is a separate toggle from Hardcore/Softcore, etc. - ala Diablo 3, if you will.

It is not a next "phase" of the game triggered by a boss like HM is.

Is that vanity set the cultist set? Or is there a head cultist outfit? (OOOOWEEEOOOO!)
But seriously, the vanity set in the GIF looks like a little too much. I prefer the simple cultists.

Last edited:
Red's new secret project:
Red has been working on a new game mode currently being called "Expert Mode". In expert mode the games difficulty has been greatly increased. Players will face old monsters with new ai, bosses with new ai and mechanics, and much more with greater rewards for their efforts.
Sounds interesting. Will this be related to the current difficulty settings, or will we be able to have Expart Mode running with softcore/mediumcore/hardcore?

Question about this 3,000 items made. Are you stating for the new update 3,000 NEW items have been made?

Good day Terrarians!

As many of you know we just hit item 3,000 for the upcoming 1.3 PC update! At this time we still do not have an expected release date but I will tell you a little bit about what we are working on...

View attachment 3878
Item 3,000:
The Alchemy Table. When you craft potions at the Alchemy table each item in the recipe has a 1 in 3 chance to not be consumed. This item is new and still being tested so it is subject to change.

Red's new secret project:
Red has been working on a new game mode currently being called "Expert Mode". In expert mode the games difficulty has been greatly increased. Players will face old monsters with new ai, bosses with new ai and mechanics, and much more with greater rewards for their efforts.

Release Date:

Many of you have been asking when the update will be released. Simple put...When it is done. I do not want to give the team an imaginary release date to strive for to add unnecessary stress to the job. We want this update to be amazing and feel 100% complete and for those reasons we are going to take our time.

Beta Testers:
Thank you to everyone who expressed interests in being beta testers, you guys are awesome and we appreciate your passion for the game. At this time we are full on testers, in the event that I feel we need more I will be contacting those of you who have already submitted your requests. My apologies for not being able to respond to everyone...my inbox/email is a bit out of control right now.

Expert mode huh?

I may be too much of a pansy for Normalcore and Hardcore, as I hate losing items, but if this is a difficulty toggle to be combined with say Softcore or Hardcore, I'll be all for that!

I needed something to spice up the game's difficulty without it being BS anyway

WAIT
EVERY coment I had read was a comment abot a new "worldtype" but it looks like a new character difficulty!
My oppinion ;)

Is Expert mode going to be choesn on character creation, with Soft,Medium,and hardcore modes?

Sorry if it was mentioned in an early page, but I wanted to know if Expert Mode would function as its own thing, or if it'd be a -core above hardcore. While I do like the idea of higher difficulty, I hated the item drop of Mediumcore, and I also hate perma-death. So I'd like the ability to use both soft-core and Expert Mode if possible.

Ooh, Expert mode! But is Expert mode an option like softcore, mediumcore and hardcore or is it unlocked in the game, like harmode?
Oh, and DA VANITY, DA TABLE, AND AH MY GOODNESS! and didn't you reach 1000 items in 1.2!?:eek: YOU ARE DEVELOPPER GODS!!!!!!:dryadpassionate:

I really hope this "Expert Mode" will be accessible after completing Hard Mode and not just another box to tick when creating a new character like Hardcore Mode.

I beg to differ. ~image snip~
but seriously if someone could clarify as to whether or not this is separate from the softcore, hardcore, etc. difficulties that'd be great. Unless it'd be too spoilery. >.<

Sounds interesting. Will this be related to the current difficulty settings, or will we be able to have Expart Mode running with softcore/mediumcore/hardcore?

Expert mode huh?

I may be too much of a pansy for Normalcore and Hardcore, as I hate losing items, but if this is a difficulty toggle to be combined with say Softcore or Hardcore, I'll be all for that!

I needed something to spice up the game's difficulty without it being BS anyway

WAIT
EVERY coment I had read was a comment abot a new "worldtype" but it looks like a new character difficulty!
My oppinion ;)

All y'all ^ need to read these v

The thought of Expert Hardcore terrifies me...I should test that next for giggles.

It is a separate toggle from Hardcore/Softcore, etc. - ala Diablo 3, if you will.

It is not a next "phase" of the game triggered by a boss like HM is.

Based on these comments it seems like it will most likely be a world gen option because otherwise it would be hard to run server side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom