PC Item 3,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty hyped for this its been a while since the last update,and I was getting bored because I have nothing to play.

I think the greatest announcement here is that the cultist robes are an item you can wear.

No, but really, this is awesome. Thank you so much. :happy:
Since i can't really express my excitement in text..

Could you possibly make an alternate to the Hallow? I think it would be interesting to see an alternate to the Hallow added in 1.3 just like 1.2 added an alternate to the corruption. Just a suggestion!

kITauUz.png

You're welcome.

wait... greater rewards?

what does that mean, exactly?

does that mean alot of items and gear are only going to be available through expert mode?

if so, damn... kinda sucks that alot of people will be cut off from game content if they arent absolutely perfect at the game... never liked when games did that.

if its not gonna restrict game content available to you on lower difficulties, what could the "greater rewards" possibly be? higher drop rates for rare stuff?

An Alchemy station is a good idea. Gathering mats for potions always seemed a bit tedious to me. Having a chance to not use a mat is pretty cool.

wait... greater rewards?

what does that mean, exactly?

does that mean alot of items and gear are only going to be available through expert mode?

if so, damn... kinda sucks that alot of people will be cut off from game content if they arent absolutely perfect at the game... never liked when games did that.

if its not gonna restrict game content available to you on lower difficulties, what could the "greater rewards" possibly be? higher drop rates for rare stuff?
A world where everyone is equal and receives the same treatment. No such place exists. If there was a world of equality, where talent and aptitude didn't matter, we would all be equally snubbed there.

A world where everyone is equal and receives the same treatment. No such place exists. If there was a world of equality, where talent and aptitude didn't matter, we would all be equally snubbed there.

we're talking about a GAME... not real life.

we play games to ESCAPE the harshness of reality... if you want fantasy to be like real life, then whats the point?

hell, why not make the game COMPLETELY realistic and add in sexism, too... racism, and all the other real life problems?

dont bring real life into games, no one wants that.

we're talking about a GAME... not real life.

we play games to ESCAPE the harshness of reality... if you want fantasy to be like real life, then whats the point?

hell, why not make the game COMPLETELY realistic and add in sexism, too... racism, and all the other real life problems?

dont bring real life into games, no one wants that.
I think his point is that the game would be pointless if there was no reward for doing things that are harder (e.g. getting drops from harder bosses for beating the early easy bosses for the sake of making them accessible to people who are bad at battling enemies, instead of getting good items for over coming actual challenges). They just used a real life example to illustrate why that kind of thing doesn't work. Higher rewards must be given for greater challenges so that the better reward are earned and the tougher challenge is worth it.

Last edited:
I think his point is that the game would be pointless if there was no reward for doing things that are harder
<snip>
Higher rewards must be given for greater challenges so that the better reward are earned and the tougher challenge is worth it.

True for progression, but a very bad idea for difficulty options. Higher difficulty modes are so the best players can still have fun without resorting to bizarre self-imposed challenges. If you add items that reward high difficulty settings (and aren't just trophies), you'll run into two problems.

1. People play harder difficulties because they want challenge. Giving them stronger items for playing on harder difficulties goes directly against the very purpose of it.

2. It blocks average players from functional content. As far as I can tell, most players don't strive to be the very best, they just want to beat the game and have fun. Refusing them access to top-tier equipment because they're playing to have fun (hey, that's the purpose of a game!) is only going to piss people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom