Resolved [Mobile] Item Duplication

I put all the items I wanted to dupe on a character, the backed up the character to local, went on a world and emptied the inventory in a chest

I put all the items I wanted to dupe on a character, the backed up the character to local, went on a world and emptied the inventory in a chest
that is still available as it unpatchable because it has to do with files and not actual gameplay, if they patch that the entire game would break

td;lr - yes it still is available

I just tried doing it the same way I used to, and it didn’t work with the 1.3 update
Try taking the items you want to dupe, put them in a chest, backup the world, go into the backup world and get the items from the chest, exit the world, delete the backup, and you're done, you should have double the items

ok so, on your phone there should be an app called "Files" in the app if you navigate to "On My iPhone" then "Terraria" then "Worlds". You should see files that end in .wld, if you long press on of those you will then get an option called "Duplicate" and that is how you backup up a world file

I mean.... I think I know an easier way of duplicating items on mobile. I'm torn on sharing it, but its absurdly easy, and I honestly just stumbled into it... there is likely a better/more efficient way of doing it, but I'm just going to mention it here as it's similar to this glitch:

-make sure you turn auto saving off.
-put all items down in a chest that you want to "dupe".
-save world
-re-enter world
-pick up all the items you want to duplicate
- *this seems to be where its different*, just let yourself die. The game forces a save onto the character at this point, but not the world.
-force close/restart the app, without saving the world.

The items will be saved on your character, but the world will revert back to when you last saved... you could grab a bunch of stuff you haven't even progressed on yet, die, and revert back to a pre-hardmode world with items from the moon lord if you wanted to...

Idk, I'm putting it here because I feel a little guilty for abusing it, and this topic seems related enough to it for me to just post this here.

Edit: and in case I wasn't clear about this, you can fill up your safe and piggy bank with the items and it will all stay on your character once you die because of the character force save. So just stuff your money into the bank/safe, and you will have doubled money/etc as a result as well.

Back
Top Bottom