tModLoader Item Frame Weapon Rack Fixer

Gortart

Terrarian
Item Frame Weapon Rack Fixer is just a very small mod that fixes item frames and weapon racks so they keep their mod item and global item data.

This mod became obsolete in 1.4 due to vanilla fix and won't be update. Your save may be unusable if you update 1.4 without breaking all the item frames and weapon racks. Please be aware.

You can get this mod in the mod browser.

Tested thoroughly with mod item and global items in SP and MP. Tested with even more modifiers and autotools. All items kept their mod item and global item data.

WARNING : Enabling/disabling this mod while you have item frames/filled weapon racks the game won't be able to load the world(because of how it saves items). Frotunately If you disable/enable it again the items and their infos are not lost.

Last edited:
This sounds great! :D

However, wouldn't it be better if the fixes are done to tML directly? Have you talked with the tML developers by chance?

This sounds great! :D

However, wouldn't it be better if the fixes are done to tML directly? Have you talked with the tML developers by chance?
I haven't talked with tmodloader devs but the bug is known; Here and as it'll take probably another month or so for the tmodloader updates to 1.4 and fix it. It's not an urgent issue either so it might be pushed even further.
Think of this mod as a temporary solution for it (kind of like the smart door mod that ported 1.4 doors to 1.3)

This mod will be one of my must have mods! Thank you for making it! It's really useful as now I can finally put my favourite modded weapons in various rooms of my houses. But is it possible for you to fix mannequins as well? If it's possible, I hope, that you will fix them as well.

This is a really great fix, if it works.

Is there some way to apply a similar fix to mannequins?

Ok i've tried to make a new (small) world and place item frame and put 1 or 2 vanilla item on them and around 10 modded item (pretty much 1 per mod) and after some leave to main menu/log in , it seem ok.

I didnt try it on my map yet , but as i've see for now , it work.

Also as others , i really would like to see a fix for mannequin too (my fiancee dont want to play modded just because of that :'/ )

As a bonus x) if you manage to do that , i promise you to add your mod as mods i support in my banner (know only prestigious mod have their place here , it mean for now only Overhaul and Thorium) for ever and even after tmod1.4 came out if you want :D

Hey, do you plan on making this open source? I'd like to see the source code before adding this mod to my server. I might even try adding mannequins to the fix as well.

Hey,

Could someone explain the Enable/Disable part to me? I'm only asking because I created a small "testing" world and the mod seems to work fine (exited and return to that word, everything was all still there). However, when I tried opening a world that had already item frames in it (meaning that items frames were created BEFORE the mod was even downloaded), that world wouldn't load at all until I disabled the mod.

Hey,

Could someone explain the Enable/Disable part to me? I'm only asking because I created a small "testing" world and the mod seems to work fine (exited and return to that word, everything was all still there). However, when I tried opening a world that had already item frames in it (meaning that items frames were created BEFORE the mod was even downloaded), that world wouldn't load at all until I disabled the mod.
I'm not the author but i'm assuming the mod changes the way that data is saved. You can only use it in a fresh world and keep it enabled. It won't work if you add it to a pre-existing world and if you start a world with it you can't disable it then continue your world without it.

Hey,

Sorry for late reply, as this mod changes the way vanilla Terraria saves weapon rack and item frame, enabling this mod and loading the world that had item frame before the mod will fail. You can remove every weapon rack and item frame in the world and enable/disable this mod and it will be fine.

As for additional support for mannequines, I don't think it's worth it now because tModloader 1.4 pre-alpha is already in the testing and they work fine there. It also fixes weapon rack and item frame so this mod shouldn't be needed anymore.

If more stable 1.4 alpha drops, I will try to figure out how to migrate the saves so the users just have to load the world once with the mod and then disable it afterwards. If I can't, I'll add an item or command that just breaks every single weapon rack and item frame in the world and vacuums the item so the users can load the world, use it, disable the mod and place them back manually.

Back
Top Bottom