Game Mechanics Item Grappling and a Wing Slot

What do you think of these ideas?

• Wing Slot seems useful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • These aren't that good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, hear me out. Imagine if you could grapple items towards you.
Example: You're farming Wyverns for Souls of Flight, and you kill that one Wyvern and the soul spawns way too far for you to jump towards. Of course you could build to it or use the Sandstorm in a Bottle to double jump to it, or you could use that one hook you got to grapple it towards you, it could kinda save time.
Also, the Wing Slot thing, of course there's a mod for it, but it would really be good to have a vanilla Wing Slot like the Wing Slot mod works.
I would really love to see these both in the game, especially the Item Grappling.

this would work also if you wore wings and the item was away from you because wings start gliding when they travel to far. if you put a poll saying do you think this would be good? i would have said yes! i give my support!
New
I personally support the concept of item grappling, but I think the Wing Slot would be a bit unbalanced.
yeah I don't like the Wing Slot either.

Last edited:
this would work also if you wore wings and the item was away from you because wings start gliding when they travel to far. if you put a poll saying do you think this would be good? i would have said yes! i give my support! yeah I don't like the Wing Slot either.
Yea, I'll add a poll for people to express their opinion about this.

I think some sort of item grappling would be really handy. Perhaps it could function like the mage hand spell from D&D, with good reach but a couple small limitations to balance it. It would be nice to also have a separate item that attracts all items in a given radius, like the greedy magnet from Thorium.

As for the wing slot, I really like the mod but I don't think it's really suited to vanilla Terraria. Part of the challenge, in my opinion, comes from having to strategically choose a small number of accessories that will benefit you the most and complement your play style. The demon heart in expert mode is well-implemented, however I think going beyond that with a dedicated vanilla wing slot would be jumping the shark.

Back
Top Bottom