Items Item sell values in tooltip

TrojanXP

Terrarian
There are times when I go on a long and deep delve into the underground. There are tons of loot obtainable from monsters, chests and by mining, and running out of inventory slots is pretty easy in those situations. In those cases I am forced to trash/throw away all that new precious loot that can't fit in my bags, or alternatively replace them with loot in my bag that has relatively less worth in order to maximize my income. There are tons of items in the game even in pre-hardmode which have differing rarity categories and sell value and some items don't have a sell value at all. Not to mention the long list of modifiers that affect the value of weapons, armor and accessories which occupy an inventory slot on their own (which is also the reason why comparing them to each other is pretty important when considering their sell values).

Currently I can only view values of items when I have a trading window open, or by visiting the wiki. Even if I visit the wiki I would have to calculate the changes to value by modifiers by myself. So, I am suggesting a change which would allow players to see the item's value in the tooltip anywhere. For stackable items there would be two lines, first the value per item, then the value of the stack currently under the cursor.

Sure, seems harmless and easy to add. Even if red decides it's too unbalanced for whatever reason then he can make one of the greedy ring components do it...

I can see some players finding an extra value readout to be inconvenient, so maybe there could be a small button next to quick stack that turns it on? Might be a bad idea but it could work

Sure, seems harmless and easy to add. Even if red decides it's too unbalanced for whatever reason then he can make one of the greedy ring components do it...
That would actually be pretty cool if the Greedy Ring got another use, good idea!

I can see some players finding an extra value readout to be inconvenient, so maybe there could be a small button next to quick stack that turns it on? Might be a bad idea but it could work
It's just a single line at the bottom of every tooltip, I doubt anyone would get annoyed over that.

Back
Top Bottom