Items Item to cancel solar eclipses and blood moons

RustyCarKeys

Terrarian
Please add an item you can get maybe at post golem to cancel solar eclipses and blood moons because when doing angler quests I seem to get solar eclipse and blood moon every day and night.

There’s the Enchanted Sundial, which skips over to the next day at 4:30. It’s not perfect though because nothing stops the next day from being an event and it only works weekly.

I think there should also be a way to cancel invasions. It’s really easy to get struck by Pirates well before you’re equipped to deal with them, and nothing stops players from barging into the Pillars before you’re ready. It would also be nice to not have to spend 15 minutes clearing out martians after you get the drop you need.

I think there should be a general event canceller (aside from the Lunar Events though). Dunno how it should be implemented if there were to be one. The sundial is really bad as it is now. A solution could be a buffed sundial that has no cooldown idk.

I would just remove the random chance of getting pirate invasion/solar eclipse. If you actually want these events you'll just get the summon items anyway.
I agree with this, On a ranger playthrough I died 7 times to a surprise pirate invasion at the start of HM

I would just remove the random chance of getting pirate invasion/solar eclipse. If you actually want these events you'll just get the summon items anyway.
Maybe there should be one natural occurrence of each event but then after that manual summons are required. Would need a craftable bloody tear though.

That's a solution. Though I think that the randomness of events makes the game more interesting. Though I do think there should be a way to cancel them if they get in the way of a construction project for example or you just aren't ready to face them. (mainly concerning the Pirate Invasion and Solar Eclipse since the Goblin Army shouldn't be much of a challenge). The Solar Eclipse is probably the most annoying since it affects the entire surface, and not just the middle of the world. (blood moon as well, but it's not as bad) I lost against Cultist one time because of Solar Eclipse enemies causing trouble. (was in Master so I couldn't just ignore them)
An unmentioned thing is Sandstorms. I think that they should be connected to wind speed (Windy Day is other biomes is Sandstorm in the Desert). In that case there should be some way of predicting trends with the wind. If the dungeon spawns in the desert for example and you want to fight skeletron.

Last edited:
That's a solution. Though I think that the randomness of events makes the game more interesting. Though I do think there should be a way to cancel them if they get in the way of a construction project for example or you just aren't ready to face them. (mainly concerning the Pirate Invasion and Solar Eclipse since the Goblin Army shouldn't be much of a challenge). The Solar Eclipse is probably the most annoying since it affects the entire surface, and not just the middle of the world. I lost against Cultist one time because of Solar Eclipse enemies causing trouble. (was in Master so I couldn't just ignore them)
Maybe as middle ground there could be days where spawn rates are increased in certain areas? "The crimson is angered..." "The desert is drier than normal..."

Back
Top Bottom