Switch Items disappear while switching to other items

Darkraivids

Official Terrarian
Hi, I wanted to thank you guys for working hard to fix all of the bugs in the updates.

Something I really dislike began happening. My little brother has Terraria and so do I, and he told me that his Star Cannon disappeared as he was using it against Eater of Worlds. Later, I noticed that my Minishark disappeared while I was fighting the Brain of Cthulhu. The interesting thing I noticed is that I was switching items when this happened. I managed to close the game and it gave me the item back. I'm assuming that somehow when I was using the item, I went into my inventory and switched items on the hotkey bar and that may have triggered it. Usually the game will prevent you from switching places of items while you're using them, even if you're paused. My brother also said he lost a Sawtooth Shark (axe) as well.

Hi, I wanted to thank you guys for working hard to fix all of the bugs in the updates.

Something I really dislike began happening. My little brother has Terraria and so do I, and he told me that his Star Cannon disappeared as he was using it against Eater of Worlds. Later, I noticed that my Minishark disappeared while I was fighting the Brain of Cthulhu. The interesting thing I noticed is that I was switching items when this happened. I managed to close the game and it gave me the item back. I'm assuming that somehow when I was using the item, I went into my inventory and switched items on the hotkey bar and that may have triggered it. Usually the game will prevent you from switching places of items while you're using them, even if you're paused. My brother also said he lost a Sawtooth Shark (axe) as well.
Hi there @Darkraivids, thanks for sharing this. If you can get reproduction steps to identify exactly how this happens in order to replicate it consistently that would be great. A step by step guide.

Back
Top Bottom