Switch Items disappearing from chests in multiplayer

RimasLXBYA

Terrarian
I've been playing multiplayer with my gf for a week now and (she always hosts, I'm always a client) and I frequently have this issue where I'll place an item from my inventory into a chest, go do stuff in game and come back to the item being gone.

The most notable instance of this was when we were trying to figure out how sorting worked, and I moved three items into my inventory and then back in the chest (through the Y button), to see how the sorting behaved. As I was explaining what I saw to my girlfriend, I had her open the chest and the items I touched were gone.

This only ever seems to happen to me. I'll be sending Pipeworks a report as well, but I wanted to also say it here because if there's a known workaround for this issue, I'd like to know. This is one of my gf's fav games and I'd like to keep enjoying it with her.

I have experienced the same bug in multiplayer with my bf; his game docked and hosting, my game playing handheld. Sometimes, the disappearing items will initially only disappear for one of us, and later will set in for both.

My girlfriend and I have also had this same problem. I will be docked hosting the server my girlfriend will deposit hours worth of ore/bars into our chests. The second she closes the chest and reopens it the items have all disappeared. They will also only disappear for one of us initially at times, but usually for both us immediately. This hasn't just happened a couple times, it is pretty much every time my gf uses the chests. I have played 360 and pc versions of the game and never experienced the issue. Usually I am happy to shell out the extra dosh for another version of the game and to support terraria. However, these bugs are game breaking especially at the price point on the Nintendo E-shop. I also cannot request a refund so I am left holding the bag for a broken game. I noticed the first two people who posted about this issue did so some time ago and never received a reply. This is quite worrisome and I hope the issue is being addressed. Usually the team holds themselves to a higher standard and I hope they step up here..

My girlfriend and I have also had this same problem. I will be docked hosting the server my girlfriend will deposit hours worth of ore/bars into our chests. The second she closes the chest and reopens it the items have all disappeared. They will also only disappear for one of us initially at times, but usually for both us immediately. This hasn't just happened a couple times, it is pretty much every time my gf uses the chests. I have played 360 and pc versions of the game and never experienced the issue. Usually I am happy to shell out the extra dosh for another version of the game and to support terraria. However, these bugs are game breaking especially at the price point on the Nintendo E-shop. I also cannot request a refund so I am left holding the bag for a broken game. I noticed the first two people who posted about this issue did so some time ago and never received a reply. This is quite worrisome and I hope the issue is being addressed. Usually the team holds themselves to a higher standard and I hope they step up here..
Sorry to hear that @buritocat3 I completely understand the frustration. I don’t have any resolution or workaround to offer, but to let you know that DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this bug won’t be present when that releases.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

Back
Top Bottom