Xbox 360 Items Lost Save/Reload. Punishment ?

Do you miss when 360 used to get updates ?

• Yes !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ant Sil

Terrarian
I loaded up my world. My wife and i were scrounging around.

My wife got tired and went to bed.

I figured why not duplicated some ore and money. I mean the account was already loaded.

I turned off auto save. Loaded up her character (player 2) with all the ore we had and all the monies we collected. I left one of each item in the chest for easy stacking.

I saved on her screen, (player 2). then I exited. then i reloaded and drooped all the items in a chest.

I then exited with out saving. I reloaded her character.

Not only was her inventory empty, but other items that i did not try to duplicate were just erased from the characters main bar.

I had not saved my game (player 1) so i exited seeing the failure.

I reloaded the world and all the items that were in the chest were gone except for 1 of each item.

The items that Disappeared From player 2 did not come back either... i wasn't expecting them to but i was hopeful.

I understand that duplicating is Not on the Up and Up but, but this seems to be a really bad save glitch if not an actual punishment for trying.

{recap}

1.) tunred off atuo save

2.) Loaded a second Character.

3.) removed items from chest.

4.) saved again.

5.) exited second character.

6.) Reloaded second character.

7.) sucesfully droped all times in the chest.

8.) exited second character.

9.) reloaded again. Inventory was empty. items that were not droped in the chest from the main items bar were gone.( vanished )

10.) exited world. ( no save)

11.) reloaded world. all items in the chest reset to 1.

12.) reloaded second character. all items missing and other misc items from the main bar missing.

P.S.
I do relize that the second time I saved was after the single items were in the chest.

I noticed that when i exited the world with the second character. despite auto save being off, the saving icon did appear.

So foolish as this whole thing is i was under the impression that if i exited that the game was saved at that point. but nope it wasnt.

Conclusion

I get that nobody wants to update the 360 version of the game. But I Dont want to buy an Xbox one. There is nothing wrong with my 360.

So if the answer is we are aware but it will never be fixed thats fine too. but please dont link me to the post about no updates... just say it wont be fixed ever.

I don't think that's even fixable even if the 360 was getting updates. Playing with your saves is a funky business. But as you've already assumed, there are no updates for old gen consoles.

I don't remember if this is okay to discuss, but if you were trying to duplicate, exit WITHOUT saving on the character that has the items you want to duplicate AFTER dumping the items. Make sure both accounts have autosave off (most guides won't tell you this, it's also a good thing to have just in case something happens) and then SAVE and exit with the character that is hosting the game.
[doublepost=1508293909,1508293850][/doublepost]Also, make sure you don't add a guest account and try this. That will just consume your items and you won't be able to recover them.

Back
Top Bottom