Game Mechanics Items Respawning in Dungeon

Snickerbobble

The Painter
A looong time ago, my friend thought this was true (about books). Well, it wasn't, anyway..

Empty shelves in the Dungeon should have a very low chance to have a book reappear. Additionally, at an even lower rate, they could have a potion respawn. In pre-hardmode, lesser healing and lesser mana potions would reappear, in hardmode the normal versions would spawn, and post-Plantera would have greaters spawn. The rate of spawning would probably be about 5 books and 1 potion a day throughout the entire dungeon. A book could have a 2% chance to spawn as a Waterbolt.

The potions wouldn't be a reliable way of farming potions, but it could give a few now and then, as well as keep your dungeon decorated with potions. As for books, people might want more books, and they'd also block out potion spawns, so a player doesn't return to a dungeon with hundreds of potions.

A looong time ago, my friend thought this was true (about books). Well, it wasn't, anyway..

Empty shelves in the Dungeon should have a very low chance to have a book reappear. Additionally, at an even lower rate, they could have a potion respawn. In pre-hardmode, lesser healing and lesser mana potions would reappear, in hardmode the normal versions would spawn, and post-Plantera would have greaters spawn. The rate of spawning would probably be about 5 books and 1 potion a day throughout the entire dungeon. A book could have a 2% chance to spawn as a Waterbolt.

The potions wouldn't be a reliable way of farming potions, but it could give a few now and then, as well as keep your dungeon decorated with potions. As for books, people might want more books, and they'd also block out potion spawns, so a player doesn't return to a dungeon with hundreds of potions.
Make it so only naturally placed platforms can respawn books and potions :D

I guess it makes sense. It seems a tad unnecessary, but renewable books is a cool idea. I would say its strange, books 'growing', but then again, this is Terraria we're talking about.

I guess it makes sense. It seems a tad unnecessary, but renewable books is a cool idea. I would say its strange, books 'growing', but then again, this is Terraria we're talking about.
It would be useful for those who make lots of bookshelves. The idea is the skeletons place books and potions back, I guess? :p

I love that image..

*gnarrr* *must kill* *oh look a book's missing, how dreadful, I must replace it!* *gnashh* *death to all*
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now.

As for the idea that's a simpler option that what I had planned, I was going to give the guide a shop with books as one of the things.

Renewable Books = Awesome!

It would also give some incentive to explore the Dungeon several times at random points in your journey before unlocking the HM features.

I just imagine how the farms will look like.

I'm okay with that if it only works on book shelves placed in the dungeon :)

And Darthmorf, XD

Back
Top Bottom