Weapons & Equip Items that could use a resprite

I like the resprited phaseblade a lot more than the normal one. I think they should change the sprites of those in the next update, because the ones now just look stupid. Great sprites!

(Now the word sprite just sounds weird to me)

I love the books, how I can actually tell them apart. The new corruption enemies are amazingly colored, but I don't like how the eater of souls and corruptor are so stretched out. Megashark, not amazing but much better. Phaseblade is a vast improvement, I also prefer the pointy tip. I don't like the slime shading, but there's not much room to be worse than the originals.

Hey @Scarecrow, since I feel you've greatly improved since then, might you give some other sprites an update maybe? Also, with the resprites of 1.3.1, some of yours are a little out-dated, namely the spell books, which now have colored outlines rather than the dark gray, which your books have. I bet you could do some great resprites if you decided to try it again!

tbh I don't know why this thread got revived. I recall everyone just disliking all my sprites for the most part.
meanwhile nobody cares about my recent suggestions.

as such I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything more with it.

I think we can all agree that with the new updates, and much better sprite work, there are now quite a few veteran items that look super out of place with the updated art direction the game is taking.

I looked at quite a few items, and not only are there some that could simply be updated to look better, but there are a few that would greatly benefit from and or need a resprite. with that said, here's a bunch of resprited items.

IMO, spellbooks are in dire need of some artistic attention, they are all obviously sharing the same book sprite, which is okay and all, but then you realize that a lot of them are simple pallet swaps, and or extremely slight variation from the default water bolt sprite. the biggest offenders I found were the Demon Scythe, and the Razorblade Typhoon, being direct pallet swaps of the water bolt. And then there's the Cursed Flames, which doesn't very well fit the spell itself very well. a purple book with blue highlights shooting lime green flames seems kinda odd to me.

In the end I made these 3 re sprites

Demon Scythe
Demon_Scythe.png
Before

View attachment 23600 After

Cursed Flames
Cursed_Flames.png
Before

View attachment 23601 After

Razorblade Typhoon
Razorblade_Typhoon.png
Before

View attachment 23602 After

This one isn't so bad that it is in dire need of a new sprite, but the thing is, they resprited the minishark to look more like a minigun, and when you look at the megashark, it looks more like a standard 1 barrel machine gun than a minigun. To me that seems like an unfitting visual upgrade. With that said, here is the new megashark

Megashark.png
Before

View attachment 38611 After

here's the minishark as a comparison as well
Minishark.png

essentially I made my resprite a bigger, fatter minishark with a chain of bullets being fed into the barrel.

Phaseblades have been around forever, with their sprites completely untouched. visually they are the black sheep of the meteorite set, looking like none of the other meteorite items. plus the blade itself looks more like cheep plastic with those white dent lines in it. so I took the time to completely redo the sprite, while keeping the same general shape of the handle, giving it a shade closer to the space gun, and most importantly, making the shading of the blade itself a million times better.

Red_Phaseblade.png
Before

View attachment 23606 After

and for those that hate the pointy tip View attachment 38427

Slimes are simplistic monsters, however @MegaMage314 pointed out that they could be vastly improved. Unfortunately I'm not totally sure if I could downright fix all his issues, but none the less, I improved a few of them as an example
Red_Slime.png
Blue_Slime.png

Green_Slime.png
Black_Slime.png
before

View attachment 38617 after

That's all I got for the time being, and I am hoping to continue expanding this suggestion as a mini side project. if any of you think there are some sprites in the game that could use improvement, let me know in the comments, and let me what you think of the ones that you already see in the OP.
I think the Razorblade Typhoon is the main thing that needs a resprite. It’s a very important weapon imo, and needs to shine more. :)

Back
Top Bottom