Weapons & Equip Items That Should Be Combinable.

This is getting :red:ing irritating. The whole point I was trying to make is that if it has a less-than-100% chance to drop, you will get :red:ed trying to get that item eventually.
Hm, uh, yes, and the lower that percent is, the higher the chance of more people getting :red:ed for longer periods of time. Both the Water Walking Boots and Lava Charm have abysmal percentages; that makes it so you'll struggle with it more often.
In my last Expert playthrough, to took over 200. 200. Cursed Skulls to drop a Nazar, and still didn't get it. I ended up just giving up on that front. And this was for Ankh Shield, one of my most used accessories.

Yes, while Werewolves and Creature from the Deep are common spawns, their drops aren't. And Golem does drop the Sun Stone, but, and this is absolutely amazing, HE WON'T ALWAYS DROP IT. It's a chance to drop it. You could get 5 Sun Stones in five Golems, or none in 100. It's all up to chance. I've reiterated this twice now.

Depending on your luck, the first Slime you kill could drop a Slime Staff, or literally none could drop it. Depending on your luck, you could get the exact you want from a boss first try, every time, or never get what you want. Does that make it good? Does that make it bad?
YES, it kinda depends. Enemies either spawn often, are easily respawnable (bosses), or are rare with higher drop chances, allowing you more rolls at the rare loot (or in the case of the latter, a higher chance per roll). This is way better than the Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots, which are DOUBLY-rare items.
Gold and Water Chests themselves (mainly the latter) don't spawn super often, so, unlike your scenarios with the enemies, you first need to have a lot of luck to even find one chance at the item, which is further hampered in PreHardmode (when the items would be more than an occasional convenience, on average) by the fact that you don't have the mobility you would have in Hardmode. If you luck out with that, THEN you have to roll for the loot inside, which is its OWN scary process due to the fact that both the Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots are the rarest items in their respective chest types. For that much effort combined with wishful thinking?
EscenceUhuh.png
Hell
no; I'd rather just make potions (or just break pots in the Underworld for a few seconds; a single Water Walking Potion is all I need for Wall of Flesh).
I know you won't because it'll refute your point, but
think about how other people feel about this. For more than a few seconds, please. The world don't revolve around you, boy, and people's attention spans don't last for more than a goldfish's; they're not gonna wanna grind for that long.
I wish the goldfish thing was a joke.
And as I said, yes the potions stack with those items, but they also work by themselves. You don't have space for Worm Scarf (Hahaha)? Drink an Endurance Potion and get basically the same effect.
EscenceWhatthehellareyouonabout.png

Okay, first off, if you're not making space for the Worm Scarf, you're effectively deciding to take more damage from all attacks for no good reason. That thing is guaranteed to drop in Expert Mode, and it is a LOT better than anything you could get in PreHardmode.
Second off (and more importantly), something tells me the only reason you're angry is that you can't come up with any more valid reasons to refute Omega's points, as you've now begun making his original point FOR him.
Don't believe me? Lemme change a few things in your quote.
And as I said, yes the potions stack with those items, but they also work by themselves. You don't have space for Lava Waders (you played yourself, Lamia)? Drink a Water Walking Potion, Obsidian Skin Potion, or both, and get basically the same effect.

Having said all of that...
I don't hate that, but It's still pretty far out of your way, and it doesn't solve the problem of water walking boots. I feel like making the lava charm just be craftable from something like obsidian+fire moss would be better (because you can place moss in 1.4).
The Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots both just need to be more common so most people can actually FIND them before their usefulness expires. While their convenience meter drops from near-constant to occasional the moment you kill the Wall of Flesh and get your loot, the convenience is still there; it just isn't enough on its own anymore, hence the need for tinkering. The Frostspark Boots fill a similar role of occasional convenience (personally, it's a bit more than that), making them the perfect candidate for such a mix. However, the footwear that need the buff here are the Frostspark Boots. I already typed out an uber-complicated idea for such a thing, but a good amount of what we would really need is for the movement speed boost and maximum speed to increase further as you upgraded them; this is partially present with the Lightning Boots (max speed increases to 227% from 200%), but the boost isn't big enough, and the Frostspark Boots don't receive a similar treatment. This, along with adding some sort of mid-air bonus (Anklet of the Wind makes the most sense for this) would make them able to compete with both the Wings and the Tabi, the latter of which is apparently mobility supreme, according to Mr. Bay Jame.

Basically, everything in the Frostspark + Lava combo needs some sort of change or rework; Journey's End sounds like the perfect time for that, no?

Hm, uh, yes, and the lower that percent is, the higher the chance of more people getting :red:ed for longer periods of time. Both the Water Walking Boots and Lava Charm have abysmal percentages; that makes it so you'll struggle with it more often.

YES, it kinda depends. Enemies either spawn often, are easily respawnable (bosses), or are rare with higher drop chances, allowing you more rolls at the rare loot (or in the case of the latter, a higher chance per roll). This is way better than the Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots, which are DOUBLY-rare items.
Gold and Water Chests themselves (mainly the latter) don't spawn super often, so, unlike your scenarios with the enemies, you first need to have a lot of luck to even find one chance at the item, which is further hampered in PreHardmode (when the items would be more than an occasional convenience, on average) by the fact that you don't have the mobility you would have in Hardmode. If you luck out with that, THEN you have to roll for the loot inside, which is its OWN scary process due to the fact that both the Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots are the rarest items in their respective chest types. For that much effort combined with wishful thinking? View attachment 230764 Hell no; I'd rather just make potions (or just break pots in the Underworld for a few seconds; a single Water Walking Potion is all I need for Wall of Flesh).
I know you won't because it'll refute your point, but
think about how other people feel about this. For more than a few seconds, please. The world don't revolve around you, boy, and people's attention spans don't last for more than a goldfish's; they're not gonna wanna grind for that long.
I wish the goldfish thing was a joke.

View attachment 230763
Okay, first off, if you're not making space for the Worm Scarf, you're effectively deciding to take more damage from all attacks for no good reason. That thing is guaranteed to drop in Expert Mode, and it is a LOT better than anything you could get in PreHardmode.
Second off (and more importantly), something tells me the only reason you're angry is that you can't come up with any more valid reasons to refute Omega's points, as you've now begun making his original point FOR him.
Don't believe me? Lemme change a few things in your quote.

Having said all of that...

The Lava Charm and Water Walking Boots both just need to be more common so most people can actually FIND them before their usefulness expires. While their convenience meter drops from near-constant to occasional the moment you kill the Wall of Flesh and get your loot, the convenience is still there; it just isn't enough on its own anymore, hence the need for tinkering. The Frostspark Boots fill a similar role of occasional convenience (personally, it's a bit more than that), making them the perfect candidate for such a mix. However, the footwear that need the buff here are the Frostspark Boots. I already typed out an uber-complicated idea for such a thing, but a good amount of what we would really need is for the movement speed boost and maximum speed to increase further as you upgraded them; this is partially present with the Lightning Boots (max speed increases to 227% from 200%), but the boost isn't big enough, and the Frostspark Boots don't receive a similar treatment. This, along with adding some sort of mid-air bonus (Anklet of the Wind makes the most sense for this) would make them able to compete with both the Wings and the Tabi, the latter of which is apparently mobility supreme, according to Mr. Bay Jame.

Basically, everything in the Frostspark + Lava combo needs some sort of change or rework; Journey's End sounds like the perfect time for that, no?
That's not even mentioning the fact that if you go by the logic "RNG can screw you over, so therefore everything that isn't guaranteed is equally likely to obtain" then souls of light are equally as rare as Rods of Discord.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom