Items you think are overrated?

Always preferred guns. Much quicker, looks cooler, and I :red:ing hate bows.
Guns are so boring though. Straight Line projectiles don't need any planning and most of them are actually slower than some arrows used with the Magic Quiver. Also, Chlorophyte bullets just feel lazy and a huge waste of resources. At least with dart weapons and rockets you have to space things. Also, no bullet looks as cool as the Eventide.

Guns are so boring though. Straight Line projectiles don't need any planning and most of them are actually slower than some arrows used with the Magic Quiver. Also, Chlorophyte bullets just feel lazy and a huge waste of resources. At least with dart weapons and rockets you have to space things. Also, no bullet looks as cool as the Eventide.
Boring? BORING? YOU TELL THAT TO THE VORTEX BEATER!

Boring? BORING? YOU TELL THAT TO THE VORTEX BEATER!
I will. Homing is nothing new and the rest of it is just a glorified megashark with absolutely terrible spread that makes it unusable against almost everything unless you use chlorophyte bullets. Which both make it's rocket less of a standout and, as mentioned before, are a waste of resources. That's the opposite of cool.

Fine. But I'm not changing my stance.
Bows are overrated. They're mainly good very early-game when ammo and stuff like that is hard to get, but there's many more interesting alternatives later on.

ALL BOWS ARE OVERRATED. EVEN MELEE IS LESS OVERRATED THAN BOWS!
Doubtful. Melee is so ridiculously overrated that I would say nothing can ever possibly beat it as far as how overrated it is. Even the developers overrate that class. Sword after sword after sword after sword... and yet nothing that compares to the other three until postgame where it doesn't even matter anymore.
Fine. But I'm not changing my stance.
Bows are overrated. They're mainly good very early-game when ammo and stuff like that is hard to get, but there's many more interesting alternatives later on.
Phantasm still has higher dps than literally everything else at it's tier. Tsunami is available right at the start of hardmode if you're good enough and can carry you all the way until aforementioned phantasm. The only time guns are better is the minishark at the start of the game.

...At this point, I'm considering just quitting ever doing a ranger playthrough, and only doing magic.
I didn't say guns were bad. They're actually not bad at all (I'd still say they're really really good, but that's just how ranger tends to go). They just aren't as good as other ranger weapons.

Back
Top Bottom