Items you thought you would never replace

coffeemancer

Terrarian
For me it was the super boots, i used them so much that taking them off and being slow on the ground felt like such a pain

But flying around is so fast now, so it doesn't matter as much, I can make room for another accessory and just have solar flare wings or vortex booster

Obsidian/Ankh Shield for the Eye of Cthulhu Shield. Having that dash ability really made dodging much easier. I know I can use both at the same time but it feels strange using 2 shields at once.

One back in 1.1 was the Angel/Demon Wings which I always rushed to craft as they seemed like the ultimate accessories. Then when 1.2 came out, those were easily replaced by a bunch of other wings.

Then there's pretty much any weapon in the Lunar Tier which is better than all other weapons acquired up to that point. Even making Fishron weapons seem like a set of wooden bows, wooden swords and magic wands.

Terra Blade. Already have it replaced with Influx Waver until I get Meowmere and Star Wrath.

Terra Blade. Already have it replaced with Influx Waver until I get Meowmere and Star Wrath.

Ditto during my Sword-only playthrough. Thought the Terrablade I've sought after for so long would never leave Slot 1, then I got the Influx Waver on my second Martain Saucer drop.

Rest in Pepperonis, Terrablade. Got downgraded to Slot 2...

Pygmy Staff... then Raven Staff came out and I never thought I would replace that... then Tempest staff came out and I never thought to replace that... then Stardust Dragon/Cells happened.

Obsidian/Ankh Shield for the Eye of Cthulhu Shield. Having that dash ability really made dodging much easier. I know I can use both at the same time but it feels strange using 2 shields at once.

One back in 1.1 was the Angel/Demon Wings which I always rushed to craft as they seemed like the ultimate accessories. Then when 1.2 came out, those were easily replaced by a bunch of other wings.

Then there's pretty much any weapon in the Lunar Tier which is better than all other weapons acquired up to that point. Even making Fishron weapons seem like a set of wooden bows, wooden swords and magic wands.
You could maybe replace Shield of Cthulhu with Master Ninja Gear, I am sure it is more better.

Flairon just doesn't shine like it used to back in 1.2... Solar Eruption, Terrarian, Star Wrath all make the Flairon look really bad.

My weapon is the Razorpine sadly. I literally dreamt of obtaining that weapon during my first ever 20 hours of Terraria gameplay.

To see it now sunken below the depths of the Lunar tier weapons makes me heavy hearted. But then again, the stronger the better.

Fun fact : Back in hours 0-30, I kept telling myself I would never pass Crimtane or Demonite and each and every time it would lower my hopes of becoming an end game player. :)

A few things; the Terra Blade, Death Sickle, The Eye of Cthulhu, and Megashark.
Ditched the Terra Blade for the Influx Waver, which has a higher base damage and the projectile slashes enemies three more times after it hits.
Death Sickle just got generally outclassed by others. I have the Lunar Flare in its slot now.
The Eye of Cthulhu is a similar case to the Death Sickle. I say this one in particular but it was just the yoyo I had at the time, more accurately I replaced the entire Yoyo type. I plan to use the Terrarian when I get it, though.
The Megashark isn't hard to figure out. I use the Vortex Beater in its place.

Thorn chakaram
And gold armour
I thought it was so good
(This is when I was a noob AND playing mobile)
Then I beat the EOC, skeletron and EOW. I never looked back
Rest in pepperoni gold;(

The weapon I will never replace is the Inferno Fork. Every playthrough I take it and I put it in the customary second slot on my hotbar, where it comes out in triumph or to finish off bosses.

That thing is my baby.

The Ankh Shield, which I switched out for the Star Veil when I realised that debuff immunity doesn't matter when the debuffs you're immune to are pretty much nonexistent in the endgame.
The weapon I will never replace is the Inferno Fork. Every playthrough I take it and I put it in the customary second slot on my hotbar, where it comes out in triumph or to finish off bosses.

That thing is my baby.
Inferno Fork used to be my favourite weapon (hence the outdated avatar), but I've since ditched it in favour of the Nebula Arcanum.

Last edited:
Torches and glowsticks
After playing for a while you always have that one slot for a stack of torches or glowsticks but until you get a light pet that is pretty good (which is in hardmode since the shadow orb,crimson heart,and magic lantern only have 65% brightness and its not very good) but when I finally got the wisp in the bottle I ditched all my torches and glowsticks and replaced them with another weapon.

My nights edge i spent like 2 platinum making it a legendary one!
also Medusa's head, i spent 2 hours mob grinding for it. I found out how little damage it did and i was upset!

Possessed hatchet. That thing was my baby on my first play through... Then a paladin dropped the hammer

Back
Top Bottom