Items you thought you would never replace

Never expected the Terra Blade to be outclassed; but i guess it makes sense considering its tier. I use a star wrath now.

The Ivy Whip is another item I thought would be irreplaceable (Yes the Holiday Moons offered better hooks, but they were very rare drops so I only ever got them in 1 out of 10 playthroughs). The Worm Hook and Illuminant Hook took me to have a conversation and convinced me to use them instead of my legacy Ivy Whip. There's also the Thorn Hook which is the Ivy Whip's older brother, and the Lunar Hook which also replace these as well.

I thought I would always use a version of black dye for my characters. With the new special quest dye, that has changed.

Then my Celestial Stone which helped me a lot in 1.2 got easily replaced by the Celestial Shell. It may become my 3rd Permanent Accessory (4th in Corruption Worlds) By Permanent Accessory I mean an Accessory I use on every character no matter what I'm doing, no matter what class I am.

Rocket boots.

Yeah. Back before hardmode they ran off of mana, so with mana potions you could fly for so long....
Then they made them not run off of mana.
Then they added wings.

(Also waterbolt before hardmode came out.)

Then my Celestial Stone which helped me a lot in 1.2 got easily replaced by the Celestial Shell. It may become my 3rd Permanent Accessory (4th in Corruption Worlds) By Permanent Accessory I mean an Accessory I use on every character no matter what I'm doing, no matter what class I am.
You can put another celestial stone in there. It stacks with the shell.

I thought I'd forever have a Safe, Piggy Bank, and workbench on my inventory. Now my Safe is inside my Money Trough (which to be fair is just a much more convenient piggy bank, but still)

My first gem staff and Real Magic Weapon was an Emerald staff that took entirely too long to get the emeralds for, but I wasn't willing to settle for anything less. It was amazing. Moving light source, decent damage, hits two enemies, low mana cost, and a beautiful verdant color... It had everything.

Then I finally got enough meteorite for a space gun and meteor armor. After I upgraded to crimson armor I put it back in my hotbar, but that was the beginning of the end. I'm far into hardmode now and my poor Emerald Staff sits in a chest collecting dust. I think I need a wallmount for it, to honor its long and distinguished service.

Wings, and Reindeer Bells. Wings were pretty much a given until they told us that we cold attack on mounts in 1.3. Then it was going to be Reindeer Bells all the way.
Of course, they came out with infinite flight mounts, so poor Rudolph did not get to help me slay that night. Or any other night.

fetid baghnakhs. The dps is awesome, but as enemy damage rises, the range is too short

I actually still use these up into the Lunar Event-- they're extremely good against the Solar Pillar enemies if you have enough DPS boosts.

When I first began playing Terraria, I adopted a habit of collecting a stack of Mushrooms, Fallen Stars and Gel in my inventory, and selling or using them when the stack got full. My main character now plays on a post-Golem world with Lunar Event-level gear, and I still carry those items with me.

I also still have Torches in my hotbar and Wood in my inventory, in case I suddenly decide to do some cave exploration or building.

I'm going to echo a few opinions and say the Terra Blade. That weapon was the best to me for so long, and even when the Horseman Blade eventually became a thing, the Terra Blade still put up a great fight. Now that 1.3 is out, it just doesn't hold much to be desired anymore (even though there's an achievement for making it, and doing so can take quite some time). It's even received two buffs since 1.2, and still doesn't compete well with 1.3 weapons.

I actually suspected it would receive a HUGE buff once 1.3 released, as the blade has it's own achievement and pays homage to the game's name.

You will be missed, old friend.

Back
Top Bottom