Items you thought you would never replace

Fiery Greatsword back in 1.1, I never bothered with the Excalibur i just took my Fiery Greatsword, reforged it to legendary and had a few menacing accessories. I loved that weapon but when 1.2 arrived it was rendered useless against most of the new enemies ;(

It now sits in it's eternal place being slot 1 on my 1.1 character...

In mobile, the terrablade. I replaced it with the paladins hammer, and after recklessly dropping it in multiplayer, the horsemans blade.

My beloved Leaf Blower, Sent flying by the Laser Machinegun. wasnt to bad of a change, but a hero of mine who has helped with countless fishrons, events, and moar, has leaft me (pun intended) (why am i making puns here, its a sad moment :rolleyes:)

Terra blade and palidins hammer were my 1 and 2 now they are outclassed by all endgame melee

Wings for the UFO mount... Then i realised that i have fall damage (I always forgot it when i'm in end-game) and wear again wings

Terra Blade. Already have it replaced with Influx Waver until I get Meowmere and Star Wrath.

I still grab Terra Blade to this day; I usually make and use it before I fight any Martian Invasions even if the Waver is better.

But anyways...

Megashark, for one. I make it right after killing the first Mech, and I use it on Prime, Twins, Plantera, and the first few Golem kills and even sometimes I use it on Mothron. But after that, there's not much need for it, lol.

I thought I would never replace the Paladin's Hammer, took long enough to get...
But the Solar Eruption is just too awesome. It's the perfect weapon.

I thought I would never replace the Paladin's Hammer, took long enough to get...
But the Solar Eruption is just too awesome. It's the perfect weapon.

My only wish for the Solar Eruption, is that it wasn't so LOUD.

That constant WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH sound drowns out everything else in the game to where you can't hear anything, and it gets annoying and grating after awhile.

My only wish for the Solar Eruption, is that it wasn't so LOUD.

That constant WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH sound drowns out everything else in the game to where you can't hear anything, and it gets annoying and grating after awhile.
But you can actually hear when it hits something! What other weapon makes a sound of hitting a monster? I don't think any.

But you can actually hear when it hits something! What other weapon makes a sound of hitting a monster? I don't think any.

Eh, every weapon makes a sound when you hit a monster. lol.

I'm talking about the noise the Solar Eruption makes when you're just swinging it. Even if you don't hit anything. I wish they'd cut its volume by about half.

Ah the flailron...so OP for so long...
Then I got the terrarian.

I guess I could also put the rainbow gun here, since THAT got immediately replaced with the last prism as soon as I got one.

Marshmallows! I had to cleanse my entire snow biome then i got some BACON! I love that stuff.

Marshmallows! I had to cleanse my entire snow biome then i got some BACON! I love that stuff.
Pumpkin Pie lasts 50% longer (45 minutes) and can be obtained en masse before hardmode for basically no effort (apart from what, a couple gold coins?).

Honestly, I thought I'd be keeping the Magnet Sphere forever. Even with the slower movement speed, I didn't think differently about it.

But then I realized how powerful the Nebula Arcanum was. It was practically an upgrade minus the knockback: didn't dissipate upon contact with walls, dealt a much larger burst of damage, chased after enemies, and was faster. Once you've hid in a pit to maximize your chances of killing a Martian Saucer, and used them both, you realize that your Magnet Sphere simply can't compete.

Unfortunately... I think my Nebula Arcanum is well on it's way to being forgotten, thanks to the Last Prism. Every other magical weapon < Last Prism.

Actually, for that matter... I remember when the Rainbow Rod was the single most powerful magical weapon out there, and people shouted OP about it, just because with the right load out, one could do over 100 damage with it...

Daybreak, I was noob of 1.3 then until Moon Lord dropped Celebration.
like if u cri evrytiem boohoohoohoo

Back
Top Bottom