Items you thought you would never replace

Forgot about the Dao of Pow. Once the Flower Pow and Flarion came out, that was replaced.

Then my Wisp in a Bottle being replaced by the Suspicious Looking Tentacle which is the ultimate Light Pet.

One back in 1.2 was my Night's Edge getting replaced by the Frostbrand then later by the True Night's Edge/Terra Blade (I never beat the Mech Bosses legitimately back in 1.1 so I didn't get to use the Excalibur when it was the strongest Sword in the game)

Tizona was the best sword before 1.2, until many stronger swords where added in 1.2. and in 1.3 Tizona will be weaker than Excalibur.

Oh wait... Star Cannon. it was the best weapon before 1.2, dealing most damage out of all HM weapons. it dealt 60 damage, it's ammo was expensive but it could easily defeat all bosses. but now, no-one uses it.

Oh wait... Star Cannon. it was the best weapon before 1.2, dealing most damage out of all HM weapons. it dealt 60 damage, it's ammo was expensive but it could easily defeat all bosses. but now, no-one uses it.

They needed to give it like 50% chance of not consuming ammo or something...

How about the Coin Gun? It's pretty much the Star Cannon in every way except for the fact that it would take FOREVER to get. It's prohibitively expensive to fire, and completely outclassed by weapons introduced in the next version.

Fishron Wings. Once we got the Celestial Shell to provide even more boosts worth getting that underwater mobility, and the Lunar tier wings, I lay my old Fishron Wings to rest.

How about the Coin Gun? It's pretty much the Star Cannon in every way except for the fact that it would take FOREVER to get. It's prohibitively expensive to fire, and completely outclassed by weapons introduced in the next version.
Coin Gun is 1.2, Star Cannon was OP in 1.1. especially on console. (because of the Titan armor)
They needed to give it like 50% chance of not consuming ammo or something...
Titan armor did the trick.

Titan armor did the trick.

Yeah, but the time you get Titanium Armor, there are weapons that put out far more damage which are easier to manage, at least in 1.3. Now maybe early 1.2 when you didn't have a lot of options, it was still awesome, but nowadays I can't say that's the case.

Grab a Daedalus Stormbow if you're on the surface and just laugh at those puny bosses that die in seconds. Or even the age-old Megashark with Crystal Bullets (if using a ranged setup) will shred two of the bosses in no time flat.

Star Cannon is kinda a sad niche weapon that was once too powerful for its own good, and it received various heavy nerfs to its damage and now there are other weapons that put out better damage and are far less trouble to mess with.

Crystal storm is one that i never thought i could do a mage playthrough without. Then 1.3 came, and in my latest mage playthrough, i skipped making it entirely, because of the Crystal serpent.

Scourge of the Corruptor.
My most used and ultimate cave cleaner before 1.3 was replaced by Stardust dragon. Im still using it for other biome key AFK farming - just point it against wall and tape your mouse button for autofire. I still love those little hungry bodyguards :)

Lightning Boots. When i got them, i thought that it would be with me forever, considering how great it is. But than hardmode came and i had to throw them into my equipment stash for wings. It was so hard to leave them, though, because i had them from BOC to WOF. #Saddestmomentever

For me it was the super boots, i used them so much that taking them off and being slow on the ground felt like such a pain

But flying around is so fast now, so it doesn't matter as much, I can make room for another accessory and just have solar flare wings or vortex booster
The Fire Gauntlet was my prized possession... then I found the Summoner class.

I still use my boots sometimes, plus everyone else already listed them a few times.

Mushroom spear.... then Solar Eruption happened. Never looked back. Solar Eruption is my favorite weapon. It can tear through events.

Back
Top Bottom