Items you thought you would never replace

In pre hardmode, I never thought my dear Phoenix Blaster would get replaced in my favourites list by a more fun and useful weapon... (Paintball gun :confused:)

The Frostspark Boots and Ankh Shield tend to be replaced later on in the game by the Papyrus Scarab or Pygmy Necklace. But hey, I like having my friends, so.

The Frostspark Boots and Ankh Shield tend to be replaced later on in the game by the Papyrus Scarab or Pygmy Necklace. But hey, I like having my friends, so.

Those boots ain't coming off my feet until I get the UFO mount, lol. And even then I only use that while doing pillars/ML. Once I'm done, the boots are right back on.

The Ankh Shield is an item that never comes off, ever. Knockback is the one thing I cannot stand, and having immunity to most status effects is really nice, and the defense ain't bad either.

Then there came yoyos... (TERRARIAN FTW)

Terrarian might be awesome, but it's also a rare drop from the last boss, lol.

Surprisingly, the Terra Blade holds up reasonably well, at least until you destroy the Solar Pillar, lol. Depending on how much you doink around between your first Solar Eclipse and actually getting around to downing the pillars for the first time, it can last you a decent amount of time.

After actually using an Influx Waver for awhile, I'd have to say I still like the TB better.

Then there came yoyos... (TERRARIAN FTW)

Terrarian might be awesome, but it's also a rare drop from the last boss, lol.

Surprisingly, the Terra Blade holds up reasonably well, at least until you destroy the Solar Pillar, lol. Depending on how much you doink around between your first Solar Eclipse and actually getting around to downing the pillars for the first time, it can last you a decent amount of time.

After actually using an Influx Waver for awhile, I'd have to say I still like the TB better.
Actually.... I almost never use yoyos. I don't really like handling them.

Actually.... I almost never use yoyos. I don't really like handling them.

At first, I was very skeptical and I didn't like them much.

However, I did a yo-yo only playthrough and I do see some beauty in them, but yes, they are not my first choice of weapon, 'cept for certain situations.

I grab the Amarok and Yelets ASAP because, who doesn't? (also ToEC), but yet I also try for a Bladetongue ASAP if I'm in a Crimson World too.

I will say though that the EoC (I make an Amazon before fighting it LOL), and the Twins are easy bosses if you use a yo-yo. Plantera goes down easily with a Yelets (if I have a good enough setup, a Lihzarhd Temple with a long enough entrance hallway to spawn Lihzarhds outside the Temple, I'll actually instead farm Solar Eclipse for a Terra Blade instead).

But yeah, Yo-yos are... like a subweapon for me. I prefer swords, especially beam swords. At least until Solar Eruption.

Megashark and Demon Wings, with Vortex Beater and nearly any other wings, respectively. I loved flying around shouting "I AM SPARTA" while mowing down snowmen back on 360, but then I got PC and not long after was faced with the task of killing C'Thulhu's brother.

The Magical Harp
i rember back in 1.1 days this was the most op mage weapon in the game with its infinite pierce low mana cost and spammablity made it amazing. Then 1.2 came out and it was easily outclassed by many other weapons. i still hold a soft spot in my heart for the thing though.

Back
Top Bottom