Blocks & Decoration It's a Rock...

Ok, I was just looking at the nice picture of a floating island at the top of the forum page and thought "All stone is the same color and texture, we need more!". Seriously, all stone is a boring, common gray. Real stone has textures and colors far beyond this. Floating islands could use some special stone textures. Stone near lava or water could be different. There could be swirls, textures more solid, like granite, or broken apart, like shale. We could have different colors like tan or deeper grays and blacks or even red colors. It's really quite obvious once you notice it. It's a rock! (Do you know what that's from?)

I hope this isn't too outrageous or overly posted back on TO. Enjoy!:)

Last edited:
Na underground biomes is a very annoying minecraft mod.

It adds like 20 types of stone all randomly generated. (Good for decoration but bad for storage)

rock-large-rock-large.gif

I dunno... looks pretty similar to Terraria.
I'm ok with what we have now!
Image you were mining deep underground searching for ore, and you risk yourself just because some rock looked like ore

The problem with adding more stone types is obviously storage and clutter, but also needing an ebon, crim, and pearl versions. Three kinds of stone becomes 12 kinds. I would like more variation, though.. maybe if new stone types were immune, but only generated in small clumps? Maybe in those new mini biomes that we're getting.

I don't mean adding more types of stone. I mean making what stone looks like random. When picked up, all colors go back to normal and they go into the same stack. They're still plain old stone, just with random colors. When placed again, the color could generate randomly.

It can be done with adding color to stone upon generation using paint, but I am still against the idea because I don't want to be frustrated with stone looking like ore.

So, having rocks with different colors? Have you ever found ores in Terraria? There's your differently-colored rocks, right there. Heck, we can already create differently-colored bricks out of them, too!

10/10 of 10/10, would be redundant again, I redundantly would.

Back
Top Bottom