PC It's not funny anymore, Great Design is overpowered.

IS GREAT DESIGN OP?

• Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Mattix

Skeletron Prime
An item that takes ~20 gold to make, accessible after Dungeon.
Most importantly, it has infinite range and infinite light-making and cave discovering abilities!
I've added a picture to show how it makes light.
I assume it's only a thing to help with building, but it should be fixed.
It's too easy to just spend some gold you got out of a coin portal that dropped from a random pot in a cave and have an item that pretty much counts as cheating.

Have a nice day.

Attachments

• 20170209074223_1.jpg
    20170209074223_1.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 416
I personally see the light giving part as a bug, I don't think it was supposed that the 'cut lines' should bring light anyway.
and if it was supposed to be intended, then I find it an impractical use.

I don't think it's supposed to give light at all.
Makes the wires visible, okay, but not showing of impractical light.

Yes, it's overpowered. But then again, you have to deliberately build one, so not using one is as simple as not making one.

Of course for those builders who just want to get wiring done quick and easy, it's a blessed gift from their benevolent deity of choice.

You can always throw it in the trash if you don't like it. No one said you had to have one. But I don't believe you when you say its overpowered. It's not any more overpowered than getting free tools when you start a new character. Whats funny is that you keep making new threads about this.

But on the other hand if you get it nerfed I will just make a bunch of them with my endgame char and hand them out like candy.

I did always find the light making to be unusual. However, since I was already at endgame for normal and expert mode when the item was first introduced, I had the Solar Eruption for cave lighting, rendering the lighting effect of the Grand Design impractical.

I thought this was going to be about how the Grand Design trivializes Lihzahrd Temple traps, but a regular wire-cutter with smart cursor on trivializes all traps, so it doesn't really make a difference. Even a wire cutter without smart cursor can disable entire setups with a few tactically-placed snips.

Hm, for some reason I actually like the light generation. Why remove it?

Also, that thing isn't overpowered. It actually helps a damn lot to save inventory space.

Huh. That's pretty interesting. I mean, you can basically already do the same thing with Jester's Arrows to a degree, but it's still pretty interesting.

I would like to see it be less capable of mass disarming dungeon/temple traps, but that horse doesn't even have a skeleton left, so it's best to leave it be at this point.

Hm, for some reason I actually like the light generation. Why remove it?

Because it offers virtually unlimited sight through caves, at no cost, with no cooldown, as early as the Dungeon. Sure, its nice . . . anything that powerful is nice. But that was never intended as a feature on the item.

it is extremely helpful when making a large contraption as well as saving inventory space (as already mentioned) also the lighting has been fixed, happy now?

Back
Top Bottom