I've Been Playing This For Way Too Long

Menerick_

Official Terrarian
My profile picture says it all. Overall, I'd say I've racked up around 1,000 to 2,000 hours across all of my Terraria sessions ranging from the good ol' 2013 Xbox 360 days to the now recent 300 hours I've spent on the PS4 version these past few months; and when I'm not slogging away at the final Angler achievement I need to finally reach 100% completion, or getting steamrolled over by explosives & bouncy boulders in my """"No Traps"""" playthrough (said world I appropriately named "Red's After-Party"), I'm either memorizing the wiki (the official one, not that Fandom knock-off) or gunnin' it into a 4 hour LFG run through either VoTD or King's Fall rockin' my imaginary Disciple-Slayer title whilst raving like a lunatic to my fireteam about the power of friendship all the while! (If you know, you know.)

If you somehow couldn't tell already, I have a crippling addiction to this 2D masterpiece. Whenever I begin a fresh playthrough, if I see that it's 5:00PM on one glance, it's 2:00AM on the second. If I create a new character, I'm essentially resigning my sleep schedule to Red for the coming week, and I've come to accept that fact. I craft multiple Zeniths for fun, and my homes are built from luminite. When I meet people outside of Terraria who have so much as even remotely played it, I make it my life's goal to show off everything I've done in comparison to them, and I've yet to be bested in the measuring contest......

...Help me......

My profile picture says it all. Overall, I'd say I've racked up around 1,000 to 2,000 hours across all of my Terraria sessions ranging from the good ol' 2013 Xbox 360 days to the now recent 300 hours I've spent on the PS4 version these past few months; and when I'm not slogging away at the final Angler achievement I need to finally reach 100% completion, or getting steamrolled over by explosives & bouncy boulders in my """"No Traps"""" playthrough (said world I appropriately named "Red's After-Party"), I'm either memorizing the wiki (the official one, not that Fandom knock-off) or gunnin' it into a 4 hour LFG run through either VoTD or King's Fall rockin' my imaginary Disciple-Slayer title whilst raving like a lunatic to my fireteam about the power of friendship all the while! (If you know, you know.)

If you somehow couldn't tell already, I have a crippling addiction to this 2D masterpiece. Whenever I begin a fresh playthrough, if I see that it's 5:00PM on one glance, it's 2:00AM on the second. If I create a new character, I'm essentially resigning my sleep schedule to Red for the coming week, and I've come to accept that fact. I craft multiple Zeniths for fun, and my homes are built from luminite. When I meet people outside of Terraria who have so much as even remotely played it, I make it my life's goal to show off everything I've done in comparison to them, and I've yet to be bested in the measuring contest......

...Help me......
I know the feeling I got like 8000 hours on record for my Steam version, and Im pretty sure I've probably spend 1 to 2 thousand hours on consoles , I think I got a Terraria addiction too, Ive beaten Classic/Normal Mode, Journey Mode, killed all the bosses, made the Zenith, the Cell Phone and Shell Phone, the Terra Blade, and the Terra Spark Boots, oh and the Ankh Shield.

I know the feeling I got like 8000 hours on record for my Steam version, and Im pretty sure I've probably spend 1 to 2 thousand hours on consoles , I think I got a Terraria addiction too, Ive beaten Classic/Normal Mode, Journey Mode, killed all the bosses, made the Zenith, the Cell Phone and Shell Phone, the Terra Blade, and the Terra Spark Boots, oh and the Ankh Shield.
I don't think beating Journey Mode is something you ought to be boasting about; I've only ever ran it once just so I could have a world to properly test out different things without completely annihilating my regular worlds in the process.

As for everything else, I got all of the Master relics for each of the bosses, and I've crafted those accessories multiple times over throughout each of my playthroughs; all of them except for the Shellphone: I've only ever crafted one, and I'm never going for that Fish Finder ever again on a fresh run, because all told? Fishing is my least favorite thing to do in Terraria. There's absolutely nothing dynamic to it, and you're essentially just sitting in front of a slot machine for hours on end trying to get the right drop, whereas with regular enemy grinding, you at least have room to maneuver, so it doesn't feel as static.

Speaking of which, I also got 100% completion on the Bestiary, and after having experienced the gold standard for any new secret seed that is to be publicly implemented, I completely understand why Re-Logic tends not to develop all that many, cause oh boy that must be a headache and a half, and I don't even want to know how many hours were put into playtesting the Get Fixed Boi seed...

I don't think beating Journey Mode is something you ought to be boasting about; I've only ever ran it once just so I could have a world to properly test out different things without completely annihilating my regular worlds in the process.

As for everything else, I got all of the Master relics for each of the bosses, and I've crafted those accessories multiple times over throughout each of my playthroughs; all of them except for the Shellphone: I've only ever crafted one, and I'm never going for that Fish Finder ever again on a fresh run, because all told? Fishing is my least favorite thing to do in Terraria. There's absolutely nothing dynamic to it, and you're essentially just sitting in front of a slot machine for hours on end trying to get the right drop, whereas with regular enemy grinding, you at least have room to maneuver, so it doesn't feel as static.

Speaking of which, I also got 100% completion on the Bestiary, and after having experienced the gold standard for any new secret seed that is to be publicly implemented, I completely understand why Re-Logic tends not to develop all that many, cause oh boy that must be a headache and a half, and I don't even want to know how many hours were put into playtesting the Get Fixed Boi seed...
Well, thats true, although I am a VERY casual player, I have beaten it out of Journey but only on Normal/Classic I'm not that good, unfortunately, but hey well done to you on completing Master Mode and getting all the accessories and relics and all that jazz, I dont mind fishing its kinda relaxing when I dont fancy fighting or building, but I respect your opinion on it, as for the seeds, very well done for completing them too, and yes it must have been took them a lot of time and effort playing the seeds especially the getfixedboi seed. Maybe I should try and do a playthrough of the other difficulties on a NON-Journey Mode character and worlds when I feel like it. I take it you also got all the achievements too then, yeah?

Well, thats true, although I am a VERY casual player, I have beaten it out of Journey but only on Normal/Classic I'm not that good, unfortunately, but hey well done to you on completing Master Mode and getting all the accessories and relics and all that jazz, I dont mind fishing its kinda relaxing when I dont fancy fighting or building, but I respect your opinion on it, as for the seeds, very well done for completing them too, and yes it must have been took them a lot of time and effort playing the seeds especially the getfixedboi seed. Maybe I should try and do a playthrough of the other difficulties on a NON-Journey Mode character and worlds when I feel like it. I take it you also got all the achievements too then, yeah?
All except the final Angler achievement requiring you to complete 200 quests. Slowly sloggin' through it, but I've completed every other one.

Also, if you've never played outside of Journey before, then you haven't had the true Terraria experience. I implore you to revel in the grind!

All except the final Angler achievement requiring you to complete 200 quests. Slowly sloggin' through it, but I've completed every other one.

Also, if you've never played outside of Journey before, then you haven't had the true Terraria experience. I implore you to revel in the grind!
Fair enough, and Ive played out of Journey on PC, I used to play Normal and Expert same on console, I have legit beaten Normal on console, but only got to about Skeletron on Expert, and dont worry I dont mind a bit of grinding the joy of finally getting the item youve spent time grinding and wait for is worth it in the end.

This is my playtime since Oct 01 (4 months)
136.6 hours
Bild_2023-01-29_214734611.png

Back
Top Bottom