I've Saved Your Jungle, Everyone (Some of it)

Note: This also works for all other versions of the game, not just PC. If an admin could move this elsewhere, that would be much appreciated.

I have a simple solution. Everyone hates the crimson/corruption messing with the jungle, right? Well, I have a simple solution. It will not save everything, but it will save some things. It won't save, say, the underground jungle.

Build a jungle biome in space. That's it. The corruption/crimson/hallow can't get to it, and jungle things will still spawn up there.

Good day!
~AngelMiner12

This only works for surface jungle related stuff. It won't solve the issue with the underground Jungle being ruined.

The real solution is blue mushroom. It doesn't convert, so it can't spread the hallow to any jungle beyond it. Just convert your jungle on the corruption side to blue mushroom and worry no longer. With that said, if you can't get a clent before the corruption eats your jungle, keep in mind that once you eventually do, you can convert any underground mushroom biomes to little demi jungles as needed.

Um correct me if i am wrong but as far as i knew Hallow doesn't convert mud at all.
Hallow converts.

The real solution is blue mushroom. It doesn't convert, so it can't spread the hallow to any jungle beyond it. Just convert your jungle on the corruption side to blue mushroom and worry no longer. With that said, if you can't get a clent before the corruption eats your jungle, keep in mind that once you eventually do, you can convert any underground mushroom biomes to little demi jungles as needed.

That's smart. I didn't think of that!

on the topic of preserving not only the jungle, but your entire world, i suggest a series of hellivators (and sideways shafts if you're feeling ambitious). this will completely contain the corruption/crimson/hallow to certain segments of your world, and if/when you get the clentaminator, it makes the cleansing process that much easier. note, though, that this takes a LOT of time and may not be worth it if you don't want to tear up your world

on the topic of preserving not only the jungle, but your entire world, i suggest a series of hellivators (and sideways shafts if you're feeling ambitious). this will completely contain the corruption/crimson/hallow to certain segments of your world, and if/when you get the clentaminator, it makes the cleansing process that much easier. note, though, that this takes a LOT of time and may not be worth it if you don't want to tear up your world

Yeah, that's what I did. I would like to find an easier solution, though.
[doublepost=1464546782,1464546662][/doublepost]
eeeehhhhmmm am i getting old? because i read it on the wiki (may be different since 1.3.1) that hallow doesn't spread.

I don't think it does unless something was just changed in the latest update

Due to the fact that so many of you don't think the Hallow spreads, I just checked. It does. http://terraria.wiki.gg/The_Hallow
[doublepost=1464547019][/doublepost]

I just looked. You are right to some level. the mushroom grass blocks themselves do not corrupt, but the mud within it does. And you have to have a 3-block seperation between the corruption/crimson and corruptable(?) blocks for it to not spread. So... I wish it worked, but it doesn't really.

Yeah, that's what I did. I would like to find an easier solution, though.
[doublepost=1464546782,1464546662][/doublepost]

Due to the fact that so many of you don't think the Hallow spreads, I just checked. It does. http://terraria.wiki.gg/The_Hallow
[doublepost=1464547019][/doublepost]

I just looked. You are right to some level. the mushroom grass blocks themselves do not corrupt, but the mud within it does. And you have to have a 3-block seperation between the corruption/crimson and corruptable(?) blocks for it to not spread. So... I wish it worked, but it doesn't really.

Oh my lord you just used that gamepedia to say it does corrupt the jungle. Said page says it doesn't Corrupt Mud Blocks.

http://prntscr.com/b9z13r

Oh my lord you just used that gamepedia to say it does corrupt the jungle. Said page says it doesn't Corrupt Mud Blocks.
Hmm... *checks wiki more thoroughly* Om my goodness... That was stupid. You're absolutely right. However, the fact remains that the Hallow does spread, and the Corruption and Crimson corrupt mud. I only looked at the 'spreading' section, and I usually don't read things very thoroughly. Sorry!

That doesn't remove the problem though. (At least, not entirely.)

Hmm... *checks wiki more thoroughly* Om my goodness... That was stupid. You're absolutely right. However, the fact remains that the Hallow does spread, and the Corruption and Crimson corrupt mud. I only looked at the 'spreading' section, and I usually don't read things very thoroughly. Sorry!

That doesn't remove the problem though. (At least, not entirely.)

No worries ^^. I think if you were to seed Hallow near the jungle you'd be golden as Hallow cannot purify Corruption/crimson and vice versa

Hallow doesn't spread through the jungle, mud blocks do not convert unless accompanied by jungle grass. A Clentaminator will make a zon of blue mushroom far too thick for Conversion to jump across. In a pinch, you can always defoliate areas of your jungle with lava or manually, though small nodes of grass may remain inside the walls.

Codewise, I suspect conversion of jungle and growth of Chlorophyte share some parameters.

It's much easier to just dig out 3-wide tunnels on either side of the jungle (and beneath if you want to be extra safe). Then you've got your underground jungle, and the Corruption can't touch it.

This is very simple to manage with drill containment unit but by the time you obtain it the jungle may be gone

Unless you have one from a completed world.
Some people call taking end game mining equipment into a new world cheating. I call it efficiency:

Also,while the hollow itself cannot convert mud, blue solution can. So you can't use the clenitator to remove corruption from a jungle, leaving the jungle untouched and a uncorruptible hallow barrier in its place.

The last update said they boosted the power of chlorophyte to hold back corruption, has anyone experienced whether this made a difference yet? That could only help the underground jungle of course, but that's really the important part.

Back
Top Bottom