tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here I go. Three for a start:

Farmer Npc
Gives quests asking for usually renewable plants such as but not limited to: wood (all types), mushrooms (all), pumpkins, cactus, sunflowers, blueberries, yellow marigold, orange bloodroot, skyblue flower, spores, vines, life fruits and alchemical plants.

The rewards for bringing him the items he requests should probably be: herb bags, staff of regrowth, various axes, clay pots, the guide book to get vine ropes as well as experience and money.

Miner/Treasure Hunter Npc
Gives quests related to underground treasures such as: metal ores, gems, chests, angel statues, items within chests such as flare guns or Boomsticks.

His rewards should be money and experience at first and soon after some tools such as glappling hook, spelunker potions, shine potions, pickaxes and rarely handful of gems.

Huntress/Bounty Hunter Npc
Gives requests regarding the subjugation of monsters or collection of quantities of monster drops.

Rewards can vary between ranged weapons and ammo, potions, food, or rarer materials.

Decided to write a few more:

Artisan Npc
Gives out quests in which the player must craft an item to complete, such as chairs, tables, pianos, bookcases, beds, bottles, vases, etc...

Rewards are mostly money and low ammounts of exp, but rarely some hard to get furniture or unique crafting stations.

Blacksmith Npc
Gives quests in which you must craft him weapons or tools in exchange for large quantities of money or a variety of metals.

Tailor Npc
Gives requests for armor pieces and vanity pieces which the player must craft or otherwise obtain.

Last edited:
If you sprite some NPCs i could add them to the mod. I did struggle with the scout's sprite and he is actually simple.
More complex NPC sprites would probably take a lot of time for me.

Cool! I always love seeing new RPG mods. I hope you do well with yours!

Having said that, may I ask what the max level is? Is it capped at 99/100, or is it nigh-infinite?

EDIT:
After some quick testing, it does go past 100. Way past. I'm not sure how high exactly, but a word of warning; High levels have increasingly high HP and MP values, so high that the integer overflows and becomes negative, either keeping you at one hit to death permanently, or making it impossible to cast. You might want to cap HP and MP somewhere before 2,147,483,588.

Last edited:
Cool! I always love seeing new RPG mods. I hope you do well with yours!

Having said that, may I ask what the max level is? Is it capped at 99/100, or is it nigh-infinite?

It's only limited by hardware.
The current limit is about way over 800 levels. If your level is to high you will need a negative amount of XP to reach the next level. Which may instantly level you up again.

Well. Wierd tihs happens when your level is too high.

It's only limited by hardware.
The current limit is about way over 800 levels. If your level is to high you will need a negative amount of XP to reach the next level. Which may instantly level you up again.

Well. Wierd tihs happens when your level is too high.

While it is an issue, it's not something that needs an immediate fix even though it is gamebreaking. It would theoretically take weeks, if not months to get to a high enough level for that to start being a problem.

Otherwise, this seems to be fairly balanced (early game) with the way Terraria naturally feels. Good work on that. My only suggestion is to add an EXP Bar/Counter for the next level, and/or some way to see how much EXP you just earned from a kill.

My only suggestion is to add an EXP Bar/Counter for the next level, and/or some way to see how much EXP you just earned from a kill.

I would very much like this. Also Ivysaur, this mod is fantastic, it really is. I love the simplicity of it. If I ever pick up spriting or get a chance to properly learn how to I'll let you know. For now all I can give is suggestions.

What is the recipe for the class items? I started a new character and I did not get the 5 initial ones.

Also: I feel like the ranger class is lackluster. Perhaps give bows +arrow velocity/less gravity and extra arrow knockback, and guns get some armor penetration? Show your elf wannabes some love!

On that same note: A warrior who cant reach there enemies is a useless melee'er. Perhaps +jump height/speed/movement bonus to them? Though a tiny one - not enough to take damage from your own jumping at least.

I feel like ninja should get some kinda stealth bonus shenanigans.... Or a stealth mechanic in and of itself like the shroomite/vortex armor instead of all those random bonuses. Stealth gives damage/crit anyway.

What is the recipe for the class items? I started a new character and I did not get the 5 initial ones.

Also: I feel like the ranger class is lackluster. Perhaps give bows +arrow velocity/less gravity and extra arrow knockback, and guns get some armor penetration? Show your elf wannabes some love!
Yeah i think i should really add one or two more stats for archer mage and summoner.

Someone have an idea what i can give the mage and summoner ?

Hm... well for summoner: Is there any way to give the minions +movement?... That would be fairly unique. A haste effect on a stardust dragon or the spiked ball things would be hilarious. Or perhaps make it so enemies are less likely to attack the summoner (Though thats a bit useless unless your in multiplayer).

As for the mage: As it levels, give it extra on-hit effects on spells? Early on, fire, later frostburn, then shadowburn late game? Or perhaps the spectre armor (offensive) set bonus that scales with level, % of damage done to initial target in a splash around it?

And ranger/archer - ARROW VELOCITY SPEED and less arcing would be a godsend, as guns -completely- outshine bows due to that issue alone. And giving them +knockback would be icing on the cake to make up for there (usually) slower rates of fire, whereas armor pen for guns makes the most, logical sense. Perhaps arrows = bleed debuff like you have now, but guns = armor debuff like ichorium flasks/etc? Like your blasting off chunks of armor/shell? To make the two ranged playstyles shine as there own thing.

On that same note: A warrior who cant reach there enemies is a useless melee'er. Perhaps +jump height/speed/movement bonus to them? Though a tiny one - not enough to take damage from your own jumping at least.

I feel like ninja should get some kinda stealth bonus shenanigans.... Or a stealth mechanic in and of itself like the shroomite/vortex armor instead of all those random bonuses. Stealth gives damage/crit anyway.
Forgot to say, each token is crafted with 1 wood, no workbench.

Mana Regen
Health Regen
Knockback
Minion Crit (currently unable to crit in vanilla)
Extra % Resistance
Attack Speed
Specific debuff inmunity

Im actually surprised the only one with +Knockback is Summoner... Its usually melee.

Last edited:
Just to look out for small tweaks here's a misspelled word here. 'Bye' needs to be 'By'. I'll edit my post if I ever find small things.
In the next quest 'Purple' needs to be 'purple'.
Here it should be "You think I look Chinese because of my HAT?".
(I hope you understand I'm not ragging on you, just looking out for you. :happy:)

Another edit: There's a couple in this one. "Trust me. If you find a blue mushroom with brown dots, then you should definitely not eat it" should be "Trust me, if you find a blue mushroom with brown dots then you should definitely not eat it."
"Sideeffects include nausea,weak bowel,sore butt,glowig spots on skin and doing hobbies in your sleep" should be "Side effects include nausea, weak bowels, sore butt, glowing spots on your skin and doing hobbies in your sleep." (Just a few missed spaces and a couple of misspelled words.)

Last edited:
Just to look out for small tweaks here's a misspelled word here. 'Bye' needs to be 'By'. I'll edit my post if I ever find small things.
In the next quest 'Purple' needs to be 'purple'.
Here it should be 'i' to 'I'.
(I hope you understand I'm not ragging on you, just looking out for you. :happy:)
I have some weakspots, when it comes to grammar, i'll greatly appreciate it, if you could expose my mistakes and explain it a bit. :D

What is the math behind the bleed/proc chance for rangers? Im playing one right now, level 25, and the only dot ive managed to proc on any hit is fire from arrows. Maybe my bow doesn't do enough damage? Its 23 + 8 from arrows. So far the hp/level is going fine, as is the +% damage. No change in crit chance yet that I can notice.

Lame... my level reset and Terraria didn't crash or anything. I was level 23 :sigh:

Edit: Or maybe it didn't? I just turned level 3 but it says I need 660 xp to my next level and I know that's way higher than level 4, lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom