tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nqb5nn.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/nqb5nn.jpg

Take 2: Straw Hat, Bushier Beard and Wheat

All sprites are made 2x2 pixels, so resizing it will just give you problems when you start spriting yourself... I can take a screenshot of it zoomed in on my paint tool though if that helps.

Hidden due to size.

fu3uz8.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/fu3uz8.png

Last edited:
Kind of, but not everything.

See that buttom that says Brushes? It allows painting with a color while mixing that color with that of its surroundings. Its what i used for the beard and straw hat. Those lines in the hat? They were pure black before using the brush over it with yellow.

Finer details such as the clothes and the hoe did require pixel by pixel painting with the Pencil.

To add more tones and color variations, I first painted the base color (ex: Red Beard) then slowly made the color darker in the Edit Color button to add depth.

Of course, Ms Paint is quite a crude program to use, but Ive no other painting program at present, `:p

Kind of, but not everything.

See that buttom that says Brushes? It allows painting with a color while mixing that color with that of its surroundings. Its what i used for the beard and straw hat.

Finer details such as the clothes and the hoe did require pixel by pixel painting with the Pencil.

To add more tones and color variations, I first painted the base color (ex: Red Beard) then slowly made the color darker in the Edit Color button to add depth.

Of course, Ms Paint is quite a crude program to use, but Ive no other painting program at present, `:p
I see this is already troublesome, I'm trying my best to draw right now but how many pixels do you think does a staff weap would take? (dimensions)

Personally, I drag images into the Paint Program to load them in. Then I crop the item I want and delete the rest. Place the cropped item where you want it and draw over or next to it.

23it3pd.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/23it3pd.jpg

Miner/Treasure Hunter NPC

Looks more like a treasure fanatic adventurer of some sort, but Oh well!

Spent some trouble on that backpack with map/scroll coming out of it. This one's a resprite of the Demolitionist in case it wasn't obvious.

Your best bet would be to get a sprite sheet of weapons and copy/paste a staff of approximate size next to the area you wish to create your own.

http://i.imgur.com/DaAN8e0.png

Here's a weapons Sprite Sheet.
Screenshot_6.png
Woots I'm bad at this -_-;(. any ways on how can I improve this even more?
[doublepost=1465353485,1465353400][/doublepost]
Personally, I drag images into the Paint Program to load them in. Then I crop the item I want and delete the rest. Place the cropped item where you want it and draw over or next to it.

23it3pd.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/23it3pd.jpg

Miner/Treasure Hunter NPC

Looks more like a treasure fanatic adventurer of some sort, but Oh well!

Spent some trouble on that backpack with map/scroll coming out of it. This one's a resprite of the Demolitionist in case it wasn't obvious.
woah that'd be awesome quests exchange of may xp->ores/gems? gems/ores->xp?

Is that a sword? If so, remember that weapons of the same type must be sprited in the same direction. For swords it's:

Inclined Diagonally
Left to Right
Down to Up

Ah, sorry. Its styled like an ankh then?

The reason i thought sword is because it looked like a hilt.

Yes, it needa to be inclined that way as well, otherwise coding it as a weapon is quite hard. The exception are books and things you Dont want the player to swing such as the magic mirror and cellphone.

Something else to work on is with the shadows. The color is plain with only some extra color that seem more related to design of the weapon rather than shadows.

The thread i wrote previously mentions this and gives various examples.

I wonder if Ivysaur's here yet... I need him ti tell me anything i need to change in the npcs before creating the movement sprites...

I wonder if Ivysaur's here yet... I need him ti tell me anything i need to change in the npcs before creating the movement sprites...
damn animating them already:eek: gimme me your skills pls
[doublepost=1465358180,1465358032][/doublepost]Also practicing respriting this
Thunder Staff.png
<-finished product (I hope...) What do you think about it? :sigh:

The design is cool, but should be thicker as only being one thick makes it seem too fragile and wont be very visible...

Make the inside of the staff at minimum 2 thick to avoid that.

While the upper portion also suffers from that, the aura mitigates the effect, so you could leave it as such.

The connector between the stick and the upper design is the main problem though... its way too squared!

Ps- by animating I just mean make the different versions of the sprite's legs and arms moving. Small changes in each sprite, but 16+ in total (exclusing attack or sitting animations)

The design is cool, but should be thicker as only being one thick makes it seem too fragile and wont be very visible...

Make the inside of the staff at minimum 2 thick to avoid that.

While the upper portion also suffers from that, the aura mitigates the effect, so you could leave it as such.

The connector between the stick and the upper design is the main problem though... its way too squared!

Ps- by animating I just mean make the different versions of the sprite's legs and arms moving. Small changes in each sprite, but 16+ in total (exclusing attack or sitting animations)
I'll improve that later with your suggestion :sigh:for now this.
Screenshot_7.png
Dissonance of The Night
Idk how to shade the notes (tell how and I will) also harp is just resprited might do something new later

Back
Top Bottom