tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lame... my level reset and Terraria didn't crash or anything. I was level 23 :sigh:

Edit: Or maybe it didn't? I just turned level 3 but it says I need 660 xp to my next level and I know that's way higher than level 4, lol.

What did you exactly do, before saving the game?
[doublepost=1465186967,1465186825][/doublepost]
What is the math behind the bleed/proc chance for rangers? Im playing one right now, level 25, and the only dot ive managed to proc on any hit is fire from arrows. Maybe my bow doesn't do enough damage? Its 23 + 8 from arrows. So far the hp/level is going fine, as is the +% damage. No change in crit chance yet that I can notice.
If you're interested, the code to add bleed looks like this :
Code:
public override void OnHitNPCWithProj(Projectile proj, NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit)
        {
            if (!target.boss)
            {
                if (Class == 2 && proj.ranged && proj.arrow)
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(30) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level))
                    {
                        target.AddBuff(Buffs.RangedBleeding.BuffID, (int)(Stats[16]), true);
                        knockback = knockback * 1.3f;
                    }
                }
                else if (Class == 2 && proj.ranged && !proj.arrow)
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(60) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level))
                    {
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(30) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level/2))
                    {
                    }
                }
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(60) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level/2))
                    {
                    }
                }
            }
        }

The bleeding itself though needs more effects to make it look like bleeding. Yet, the enemy just loses HP. No particles that indicate blood.
[doublepost=1465187122][/doublepost]
What did you exactly do, before saving the game?
[doublepost=1465186967,1465186825][/doublepost]
If you're interested, the code to add bleed looks like this :
Code:
public override void OnHitNPCWithProj(Projectile proj, NPC target, int damage, float knockback, bool crit)
        {
            if (!target.boss)
            {
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(30) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level))
                    {
                    }
                }
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(60) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level))
                    {
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(30) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level/2))
                    {
                    }
                }
                {
                    if (Main.rand.Next(60) < Math.Sqrt((float)Level/2))
                    {
                    }
                }
            }
        }

The bleeding itself though needs more effects to make it look like bleeding. Yet, the enemy just loses HP. No particles that indicate blood.

ah i see, back then i saved the ID off the buff inside the class, because i didn't know how to use ModBuffIDs. Maybe that's what causes the wrong buff to be applied.
It's wierd though, since it worked for me when i tested it.

So I brainstormed a little bit sub classes so I thought that for example if you chose the path of a mage you can pick out different attribute once u lvl up (Dark, Light, Nature, Fire, Water so on and so forth.) So let's say that once you get lvl 20 u can choose your subclass which may be these 3 choices (For mage.) 1.Archmage (will focus usually staves and charms which I'll explain later) 2. Bard/Healer (Obviously there are no healing items in your mod but this mainly for multiplayer purposes but if ever adding accessories and weapons will help each classes maybe let us say u can get this from completing a quest from future npcs)
3.Spellcaster (I'm not really sure what a spellcaster can do, but maybe they can be acquired only if you chose Dark Element, so I would say taboo magic?) That's all for now. also I'm so sorry for the bad formatting `:confused:. I'm really new to the forum if ever I still need to improve`:sigh:.

So I brainstormed a little bit sub classes so I thought that for example if you chose the path of a mage you can pick out different attribute once u lvl up (Dark, Light, Nature, Fire, Water so on and so forth.) So let's say that once you get lvl 20 u can choose your subclass which may be these 3 choices (For mage.) 1.Archmage (will focus usually staves and charms which I'll explain later) 2. Bard/Healer (Obviously there are no healing items in your mod but this mainly for multiplayer purposes but if ever adding accessories and weapons will help each classes maybe let us say u can get this from completing a quest from future npcs)
3.Spellcaster (I'm not really sure what a spellcaster can do, but maybe they can be acquired only if you chose Dark Element, so I would say taboo magic?) That's all for now. also I'm so sorry for the bad formatting `:confused:. I'm really new to the forum if ever I still need to improve`:sigh:.

In case he doesn't go that route I thought I'd let you know that I'm currently pairing this mod with @Hiccup251's Class Based RPG Mod. The two go fantastic together. The way that the two mods mesh was explained well from @NeoPhantom "One doing some general class paths the other vast quantities of class specializations. One doing doing exp and level up bonuses, the other boss conquest and proggression bonuses. One doing quests and npcs, the other doing unique special abilities." They basically cover all of the things you would want in an RPG mod.
[doublepost=1465194256,1465194035][/doublepost]
I'm so sorry for the bad formatting `:confused:. I'm really new to the forum if ever I still need to improve`:sigh:.
I am as well! Welcome to the forums! I joined maybe a week and a half ago. You'll get the hang of things. I slowly am.

Last edited:
Not all the things...

Still hoping that N-Terraria's Party system is reproduced for T-Mod Loader at some point in the future in some way. Being able to adventure with a party of five with different classes, skills and items would be awesome.

They basically cover all of the things you would want in an RPG mod.
TY for the reply although i'm not sure if I'm gonna use that mod.`:sigh: maybe when ivysaur just decides to make it stay like this but I'll definitely keep watching this mod grow and I'll keep posting my ridiculous suggestions. get ready ivy`:rolleyes::golem::golem:

I just realised that the game won't let me have a mana capacity higher than 400, So looks like that's the limit. The summoner will have a limit of 300.
Because of that nerf, i'll add new stats as soon as possible.

TY for the reply although i'm not sure if I'm gonna use that mod.`:sigh: maybe when ivysaur just decides to make it stay like this but I'll definitely keep watching this mod grow and I'll keep posting my ridiculous suggestions. get ready ivy`:rolleyes::golem::golem:
Well, we can always ask! @Ivysaur, do you have any plans that may cause compatibility issues with this mod in the future? I really enjoy playing with these mods together, I feel that they compliment each other really well.

Edit: Just noticed that you want to add subclasses. We'll honestly just have to see how things play out, I think it'll be fine though.

I just realised that the game won't let me have a mana capacity higher than 400, So looks like that's the limit. The summoner will have a limit of 300.
Because of that nerf, i'll add new stats as soon as possible.

I believe ive seen mods in which max mana is much higher than that... perhaps you can ask them?

Alright after a few leveling of several characters.. When you re-level its assigning different stats.. Currently on my summoner chara which yes i've got two other mods related to damage but i've been checking the numbers i'm 99% postive it isn't them. When i regain the 314 levels i currently have by switching worlds my damage went from 23233 to 3282 now i'm sure the first one might of been some glitch but i think your re-leveling is broken because these numbers go back and forth over and over every time i re-level and it gets worse the higher the level.

Alright after a few leveling of several characters.. When you re-level its assigning different stats.. Currently on my summoner chara which yes i've got two other mods related to damage but i've been checking the numbers i'm 99% postive it isn't them. When i regain the 314 levels i currently have by switching worlds my damage went from 23233 to 3282 now i'm sure the first one might of been some glitch but i think your re-leveling is broken because these numbers go back and forth over and over every time i re-level and it gets worse the higher the level.
The Stats are actually fixed. What other mods are you using?

The Stats are actually fixed. What other mods are you using?
It may just be I've not updated my game i'll try that in a bit

EDIT:

after updating i got back all 740 levels (thought i'd be loosing some) so yeah thanks lol.

FURTHER EDIT...

are levels set to worlds.. coz i just switched worlds and went to 390..?

Last edited:
It may just be I've not updated my game i'll try that in a bit

EDIT:

after updating i got back all 740 levels (thought i'd be loosing some) so yeah thanks lol.

FURTHER EDIT...

are levels set to worlds.. coz i just switched worlds and went to 390..?
Yes, forgot to say. levels are added to the world, not the character

b54cc0.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/b54cc0.jpg

Here's my attempt at a Farmer NPC

He's a resprited clothier though...

Woah awesome:passionate:
All you need to change is the hair type and clothes other than that it's good:cool:
Just how do you sprite anyways? can you actually teach me?:eek:

I tried giving him red bushy hair and work overalls clothing, but i guess the mixture of the two was a bit wrong... any suggestions that i can work with?

This is my first sprite EVER you know... all I did was take the clothier sprite and paint over it as I wanted, you know using him as a basis.

I can direct you to a guide I read though:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/beginner-spriting-guide.372/

I tried giving him red bushy hair and work overalls clothing, but i guess the mixture of the two was a bit wrong... any suggestions that i can work with?

This is my first sprite EVER you know... all I did was take the clothier sprite and paint over it as I wanted, you know using him as a basis.

I can direct you to a guide I read though:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/beginner-spriting-guide.372/
if ever a more thicker beard will suffice his face, maybe give him a straw hat and a wheat that he will be biting on. also ty for the guide

Back
Top Bottom