Sprites Izzabelle's Alternates

I wish more alternates were added to the game. It would add a ton of customization options and replay value I feel. All of these ideas are extremely well designed and developed. Good Job!

Hmmm, let's see if I can get all the references...

Silkworm - Silky
Birther - Xenomorph eggs, Alien
Sandworm - Graboids, Tremors
Heart Burster - Chestburster, Alien
Symbiote - Venom, Marvel Comics
Treant - Ents, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Bandit - Tanuki Mario, Super Mario
Eldest Wand - Elder Wand, Harry Potter
Trance Rabbit - Vorpal Bunny, Final Fantasy
Frog Prince - Well... The Frog Prince
Cheshire - Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland
Other Plumber's Clothes - Luigi, Super Mario
River Basilisk - Basilisk, Harry Potter
Mana The Gathering - Magic The Gathering
Ghosts! - Ghosts, Pac-Man
Fates - Gambit, Marvel Comics
Hunter Pelt - Van Pelt, Jumanji
Snake Eater Clothes - Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid
Wind Crystal - Plumbob, The Sims
Slicing Fan - Kitana, Mortal Kombat
Viper, Apex - Predator
Indominus - Indominus Rex, Jurassic World

Hmmm, let's see if I can get all the references...

Silkworm - Silky
Birther - Xenomorph eggs, Alien
Sandworm - Graboids, Tremors
Heart Burster - Chestburster, Alien
Symbiote - Venom, Marvel Comics
Treant - Ents, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Bandit - Tanuki Mario, Super Mario
Eldest Wand - Elder Wand, Harry Potter
Trance Rabbit - Vorpal Bunny, Final Fantasy
Frog Prince - Well... The Frog Prince
Cheshire - Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland
Other Plumber's Clothes - Luigi, Super Mario
River Basilisk - Basilisk, Harry Potter
Mana The Gathering - Magic The Gathering
Ghosts! - Ghosts, Pac-Man
Fates - Gambit, Marvel Comics
Hunter Pelt - Van Pelt, Jumanji
Snake Eater Clothes - Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid
Wind Crystal - Plumbob, The Sims
Slicing Fan - Kitana, Mortal Kombat
Viper, Apex - Predator
Indominus - Indominus Rex, Jurassic World
I would say you've gotten... 1/4th of them lol, but good job!

Some clarifications though, Treants and Basilisks are just generally based on those creatures of myth; not necessarily from pop culture that has also used them. :dryadsmile:

Oh, I see. I just thought they referenced LotF and HP respectively since they look similar to the Ents and Basilisk lol.

Will the toad caves be getting toad furniture as an alt for the new spider furniture coming out with 1.4 any time soon? And will the Infestation, Whimsy, and Glade get alts for their respective new furnitures? (Corrupt/crystal)
I ask because some of my favorite stuff you’ve created has been your new alternative furniture sets.

Have you made this into a mod? You could contact some of the major mod developers and see if they want to implement this...
Izzabelle has already addressed this numerous times. IIRC she doesn't want these to be turned into a mod right now, and if she ever changes her mind then she wants to be the person who decides who makes the mod.

Over the last month or so I've had 3 separate people PM me having already begun a mod with my alternates... with my assets... asking if I wanted to join them to help continue "their" work. This is NOT how you ask for permission to use my ideas/work. Additionally; all of these people, once told NO, decided it was in their best interest to tell me how "dumb" it was to not allow them to make said mod already using my assets without permission in an attempt to change my mind -- in a less than polite kind of way.

[sarcasm] Because nothing convinces me to let you be the modder of my alts more than taking my ideas/assets without permission and then telling me how dumb it is for me to say no[/sarcasm]

PSA: Don't be these people. This isn't the right way to do things.

No one in this thread has done this -- cause you guys know what's up -- but I had to vent a little.

Here's the latest information about mods and my alts:

- No; no one has permission to use my sprites/assets
- No; no one has permission to use my alternates in a mod
- When I am done making my alts, I will consider giving my permission to have them included in mods
- IF I decide to let my alts be added to a mod, *I* will choose the modder(s) who *I* want to make the mod
- Being a jerk to me will NOT make me reconsider my position
- Being a jerk to me WILL make me reconsider YOU.

Hi, I've been watching these suggestions off and on for a while, and I have to say they're among the best put-together suggestions I've seen out of... pretty much anything, independent of game or the content being suggested.

Anyway, that said, I've generally gotten the impression that with journey's end terraria is done receiving official updates outside of balancing and bugfixes. Does anyone know if Izzabelle has spoken on this matter yet? I'm afraid that I haven't actually stayed current with her project, just stopped in every few months to look for updates and be amazed by all the pretty pictures.

Are you asking if there are plans to implement the content in game, or Izzabelle's opinions on the matter? If it's the former, then there are no modding plans as of yet, Izzabelle said she'd consider it after they're all done, and has someone in mind if she does decide to go through with it.

Back
Top Bottom