Drawings & Paintings Izzabelle's Art Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, sorry -- I'm referring to actual IRL paying clients who have so far had a lot of colorful things to say to me today

Tomorrow I will be purchasing a new PC.

I've done all I could for my current PC -- and the final verdict is that it is incapacitated permanently.

Request work will resume immediately -- HOWEVER -- I will now have to take on more commissions in between each request in order to make up for lost clients and lost work, which will ultimately delay each piece slightly more than expected,

@Pixel the .psd is lost on your work -- but once the new PC is up and running at full capacity, it should be an easy task to bounce back into the work by simply utilizing the sketch you were given.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Well they can shove it
If you've paid for $100+ for a work, I don't think you'd appreciate being told to shove it. :dryadtongue:

Well, if the delay of their commissions was caused by something on Izzabelle's part(lack of planning, procrastination on work, etc etc), they would have some grounds for berating her. But a PC breaking down? No one expects that, unless you're a maniac like me that uses their PC until melting point and pointedly ignores the temperature of the damn PC.

Request work will resume immediately -- HOWEVER -- I will now have to take on more commissions in between each request in order to make up for lost clients and lost work, which will ultimately delay each piece slightly more than expected
No worries. You have to earn your livings. *sits down and waits patiently*

If you've paid for $100+ for a work, I don't think you'd appreciate being told to shove it. :dryadtongue:

Well, if the delay of their commissions was caused by something on Izzabelle's part(lack of planning, procrastination on work, etc etc), they would have some grounds for berating her. But a PC breaking down? No one expects that, unless you're a maniac like me that uses their PC until melting point and pointedly ignores the temperature of the damn PC.

There's always a level of risk involved. There's contingencies of course -- my entire PC dying for example only cost me a day -- and maybe 3 days work load. But I was able to resolve my issue within 24 hours, give notice, and maintain updates. This sort of thing is detailed in my contracts too. And my higher end clients can't just "leave" as easily -- because they have to pony up 50% of the payment for work to begin. How they choose to handle it is a different story. They could be totally professional about it. Or absolute children.

I don't particularly think of any of you as professionals (no offense -- you're all more like casual friends, ya know?) but you all have shown more professionalism in this situation than about 70% of my client base at the moment. You all -- I would work with again. The 70% however? I think my time will be best spent elsewhere from now on.

Hahahah, truthfully I'd be offended if you thought of me as professional to begin with. Quite simply, respect goes a long way, and although I'm quick to give it it's usually quick to come back. Best of luck for you to deal with those douches. I think angering someone making you an art piece is a horribly dumb endeavor.

In the literal sense, requesters are not professional; They aren't paying for your work.

Anyway, this is normally the part where I express my condolences for the loss of your work, and that I hope you can get it fixed quickly, but you seem to have that under control, so, um...

In the literal sense, requesters are not professional; They aren't paying for your work.

Anyway, this is normally the part where I express my condolences for the loss of your work, and that I hope you can get it fixed quickly, but you seem to have that under control, so, um...
"I really just commented to express my opinion on a minor technicality that was quite literally already expressed... But hey, here's that part where I say I'm just commenting about that and can't be bothered to type up a sentence or two of formalities."

"I really just commented to express my opinion on a minor technicality that was quite literally already expressed... But hey, here's that part where I say I'm just commenting about that and can't be bothered to type up a sentence or two of formalities."
Teal, please. Izzabelle previous stated "I don't particularly think of any of you as professionals." Stating their opinion. I was responding to that by saying that, if taken literally, that is actually provably true.

As for the formalities, they have handled this in a very swift and professional manner; expressing those formalities would be little more than token at this point.

Just another update; requests will be delayed roughly 5-7 days as I clear my schedule of client work -- as their commissions take priority (due to being what actually pays the bills), and it will help smooth the tension some of the more skittish clients are currently feeling.

tqbIOwR.jpg

I'm back on track and I have finished an incredible 30 commissions to cover my living/business costs over the last week. Between my computer dieing, photoshop error-ing out, getting everything re-setup, and having a lot of clients go full panic mode -- The recovery process is finally over.

Which means requests are completely back on track!

but wait!

I haven't really touched much of Terraria 1.3 yet -- so tomorrow (technically today) I am going to take a day specifically for playing some Terraria and relax a bit. It's been pretty stressful this week and I need a mental cool off period. I'll jump back onto requests Monday!

Again, thanks everyone for your patience and understanding -- it means a lot!

I feel like a child with that whimsical twinkle in my eye as I read I Spy books about the sea side, swarthy pirate tales, and reading about the real thing as I got older. Your drawing is proof of why I love the sea, what sails on it and what lives in it.

I'm back on track and I have finished an incredible 30 commissions to cover my living/business costs over the last week. Between my computer dieing, photoshop error-ing out, getting everything re-setup, and having a lot of clients go full panic mode -- The recovery process is finally over.

Which means requests are completely back on track!
Does that mean that people are done yelling at you?

Anyway back to the art...It's pretty awesome to see the artwork coming together like that. Usually I just see the finished product. This is new (and very cool) to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom