Drawings & Paintings Izzabelle's Art Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if she was taking requests, but since she isn't, (I understand why she isn't) I was indeed asking how much it would cost for a piece to be made.

It would be nice if she was taking requests, but since she isn't, (I understand why she isn't) I was indeed asking how much it would cost for a piece to be made.
It would depend on the content, size, time investment -- and current projects. Because of my schedule as it stands -- the price is inflated. I'm not doing anything for less than $1,500.00 purely because of time pressures right now. Which is NUTS. But normally, my pricing starts somewhere in the ballpark of $100, based on the work of course.

===

Hi, Frands!

I feel bad because I haven't been around, and I've let this thread kind of die out. So I'm here with an update!

Firstly, let's get this out of the way.

Just because YOU can't pester me about deadlines (because your requests are free, and you've agreed to autonomous control in an open ended due date, forfeiting your request upon violating terms) doesn't mean I can't pester myself about your deadlines. Of which I've felt pretty poorly.

You see. Normally -- I am a pretty busy person. And I accounted for this when I opened the thread for requests. By way of normal schedules, I should have been done with the requests by now -- or at least be within the last 5. This IS NOT the case. @Pixel first request is not done. At all. So why is that? Well...

1. There was a boom in work
A few clients glad-handed some of their friends, and my name and work somehow got dropped into a few good places. Which means my commissions have quintupled (5x more than normal). If you follow the local/indie music scene in the greater Chicago-land area, you've probably bought/seen/or are currently wearing some of my work. Because I have, quite simply, taken over that niche market.

The work flow has been so immense, as I stated before, my default price for commissions is up to $1,500.00. Because I simply don't have the time to dedicate to more projects now or in the near future (and I REALLY need a vacation)
2. Free time has not been for work
I can't stress this enough; I don't draw for fun. I can have fun while drawing, sure -- but I don't finish a commission and go "Ah, done with work. Now I'll draw MORE for FUN!". Just can't do it. I would literally die from illustration overload. So when I do have an hour-ish for me -- I play a game or I catch up with friends.
So what now?

Well now, the good news!

Summer is winding down. School is starting up. Which apparently means that the music scene ALSO apparently starts withdrawing. My commissions are finally being closed up without new commissions spawning. For a while, I was in a hydra scenario; finish 1 commission and then 2 more would appear (sometimes 3. or 4. or even 7). Which means I now have more time for Yoga-I mean, TCF requests!!!

Now, I'm not out of the woods yet. But this last week has been the first week where I've actually been able to be like "Oh. Today, I don't actually have to work on anything". So little by little, I've been able to sit down and go -- "I think I will work on a TCF request for a small bit".

sjccmSn.jpg

So, I hope you guys understand. Sorry it's taken way too long to initiate the requests. Hopefully you can forgive me. And I look forward to being able to continue work with you guys.

Tagging for awareness: @Pixel @bad_news @AntithesisEK @Shadow_Mantis @DerpoTheMagnificent @awolfen @TheQuietBisharp @Esreadel @Brick Creeper @agent_alx @The True Hero @Darthkitten @Kitty @crackshotCerberus @Teal

A like for the nice looking art... and acknowledging that I read the post.

(I will be honest, kind of forgotten I had made a request on here.)

Honestly, my request hadn't really crossed my mind lately, since so much has been going on in my own life for me to worry about art.
So it's honestly perfectly okay for you to forget, since I'm sure your life is a thousand times more hectic than mine.

Speaking of time, well, it's kind of all I've got these days, so take as much of it as you need.

Nice to see that this thread isn't dead. I look forward to seeing the requests being completed! (who doesn't like good drawings?)

Nice to see that this thread isn't dead. I look forward to seeing the requests being completed! (who doesn't like good drawings?)
I know, right? Even more when you have no memory of what you requested here. So... pleasant surprise when it is done as I lost track who I requested from who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom