Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I duno if this was mentioned before.
Some times ago after 1.4 release someone complained in the steam forum that their Jackhammer is much slower than their Pwnhammer.
I quoted a long formula on how this isn't true because mining speed and blocks destroyed per second and whatnot. The player insisted on his idea.
I checked it in my game, and indeed the jackhammer breaks walls much slower than a Pwnhammer.
I don't know if it is a bug on the Pwnhammer or the Jackhammer, but if we go after game mechanics and formulas for the speed, the Jackhammer is supposed to be twice as fast as the Pwnhammer.
Does smart breaking affect this somehow?

All drills, saws and the Jackhammer operate slower than any Pickaxes, Axes or Hammers.
The automated tools have no advantage in speed but only disadvantage in range.

All drills, saws and the Jackhammer operate slower than any Pickaxes, Axes or Hammers.
The automated tools have no advantage in speed but only disadvantage in range.
It's intentional that drills are better for non-dedicated mining builds, while pickaxes are better for dedicated mining builds.

Not using anything to boost mining speed. No potions, no armor, no accessories or no buffs. Never used. How is this dedicated?
How are drills better in any way?
They have less range and mine slower. They have not a single advantage that would make them "better".

I've no idea with which tools you've tested that out. But I've noticed a significiant difference in my 1.4 playthroughs. Might test it out later myself.

Just done a side by side comparison to show the difference.

No mining armor, accessoires or buffs are used here.

Palladium variants:
pall pick.gif
pall drill.gif

Hallowed variants:
hallow pick.gif
hallow drill.gif

This is, of course, just a small chunk of blocks. It's difference become more noticeable when you're mining blocks for an extended period.

Just done a side by side comparison to show the difference.

No mining armor, accessoires or buffs are used here.

Palladium variants:
View attachment 279291View attachment 279292

Hallowed variants:
View attachment 279293View attachment 279294

This is, of course, just a small chunk of blocks. It's difference become more noticeable when you're mining blocks for an extended period.
I was wrong about the drill/pick thing, cause of lack of testing on the new versions. They were slowe than pickaxes as far as I remember.
Still, the main argument about the Jackhammer being slower than hammers with half of its speed stands and the Jackhammer should be buffed heavily.

Back
Top Bottom