Pink_Jellyfish.png
Green_Jellyfish.png
Blue_Jellyfish.png
Jellyfish Expansion
Blue_Jellyfish.png
Green_Jellyfish.png
Pink_Jellyfish.png

kdcROYP.png

The Jellyfish Expansion is a thread I have made that will expand upon jellyfish and their role in gameplay. It will also work with other pre-existing terraria features and items to improve the overall experience of the game.

Pink_Jellyfish.png

Pink Jellyfish
Will now have a 1/5 chance to drop pink jelly, and drop bouncy glowsticks instead of regular ones. Otherwise remains the same.

Blue_Jellyfish.png

Blue Jellyfish
Now has a 1/3 chance to drop blue jelly, and drop sticky glowsticks instead of regular ones. Is now able to jump out of the water to attack the player.

Green_Jellyfish.png

Green Jellyfish
Now has a chance to drop 0-1 green jelly. Also moves twice as fast as a normal jelly and emits extra light when jetting forward.
Will now spawn in the pre-hardmode jungle and have stats similar to that of the blue jellyfish.

Orange_Jellyfish.png

Orange Jellyfish
The orange jellyfish will function like most others, save for the fact that it can travel out of water and will move the same way through the air. It has stats similar to that of the blue jellyfish, will drop 1-2 orange jelly several orange glowsticks, and spawn in the ocean and cavern layer. It emits orange light.

Golden_Jellyfish.png

Golden Jellyfish
Will spawn anywhere where there is water, most commonly in the cavern layer. Drops 0-1 golden jelly and 4-6 spelunker glowsticks. Has stats similar to that of a blood jelly and moves like any other jellyfish. It emits the same light as the spelunker glowstick and also sparkles.

Red Jellyfish.png

Red Jellyfish
Will spawn in the ocean about as commonly as a skeleton. Drops 1-2 red jelly. It has stats similar to that of a blue jellyfish and moves by jumping across the surface of the ocean like a slime. It emits a pulsing red light.

Strange_Jellyfish.gif

Strange Jellyfish
The strange jellyfish is a rare jellyfish that will spawn anywhere where there is water. It has stats similar to that of the blood jelly and moves like any normal jelly, except that it will occasionally point its bottom side towards the player and fire a powerful white laser. It will drop one random set of strange dyes.

kdcROYP.png

Pink_Jelly.png
Blue_Jelly.png
Green_Jelly.png
Orange_Jelly.png
Golden_Jelly.png
Red Jellyfish-1.png

These jellies are dropped by some new and pre-existing jellyfish. They have uses in crafting recipes.

Pink_Jelly.png

Pink Jelly
Is now used in the crafting of the bounce potion. It can be crafted with 2 bombs to make bouncy bombs, 3 grenades to make bouncy grenades, or 5 glowsticks to make bouncy glowsticks.

Blue_Jelly.png

Blue Jelly
Can be used to craft a leaping potion. It can also be crafted with 2 bombs to make sticky bombs, 3 grenades to make sticky grenades, or 5 glowsticks to make sticky glowsticks.

Green_Jelly.png

Green Jelly
Is now used in the swiftness and climbing potion recipe. It can also be crafted with 2 bombs to make slippery bombs, 3 grenades to make slippery grenades, or 5 glowsticks to make slippery glowsticks.

Orange_Jelly.png

Orange Jelly
Is now used in the gravitation potion recipe. It can also be crafted with 2 bombs to make floaty bombs, 3 grenades to make floaty grenades, or 5 glowsticks to make floaty glowsticks.

Red Jellyfish-1.png

Red Jelly

Can be crafted with 2 bombs to make buoyant bombs, 3 grenades to make buoyant grenades, or 5 glowsticks to make buoyant glowsticks

Golden_Jelly.png

Golden Jelly
Is now used in the spelunker potion recipe. It can also be crafted with 15 glowsticks to make spelunker glowsticks.

The following items are crafted with their respective jellies and throwables.

Floaty_Glowstick.png
Floaty_Grenade.png
Floaty_Bomb.png

Floaty Items
These items function like their normal counterparts, except that they are unaffected by gravity.

Slippery_Glowstick.png
Slippery_Grenade.png
Slippery_Bomb.png

Slippery Items
These items function like their normal counterparts, except that they have no friction.

index.php
buoyant explosives.png
buoyant explosives-2.png
buoyant explosives-1.png

Buoyant Items
These items function like their normal counterparts, except that they float in liquids.

Potion Changes and Additions

Swiftness_Potion.png

Speed Potion
Crafted with green jelly, a blinkroot, and a cactus. This will increase your running speed by 35%.

Spelunker_Potion.png

Spelunker Potion
Now crafted with golden jelly in addition to everything else, simply because of how powerful the spelunker potion is.

Gravitation_Potion.png

Gravitation Potion
Fire Blossoms are replaced by orange jelly in this recipe for the purpose of making this item obtainable without going to the underworld.
Otherwise it remains the same.

Bounce_Potion.png

Bounce Potion
Crafted with one pink jelly, a shiverthorn and a waterleaf. For those unlucky enough to have not found a horseshoe, this potion negates all fall damage and causes all
blocks to act like pink slime blocks.

Climbing_Potion.png

Climbing Potion
Crafted with one green jelly, one waterleaf, one fireblossom, and one blinkroot, this potion will allow the player to walk up 1.5 block high surfaces.

Leaping_Potion.png

Leaping Potion
Crafted with one blue jelly, a blinkroot and a moonglow, the leaping potion will increase the player's jump height by 2 blocks.

Buoyancy_Potion.png

Buoyancy Potion
Crafted with one red jelly, a moonglow, and a fireblossom, the buoyancy potion will allow you to press W to quickly ascend while in a liquid, and press S to
quickly descend while in a liquid.

kdcROYP.png

Buoyant Glowsticks and many of the buoyant-themed sprites were all made by @goldmelonmaster.

Anyways, that sums up my suggestion! I think that these new jellyfishes, items, and recipe changes can improve the overall terraria gameplay experience.

Last edited:
Yes, so much yes, though, how about we get a Purple Jellyfish?

Purple Jellyfish would be a hardmode jellyfish, that can venom on touch and will aim it's bottom at you at certain intervals and fire off a venom projectile or stream.

I don't know about changing the ingredients in those potions. I don't want to go farm Jellyfish for Green Jelly when i could just go to a Desert for some cactus.
The Climbing and Leaping potions are really underpowered in my opinion. I think the Climbing Potions should give an effect similar to that of the Shoe Spikes or Climbing Claws.
The Leaping Potions should increase player jump height by ~30%, and stack with Shiny Ballons, etc.
Overall, *clicks tongue* noice.
Was this, by any chance, inspired by my Jellyfish thread?

Was this, by any chance, inspired by my Jellyfish thread?
yes absolutely
nope not at all lolll

Anyways, I could make it so that there are 2 different levels of speed potions. I'll buff the leaping potion, although climbing potions will stay the same. I've already seen tons of suggestions for climbing claw/shoe spike potions.
[doublepost=1472247065,1472246990][/doublepost]
Hm. Not bad. I'd like to see more types of jellyfish, not just different colors.
I'll take a shot at changing their shapes soon.

Id love all these jellyfish themed things! im going to support.

Also the strange jellyfish is inspired in a real life jellyfish yeah?
the Ctenophora or "Comb Jellyfish"

full support, there is literally no part I dont like about this, also maybe adding corruption/crimson/hallow counterparts would be cool

Back
Top Bottom