Member-Run Project Jewsus' Master Builds Compendium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewsus

Official Terrarian
Jewsus' Master Builds Compendium.

Greetings esteemed Terrarians,
Feel free to offer any criticism to my builds and or offer suggestions on how I can improve them.

Thread under construction some content will be missing until I can get it all added.

OK Terrarians its time to:

Rock N Roll.png

Futuristic Builds:
This section of spoilers will showcase my Futuristic builds from space stations to trains and even hi tech toilets!
CubiverseOneSpaceStation.png
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (346).png
TerrariaBotOne.png
Screenshot (195).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (190).png
Screenshot (255).png
Screenshot (330).png

Steam Punk Builds:
Steam punk is one of my favourite styles to build in and this section will grow asap .
Screenshot (253).png
Screenshot (254).png
Observatory.png
Egyptian Builds:
An adventure through the sands of time will soon ensue!​

Screenshot (182).png

Boats:
From the docks to Davy Jones locker Soon ships will float or swim in this section!
Screenshot (257).png

Other:
Until I find categories for these to go into here they shall remain!
CastleJames.png
Screenshot (167).png
Screenshot (104).png
Screenshot (128).png
Screenshot (140).png
Screenshot (313).png
Screenshot (316).png

Pixel Art:
This section will showcase my biggest and best in the category of pixel art.​

Screenshot (25).png
Screenshot (26).png
Screenshot (85).png
Screenshot (11).png

Builds Made for Friends:
If someone wants me to make something I am more than happy too!

FearOfLife.png
IceDragonTemple.png
SammySpawn.png
Christmas Builds:
Merry Xmas!​

GrinchesHouse.png

Rebuilds of Other Peoples Builds:
If I find a build I really like I will reconstruct it in order to increase my own skills. It will then end up here :D

Screenshot (39).png

This thread will receive periodical updates as I collate my gallery into one place.​

Last edited:
Wow, I am stunned at your builds. I would tell you my favorite but's there's too much to chose from. Beautiful works of art

I'm kind of curious as to why your thread tags include "Boss & Arena, Screenshot Let's Play, Comic, and Wire/Mechanical Builds," as I've really seen none of those. Perhaps you'll add them later? I don't know, but moving on.

You have some fantastic looking builds here. It's obvious that you excel at background buildings (with front facing doors) and pixel art, as those really stand out. I'll be perfectly honest, however. I question how much work of your TEdit pixel art was brushed by your own hand, and how much was created by a third party program. They feel computer generated to me (which could be a mighty big complement if you did in fact brush them yourself in TEdit).

I would love to see up close and personal screenshots of some of the large builds that you've only posted map images of, just so I can see more of the detail (the space station and battle cruiser, for example).

I really like the smaller builds (especially the stage), and I love most of the buildings with front facing doors. The ice dungeon is extremely detailed, and looks fantastic, and I also love the fantasy tower and the tower portion of the observatory--though I have to say, the telescope portion feels like an eyesore to the rest of the build. Namely, the entire tower has a ton of fine detail to it, and the telescope feels rather lacking in that department. The angle of it also doesn't make sense (I'd recommend a 45°). Lastly, it feels quite large for the build, particularly with how far it is sticking out. I freaking love the tower it's connected to, though.

One of my absolute favorite parts of everything you've posted here, is the ore conveyor belt in the steampunk crane build. Don't get me wrong, the entire build looks great, but that conveyor build (to me) is brilliant. While I'm on the topic of your steampunk builds, I'd like to point out that I love the way you shaped the smoke coming out of the tractor. I also really like how you did the track system and hydraulic arm connected to the...shovel? Doesn't matter. I do feel the cabin of the tractor seems a bit lacking, but I can't really put my finger on the reason why, so I'll just gloss over it.

I've already taken up a bit of your time, but I do want to talk about one more thing. Your use of slime block. In some builds I absolutely love it (the cables in the space station, for example) and in some builds I absolutely hate it (the railway and research lab). To me, it is a fantastic detail tool, especially given how well it takes paint, but it only looks good in small quantities (personally). In large quantities, it gives a strange texture that really doesn't match anything else in the game (which is exactly the reason it makes for such a great accent tool). Personally, I feel like the two builds I mentioned would look fantastic if you cut back on the amount of slime and went with a different block choice (or better yet, a combination of them). It's also entirely possible that I'm not properly identifying the block choice you've made in those builds, and that it isn't slime :s haha!

All in all, great looking works here! I love your attention to detail, but I feel you can be more consistent with it (some parts feel void of detail). Also, thank you for organizing your spoilers so fantastically. It made viewing, and finding them again (for critiquing) much easier. I'm going to be blunt real fast--calling your thread "Master Build" seems highly egocentric, and it almost brought me into the thread with a negative view (really, I don't feel that either of us should use the title "Master" when it comes to our builds, if I'm being honest). Lastly, just to reiterate my opening statement, I really don't think you need to check a bunch of tags that don't really apply to thread (I don't know why that bothers me, but it does). Keep up the great work!

Thank you for your in depth analysis of my current thread I find all your comments valuable and will look into addressing each of them as best as I can in the following post! I am glad you took the time to make this appraisal.

I'm kind of curious as to why your thread tags include "Boss & Arena, Screenshot Let's Play, Comic, and Wire/Mechanical Builds," as I've really seen none of those. Perhaps you'll add them later? I don't know, but moving on.
Yes indeed I will be adding all variety of builds into this section spanning all the different categories labelled (this may take some time though so bear with me)

I would love to see up close and personal screenshots of some of the large builds that you've only posted map images of, just so I can see more of the detail (the space station and battle cruiser, for example).
I will be adding as many in game shots as I can this just relies on me editing the images together and not being lazy :D

I've already taken up a bit of your time, but I do want to talk about one more thing. Your use of slime block. In some builds I absolutely love it (the cables in the space station, for example)
Some of the slime you speak of is quite highly possible Living Wood painted with Black Paint. in the case of the space station its Living Wood. And I am a huge fan of slime block it is probably one of my favourite tiles :D

I'm going to be blunt real fast--calling your thread "Master Build" seems highly egocentric, and it almost brought me into the thread with a negative view (really, I don't feel that either of us should use the title "Master" when it comes to our builds, if I'm being honest). Lastly, just to reiterate my opening statement, I really don't think you need to check a bunch of tags that don't really apply to thread (I don't know why that bothers me, but it does). Keep up the great work!
In my honest opinion I think I can build anything be it my own or rebuild anyone else's builds quite easily all it requires is for me to look at it and or just imagine it happening then putting those thoughts into practice. The quality of the build if its an original build or another persons design is determined by the amount of time I spend on each project! It is also my honest opinion that I would also consider you a master in the art of building in Terraria and not many people have reached the level of skill and talent you have but its all down to your hard work and dedication. I don't claim to be a master of every building style though that would be far to untrue (as much as it would appeal to my megalomania) but I do consider myself to be a master none the less!

Those were great to look through! I really like your clean and sharp style. One of my favorites was the Grinch's house for its clean appeal.

You have some fantastic looking builds here. It's obvious that you excel at background buildings (with front facing doors) and pixel art, as those really stand out. I'll be perfectly honest, however. I question how much work of your TEdit pixel art was brushed by your own hand, and how much was created by a third party program. They feel computer generated to me (which could be a mighty big complement if you did in fact brush them yourself in TEdit).

I really like the smaller builds (especially the stage), and I love most of the buildings with front facing doors. The ice dungeon is extremely detailed, and looks fantastic, and I also love the fantasy tower and the tower portion of the observatory--though I have to say, the telescope portion feels like an eyesore to the rest of the build. Namely, the entire tower has a ton of fine detail to it, and the telescope feels rather lacking in that department. The angle of it also doesn't make sense (I'd recommend a 45°). Lastly, it feels quite large for the build, particularly with how far it is sticking out. I freaking love the tower it's connected to, though.

One of my absolute favorite parts of everything you've posted here, is the ore conveyor belt in the steampunk crane build. Don't get me wrong, the entire build looks great, but that conveyor build (to me) is brilliant. While I'm on the topic of your steampunk builds, I'd like to point out that I love the way you shaped the smoke coming out of the tractor. I also really like how you did the track system and hydraulic arm connected to the...shovel? Doesn't matter. I do feel the cabin of the tractor seems a bit lacking, but I can't really put my finger on the reason why, so I'll just gloss over it.

I've already taken up a bit of your time, but I do want to talk about one more thing. Your use of slime block. In some builds I absolutely love it (the cables in the space station, for example) and in some builds I absolutely hate it (the railway and research lab). To me, it is a fantastic detail tool, especially given how well it takes paint, but it only looks good in small quantities (personally). In large quantities, it gives a strange texture that really doesn't match anything else in the game (which is exactly the reason it makes for such a great accent tool). Personally, I feel like the two builds I mentioned would look fantastic if you cut back on the amount of slime and went with a different block choice (or better yet, a combination of them). It's also entirely possible that I'm not properly identifying the block choice you've made in those builds, and that it isn't slime :s haha!

All in all, great looking works here! I love your attention to detail, but I feel you can be more consistent with it (some parts feel void of detail). Also, thank you for organizing your spoilers so fantastically. It made viewing, and finding them again (for critiquing) much easier. I'm going to be blunt real fast--calling your thread "Master Build" seems highly egocentric, and it almost brought me into the thread with a negative view (really, I don't feel that either of us should use the title "Master" when it comes to our builds, if I'm being honest). Lastly, just to reiterate my opening statement, I really don't think you need to check a bunch of tags that don't really apply to thread (I don't know why that bothers me, but it does). Keep up the great work!

Actually - already said everything my stead.

Unfortunately, knowledge of English at my low level, and I can not describe all that I saw. Just no words. Perfect.

I was really shocked these buildings. The impression is that they are for the background. But that does not make them worse than ordinary.
Like - it's not enough for THIS works.

Sometimes I feels so small...:eek: impressive!!
Dont feel small if i were you I would use this as a guide to help you along the way to working on your own builds. The only reason I am as good as I am today is because I spent a lot of time building other peoples builds copying parts I like changing them to suit my needs and once I had done enough of that I started inventing to me this game is all about discovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom