tModLoader JoJoStands

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by AnotherGuy, Feb 12, 2019.

1. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

JoJoStands is a mod where I'm trying to implement many stands and items from 1-7. Stands are made using Stand Arrows obtained when creating a character or made with 13 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator. Recipes for tiers are stated in the stands tooltip line.

Current Content:

Star Platinum(weapon) - 153 Damage, star finger (right-click) penetrates up to 3 enemies at once. (tiers 3-Final)
    SPECIAL: Stop time for 4 seconds.
    (fist by Boiwiththemwafflez)

The World - 138 Damage, shoot 3 knives at your enemies (right-click)
    SPECIAL: Stop time for 9 seconds.

Hierophant Green - 57 Damage, shoots 3-5 bullets, shoot in a straight line (right-click) with more damage (tier Final)

Tusk Act 1 - 32 Damage, shoot nails
    Tusk Act 2 - 93 Damage, shoot controllable nails
    Tusk Act 3 - 184 Damage, shoot controllable nails and right-click to teleport
    Tusk Act 4 - 1000 Damage, shoot controllable nails and right-click to use the power of infinite spin

Star Platinum(minion) - 84 Damage at a really fast rate (sprite by Boiwiththemwafflez)

Sex Pistols - 187 Damage at a slow fire rate, bullets target enemies, right-click to shoot all 6 bullets at once

Sticky Fingers - 128 Damage, zips open enemies which cause them to lost a lot of health and blood, extended zipper punch (right-click) that can extend up to 10-15 blocks

Aerosmith(minion) - 87 Damage at a really fast fire rate (sprite by Yoshikage Kira)

Pucci(NPC) - sells you stand discs (spawns after hardmode is enabled and some other town NPC's are in the world)

D'Arby(NPC) - sells you some D'Arby specific items

Yoshihiro(enemy NPC) - Has a 1% spawn rate but can be spawned with the Wrapped Picture item.

Wrapped Picture - Can be obtained from birds and spawns Yoshihiro

Stand Arrow - used to craft stands, drops from Yoshihiro (crafted with 12 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator)

Requiem Arrow - used for the final tiers of some stands.

JoJo Vanities - Jotaro's cap, Polnareff's hair, Achtung Baby, Koichi Vanity Set, Yoshikage Kira Vanity Set (All made with 2 silk)

Stand Tiers- some stands now have tiers to balance the game. The first tier of a stand starts off with creating it with the arrow, after that, you upgrade it with in-game materials (recipes to be made)

Stone Mask - Gives major boosts to player abilities (speed, jump height, damage, etc.). Limits health and doesn't allow you to go to space nor be in daylight. (item by Comobie, animation by Yoshikage Kira)

20th Century Boy - Hold down the special ability keybind to become immune to damage, but in this state you are unable to use items or move.

Killer Queen (1st Bomb) - 134 Damage, tile explosion (right-click) allows you to blow up any tile the mouse is over
    SPECIAL: Sheer Heart Attack

Killer Queen (Stray Cat) - Shoots bubbles that explode on contact, can bite the dust to the morning and will take you back to spawn.

Steel Balls - Gyro's main weapon, up to 2 can be thrown at a time

Hamon - Punch people with hamon, automatically gets stronger after vanilla bosses are defeated.

Stone of Aja - Increases life regeneration significantly, let's you walk on water (sprite by Comobie)

Custom Crafting Materials: Soul of Time, Hand, Sun Droplet

If you have a stand idea or feel like contributing to the mod, you can join the JoJoStands server on Discord: Join the JoJo Stands Discord Server!. This is my first experience with code, if you want to help out, just know we aren't professionals at this.

CHANGELOG
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version 1.47
    + Added Jotaro vanities, Jotaro Coat, Jotaro's 200,000 Yen Pants
    - Replaced Jotaro Cap sprite
    + Sheer Heart Attack reuse timer, 10 seconds on tier 3, 4 seconds on tier 4
    + Replaced mod icon with new icon (by Technotoad64)
    Version 1.45
    • Fixed all those issues with mutliplayer like time stopping for everyone forever
    • Remade Killer Queen Bites The Dust to have a better Bites The Dust effect and actually affects everyone in multiplayer now
    • Debuffed Aerosmith and made him post-plantera

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. RiverOaken

RiverOaken Terrarian

Add less spoilers

DaysGone likes this.
  3. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

It'll be items from parts 1-7 (eventually 8), but there may be few spoilers for anime-onlys.

4. NuovaPrime

NuovaPrime Spazmatism

Having some pictures or gif's would be nice, looks like a pretty cool mod though.

5. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

I'll try to get some in right now

6. noice

7. Tidgem

Tidgem Skeletron Prime

I love the mod and Star Platinum is RIDICULOUSLY overpowered but they despawn after a while. Please make it so they dont naturally despawn :D

8. AlainZv

AlainZv Plantera

Have you thought on upgrading the sprites and attack animations?

9. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

Yep. We're trying to make better sprites

AlainZv likes this.
  10. adooglewop

adooglewop Terrarian

So When do you think this will be released?

11. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

What's on top is already in the mod browser, but if you mean the next couple of stands, we're working on them

RoninRokuro likes this.
  12. ITS FBI(DumbestManAlive)

ITS FBI(DumbestManAlive) Skeletron Prime

What you have right now is pretty bare bones.

It could be done way better.

13. RoninRokuro

RoninRokuro Terrarian

Is there currently any way to get the Stone Mask or has it not been implemented yet?

14. raskev

raskev Terrarian

Question: How do you get a Requiem Arrow? I'm trying to get Tusk Act 4 but can't seem to find any.

15. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

It's a moon Lord drop

16. YellowBlitzer

YellowBlitzer Terrarian

bruh, its a joj mod, there is gonna be stuff you may not wanna see before you see it in the anime.

17. HumanMan

HumanMan Terrarian

Look i dont know if it is me but i dont get an arrow when i create a new chracter ._.

18. AnotherGuy

AnotherGuy Terrarian

You now get a 'Wrapped Picture' when you spawn, which spawns Yoshihiro. After you kill him, you get the arrow

19. Iguana_Uki

Iguana_Uki Terrarian

How do i upgrade my stands?

20. OnlyTheLegendary

OnlyTheLegendary Terrarian

So I've been playing for 6 hours now and I haven't seen a single yoshihiro. Also I've been killing birds a lot and haven't got a paper. Is this not working or am I unlucky