tModLoader JoJoStands

every time i use killer queen stray cat, if i right click it just despawns.
Sorry for the late response, but if you're using the Sounds Mod, that mod has a bug in it that despawns stands when the "sound sync" option in the Mod Configs is on (this is due to a syncing error that occurs with missing information). You can fix that by disabling the sound sync option in the Sounds mod configs.

I've been trying to get the viral pearl ring from the traveling merchant and I've beaten plantera and even moonlord but it's never in the shop. I crafted a spawner for the traveling merchant from Fargo's Mutant Mod and there's also a permanent traveling merchant npc from I think luiafk. Neither of these are selling the pearl ring and I haven't tried a normal merchant. That might be the problem but I don't think it is. Any idea why it won't be selling? (I'm trying to make Tusk Act 4)

JoJoStands is a mod where we're trying to implement many stands and items from 1-7.

Content Overview:

Stands: Star Platinum, The World, Gold Experience, Gold Experience Requiem, King Crimson, Sex Pistols, Aerosmith, Sticky Fingers, Killer Queen, Killer Queen: Stray Cat, Magicians Red, Hierophant Green, Tusk, The Hand, Whitesnake, Lock, Dolly Dagger, and Grateful Dead.
View attachment 252293View attachment 252294View attachment 252295

How to obtain Stands:
  1. Small chance to spawn with a stand upon creating a new player (Inheritance)
  2. Asking Jotaro for an Arrow Shard, in which you stab yourself with it and wait an in-game day for it to wear off
  3. Viral Meteorite, a meteor that drops after Skeletron has been defeated (Use it to craft an arrow)

If you have a stand idea or feel like contributing to the mod, you can join the JoJoStands server on Discord: Join the JoJo Stands Discord Server!. Or you could look at the JoJoStands Wiki if you need to find something. This is my first experience with code, if you want to help out, just know we aren't professionals at this.

CHANGELOG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JoJoStands v2.2 (Sounds Update) Changelog
- Reworked Tusk Act 3's Shadow Nail (Now is a mount-like projectile which allows travel through ground)
- Previous Tusk Acts are strengthened when you're using higher Tusk Acts
- Added a red screen effect during Foresight (Also boosted the amount of afterimages that appear)
- Added a UI for Sex Pistols
- Added Right-Click for Sex Pistols, kicks bullets toward the mouse
- Slow Dancer actually runs now
- MANY MANY balance changes, like Star Platinum recipes and Aerosmith shoot cap
- Added Viral Steak
- The Hand can now scrape players
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Sounds support

Changes:
- Buffed Road Roller even more (Now does 4x damage against bosses)
- Sheer Heart Attack now hunts down 5 enemies instead of 1, and flies when the enemy is in the air
- Bites the Dust now bombs all enemies
- Magicians Red now shoots 2 hurricanes in T4
- Ranged Stands now deal critical hits

JoJoStands Sounds v1.1 Changelog
- Added ORA ORA for Star Platinum
- Added MUDA MUDA for The World
- Added ARI ARI for Sticky Fingers
- Added MUDA MUDA for Gold Experience and GER
- Added ORA ORA for Tusk Act 4
- Added THE WORLD when The World timestops
- Added Star Platinum: The World when Star Platinum timestops
- Added KING CRIMSON when King Crimson timeskips
- Added BITE THE DUST when Killer Queen: BtD rewinds time
- Added Pose Quotes (User quotes that play during a pose)
- Added Config Option to choose wether you want to hear Sub or English Dub versions of the Pose Quotes
- Added lots of extra sound effects for certain actions
- Added Kira Theme deathsound (#6)
Yes, it's multiplayer compatible!

Download link for v2.2 (Sounds Mod included): MEGA

YouTube link to VM theme:
JoJoStands is a mod where we're trying to implement many stands and items from 1-7.

Content Overview:

Stands: Star Platinum, The World, Gold Experience, Gold Experience Requiem, King Crimson, Sex Pistols, Aerosmith, Sticky Fingers, Killer Queen, Killer Queen: Stray Cat, Magicians Red, Hierophant Green, Tusk, The Hand, Whitesnake, Lock, Dolly Dagger, and Grateful Dead.

How to obtain Stands:
  2. Asking Jotaro for an Arrow Shard, in which you stab yourself with it and wait an in-game day for it to wear off
  3. Viral Meteorite, a meteor that drops after Skeletron has been defeated (Use it to craft an arrow)

If you have a stand idea or feel like contributing to the mod, you can join the JoJoStands server on Discord: Join the JoJo Stands Discord Server!. Or you could look at the JoJoStands Wiki if you need to find something. This is my first experience with code, if you want to help out, just know we aren't professionals at this.

CHANGELOG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Reworked Tusk Act 3's Shadow Nail (Now is a mount-like projectile which allows travel through ground)
- Added a red screen effect during Foresight (Also boosted the amount of afterimages that appear)
- Added Viral Steak
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Sounds support

Changes:
- Sheer Heart Attack now hunts down 5 enemies instead of 1, and flies when the enemy is in the air

- Added Config Option to choose wether you want to hear Sub or English Dub versions of the Pose Quotes

I found a duping bug

I've been trying to get the viral pearl ring from the traveling merchant and I've beaten plantera and even moonlord but it's never in the shop. I crafted a spawner for the traveling merchant from Fargo's Mutant Mod and there's also a permanent traveling merchant npc from I think luiafk. Neither of these are selling the pearl ring and I haven't tried a normal merchant. That might be the problem but I don't think it is. Any idea why it won't be selling? (I'm trying to make Tusk Act 4)
There's a bug where the pearl gets replaced by any item a different mod adds to the Traveling Merchant's shop (it's our fault and that was fixed for the Betas).
Any idea when a 1.4 release will be made?
We're planning to port the mod to 1.4 along with all of the major Stand changes in the past two years once 1.4 is fully released to the public. This is to prevent having to rewrite the mod multiple times in order to keep up with the changes.

There's a bug where the pearl gets replaced by any item a different mod adds to the Traveling Merchant's shop (it's our fault and that was fixed for the Betas).

We're planning to port the mod to 1.4 along with all of the major Stand changes in the past two years once 1.4 is fully released to the public. This is to prevent having to rewrite the mod multiple times in order to keep up with the changes.
I know you responded to this but how do I fix this issue as it is happening to me too and I'm left confused with your current answer. Just looking for some clarification.

I know you responded to this but how do I fix this issue as it is happening to me too and I'm left confused with your current answer. Just looking for some clarification.
Unfortunately there's no way to get the pearl unless you leave only the JoJoStands mod enabled when the traveling merchant spawns in. Your best option is to cheat it in using Cheat Sheet and continuing (you can remove the coins it costs if you're really worried about it.) Another alternative is to get the Beta from the Discord server, though there may be bugs with new features.

Hey, I dont know if you take suggestions for stands but I would love to see D4C (Maybe like a clone bomb or love train!) added! Btw great mod I love using tusk its very well designed

Content Overview:

How to obtain Stands:

CHANGELOG
- Added Viral Steak
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Sounds support

Changes:

Would you guys consider adding Soft and Wet and Wonder of U from part 8?

I just wanted to ask if there was any way we could make our own custom stands in the mod or if you can tell me how you make them. I'm not a modder so it would be kinda hard but I would really love to find out how to.

I have a suggestion. I was thinking of adding Jolyne's stand (Stone Free). It would have the basic punch like Star Platinum. Its Right-click would shoot out a string that pierces enemies and makes them bleed. It can pierce up to 5 enemies within a pretty large range but the more you pierce the less damage it does when it first hits. The special would kinda be like Grateful Dead's grab. When the enemies are pierced and you use the special you will be able to move the enemies around via the string from one side of the screen to the other. I am anime-only so I haven't seen the full extent of Jolyne's power so this might all be irrelevant compared to what she gets later in Part 6.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to make you do this. But can you upload jojostands to the steam workshop, I can't seem to find this mod there

maybe my english is not very good

Is the stand suppose to disappear after it attacks something? Im playing with a friend it works fine for them but it disappears after it attack, its fine when I'm in my own world just not multiplayer.

Last edited:

Content Overview:

How to obtain Stands:

CHANGELOG
- Added Viral Steak
- Fixed lots of bugs
- Sounds support

Changes:

where do i download

Hello everyone I'm faced with the problem that I don't have a Viral meteorite. I kill Skeletron and nothing happens. Then I started killing Cthulhu's Brain, but it didn't work out either. Please help me with the problem. P.S I only have this meteorite in one world

This mod breaks a number of the Boss Trophies, either turning causing their placed sprite to turn into a different trophy (Skeletron Trophy appears as the Queen Bee trophy when placed), or by causing their placement to be half one trophy, and half another, immediately breaking both on placement and giving you one of each. (Brain of Cthulhu Trophy places half each of both Brain of Cthulhu and Skeletron, before destroying them immediately)

View attachment 269296View attachment 269297

I confirmed as much by going through Process of Elimination through my modlist, and isolated it to Jojostands. Why does this mod affect trophies, of all things?
Th
This mod breaks a number of the Boss Trophies, either turning causing their placed sprite to turn into a different trophy (Skeletron Trophy appears as the Queen Bee trophy when placed), or by causing their placement to be half one trophy, and half another, immediately breaking both on placement and giving you one of each. (Brain of Cthulhu Trophy places half each of both Brain of Cthulhu and Skeletron, before destroying them immediately)

View attachment 269296View attachment 269297

I confirmed as much by going through Process of Elimination through my modlist, and isolated it to Jojostands. Why does this mod affect trophies, of all things?
this probably happens because trophies have one unique sprites with all sprites of all trophies (like for minecraft paintings, and could explain why the trophies are shown in an unique sprite in the terraria wiki, so it's very likely) probably tje sprite has been messed up by the mod, causing terraria to not understand correctly which trophy has been placed, and also to not sustain half a sprite, making it break.
I don't understand why Terraria devs decided trophies to work in this way, but the most likely source of the problem is a global item

So as to not make the original post ridiculously long, I'll be posting the v2.3.1 Patchlogs here:

JoJoStands v2.3.1 Changelog:
- Stand PvP Mode has been added as a server config option. In this mode, all Stand-related damage is halved to allow for longer fights, and multiplayer based effects are enabled. Such effects include: Barraging away enemy knives, showing signuratures in Aerosmith's Radar for players, triggering String Traps, etc.
- Star Platinum has been buffed a bit to allow more of an incentive against The World
- Tusk Act 4's barrage has been buffed to more closely match his actual capabilities
- Silver Chariot's Special has been severely nerfed
- Killer Queen's Sheer Heart Attack is now included in the 75% explosion damage reduction
- Killer Queen: Stray Cat's bubbles are now included in the 90% explosion damage reduction
- Stand Effects like "Zipped!" and "Aging" are now based on the Stand's tier rather than being set in stone. Both effects have received buffs as well
- The Salad Dye, a dye that retextures some Stands with resprites made by Salad, has been added
- NPCs now have proper Bestiary entries
- Auto Select now properly prevents all Stands from attacking while in use

Fixes:
- Quite a few issues have been fixed with all in-game 2x2 tiles. This includes Magic Storage's Storage Units
- Sticky Fingers no longer disappears in Tiers 2 & 3
- Whitesnake now properly shows his Range Indicators
- Gold Experience Requiem now properly spawns its Tree
- Requiem Armor Beetles no longer kill projectiles owned by the player
- Hermit Purple's Hook now acts much closer to in-game hooks
- Stands should now properly freeze in Timestop when the Stand User is not the one timestopping
- Stand Effects now shut down properly upon death
- Jotaro's Entries for Stone Free now exist
- Hamon is now learned by just holding the Hamon Item
- Sex Pistols's Special can no longer be used continuously
- Many other small fixes

*For those of you having issues with Wills to Fight/Protect, a debug tool has been added to the config to help both you and me find out why you aren't able to get your wills.*

JoJoStands: Sounds v1.4.1 Changelog:
- Silver Chariot now has a spawn sound
- Stone Free now has a spawn sound
- Bad Company now has a pose quote
- Basic Spawn sounds have been added
- Volume control has been improved throughout most sounds
- Manual punching sounds have been replaced

Thanks for being patient and reporting all bugs found this past week, I wouldn't have been able to identify most of these regularly!

Can you make tier 2 dolly dagger work like before?To be able to increase your damage reduction with other items.And i think The lock need a little buff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom