tAPI jordan's mods.

I was having trouble coming up with something for mage if you couldn't already notice :p I was thinking about a pre-HM to early HM weapon that fires all of the different staff projectiles randomly. Also a weapon that fires magical spikes could works, it would by default explode into fragments. Just a couple ideas i've been debating
Maybe a magic weapon that could be like the golden shower,Giving a debuff something like that. I could also suggest some ranger boomerang-y items for Hardmode as there are only a few HM boomerangs.Perhaps a pirate army type boomerang that would be the Steering wheel maybe?

Also you could add a magic weapons that shoots friendly and enemy players like a cleric which could add some interesting elements to the mage.
Maybe a steampunk item that shoots razor sharp blades or maybe gears/cogs?

Just a few ideas that came to mind as I wrote this :p

This mod has a lot of good potential. As soon as it's released to the public I'm grabbing it. It looks amazing, and I love this kinda stuff anyways. You've got full support from me.

These are pretty good items and sprites! I'd probably support these idea and maybe try it out myself! :D

Maybe a magic weapon that could be like the golden shower,Giving a debuff something like that. I could also suggest some ranger boomerang-y items for Hardmode as there are only a few HM boomerangs.Perhaps a pirate army type boomerang that would be the Steering wheel maybe?

Also you could add a magic weapons that shoots friendly and enemy players like a cleric which could add some interesting elements to the mage.
Maybe a steampunk item that shoots razor sharp blades or maybe gears/cogs?

Just a few ideas that came to mind as I wrote this :p
More boomerangs is nice! I'll get that on to my list!

Shooting friendly players, like damaging them yeah? I already planned on making a weapon you could use to kill friendly NPCs, so you could get the NPCs you like. That will probably find it's way into malevolency.
Might plan on adding some use to the steampunk stuff, it seems like it could have some potential!

How about a magic weapon That uses fallen star projectiles
Maybe, however I believe Avalon had an item like that back in the tConfig days so we might see it return in Exxo/tAPI

This mod has a lot of good potential. As soon as it's released to the public I'm grabbing it. It looks amazing, and I love this kinda stuff anyways. You've got full support from me.
Thanks bud! I'll probably release a public beta in a week or two. I'm honestly just waiting on tAPI to update!

These are pretty good items and sprites! I'd probably support these idea and maybe try it out myself! :D
Thanks! I always seem to get blessed with some really talented artist when I come into modding, nealpd and orkuspay both originally came onto my thread just replying with amazing sprites (nealpd on my exo thread on TO and orkuspay about two years ago on my old, old mod). When tAPI updates I will be pushing it out as fast as possible!

Distill v2.png

I'll leave this here

If you're looking for magic weapon ideas , how about upgraded gem staves? You could make them shoot all sorts of projectiles , multiple normal projectiles , a shadow beam staff sort of beam , multiple homing projectiles , projectiles that explode and leave behing something , projectiles that spawn other projectiles after death and alot more.

If you're looking for magic weapon ideas , how about upgraded gem staves? You could make them shoot all sorts of projectiles , multiple normal projectiles , a shadow beam staff sort of beam , multiple homing projectiles , projectiles that explode and leave behing something , projectiles that spawn other projectiles after death and alot more.
Already had this as an idea, but it would be an elemental sort of thing that fires each one at random. Upgrades are speed, crits, dam, multishot, bouncing, extra piercing, velocity, buffs etc.this is pre-HM so the better upgrades won't come until post such as the homing, new projectiles on death etc. I've also got some other ideas for magic stuff now, i'm just waiting on 1.2.4.1 tAPI and the docs to get more stuck in!

Please post suggestions in the social forum, as not to clog up the main post.
Also we'll put screenies and such there, and it's useful for general chat.
It's open to the public, just please don't create unnecessary threads :p

How about a flail made out of all the mechanical bosses?
It shoots lasers, similar to the flower pow.
It is imbued with cursed flames.
The chain of the flail spawns little probes that chase after enemies.

To avoid it from being a little OP, it could be made out of all the masks and trophies.

Heck, there could even be a pre-hardmode version of it.

How about a flail made out of all the mechanical bosses?
It shoots lasers, similar to the flower pow.
It is imbued with cursed flames.
The chain of the flail spawns little probes that chase after enemies.

To avoid it from being a little OP, it could be made out of all the masks and trophies.

Heck, there could even be a pre-hardmode version of it.
Hard to get =/= balanced.

You know what would be cool? If yoou could have something similar to the skeleton armor in Xcom, where when you put it on it would come with a grappling hook. You wouldnt need to put it in your inventory. It would just be cool in general to have accesorie effects built into armors. Maybe an autohammer combined with tinkerers workshop?

Also in my opinion the dart launcher looks a little to much like the minigun. Maybe you could stick some blowguns in there?:)

You know what would be cool? If yoou could have something similar to the skeleton armor in Xcom, where when you put it on it would come with a grappling hook. You wouldnt need to put it in your inventory. It would just be cool in general to have accesorie effects built into armors. Maybe an autohammer combined with tinkerers workshop?

Also in my opinion the dart launcher looks a little to much like the minigun. Maybe you could stick some blowguns in there?:)
Grappling hook armour was already considered, as well as some of the accessory effects. Well if it were to have blowgun like things attached, it would infer that you blow on it to fire the darts, which is not the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom