• Labor of Love is here! Visit our Labor of Love thread for a special message from the team, a look at brand new Labor of Love merch, and the changelog (minus a few surprises 😉)

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

CellarDoor96

Terrarian
Lunar Flare: Every night, before I fall asleep, I ask myself, “why does Lunar Flare use more mana per second than a fully charged Last Prism?” This question tortures my every thought. I have not slept well in years. I cannot focus at work, and even alchohol cannot distract me from this question. You can save me, Leinfors. Kill the question of kings so that I must no longer live a life of consuming darkness.
Lunar Flare also needs a velocity buff to have any chance of competing with Last Prism. Right now its projectiles are so slow that using it against the Moon Lord is like trying to thread a needle while skydiving.

Mana Cloak: A fan favorite that does not deserve to be a fan favorite in any way, shape or form. If all three stars hit, that’d be worth about a second of attacking in Master Mode, and because of how Mana works, restoring 50 might as well not restore any at all. You also have to be near the ground to even retrieve the star at first. A “reworky” solution is a several-second damage buff to Mage weapons after taking damage. I don’t have a non-reworky solution, anyone who does is free to chip in.
Arguably it's the best Mana Flower tinker because if you're a mage you probably already have a Celestial Magnet tinker equipped, and Celestial Magnet tinkers don't stack, so it's better than the Magnet Flower in that case. But on its own merits it's not too great, yeah. Personally I would increase the number of mana stars that can exist at once and dramatically increase the range you can pick them up from. Alternatively, make the cloak stars just drop regular mana stars instead of its special ones so that you can accumulate them on the ground and get them later.

Star in a Bottle: lol, said the scorpion, lmao
Yeah 1 mana/sec is nothing, it should be more like 5 or something

Dr. Flavin

Skeletron
Mana Cloak is a pretty poor Magic accessory, but a great tanking accessory!
Magic stars need a buff, Counter hit stars need a cooldown. Simple as.

Shyguymask

Terrarian
Don't see how spamming 1-2-1-2 on a keyboard is some God level skill but okay.

Seriously though, you don't need to spam too many whips for significant DPS nor do you have to be particularly efficient about it, even with my lazy mobility (dash+infinite empress) loadout for moonlord, just stacking Dark Harvest and Kaleidoscope with Stardust Dragon can make the DPS meter spike up to 6k dps. Whip speed buffs are 2 seconds long, Summoner Tag effects are 4 seconds long, more than enough time to spam whips. A triple whip can be done with basic rhythmic processing or mashing keyboard which ever is more comfortable. If you clear the hotbar of everything except whips you can scroll through the whips without a keyboard. It's not really some hyper advanced motor skill he's making it out to be, it can be simplified for most players into a simple button mash. It isn't particularly tiring either, given that I've been stacking for multiple Summoner runs and haven't still run into fatigue once during a boss fight.

Also,why did you choose such an unreadable color for this.
Even though I agree it's not that difficult to master, it's still much more difficult than you're making it out to be despite that.

It's not 1-2-1-2, but rather 1-2-3-stay on 3 briefly without expiring 1 & 2's speed buffs-1-2-3-stay on 3 briefly without expiring 1 & 2's speed buffs on repeat. What you didn't mention is that you have to keep track of melee speed bonus durations as well.

Well, that said, I do it in reverse order:
3-2-1. I'd say this is actually the way to go because you finger is closer to the 3 key at first which means you don't have to stretch it to press the first whip's hotkey. Instead, you stretch it toward the main dps whip's hotkey (1) while pressing 3 & 2 along the way.

Also, "just mash" is a really bad advice. You have no idea what whip you're using in the first place which means you don't know what your range is. You also have no idea how many tag effects & speed boosts you have. This also unoptimized because you're going to spend much less time hitting with a main dps whip that has been boosted. Finally, it's also more physically exhausting in a way.

Cazmatism

Skeletron
Super late to the party but here's one bite sized suggestions I have:
- All swords now swing in the direction of the cursor.
- Additional "zoom unlock" setting that allows player to zoom out more than the default limits with a disclaimer that it may reduce visual quality of the game (this is because it's very annoying to fight certain bosses at lower resolutions, notably Moon-lord)
- Yoyos do not incur any damage penalty anymore even if the enemy is behind a few blocks (any strats where yoyos are viable involving this will not be affected at all by the damage penalty, which ends up making it simply annoying and irrelevant)
- Meowmere, The Terrarian, Star Wrath, Rainbow Crystal staff, Lunar portal staff, now have local iframes instead of global iframes so that they're actually powerful as post ML weapons.
- Rainbow gun: Now applies local iframes (I really really don't want my sidearm weapon to reduce the dps of my main weapon thanks a lot)
- Influx Waver: Secondary and tertiary projectiles spawn faster(?)
- All shortswords: Now give static iframes (probably -1 local iframes, the same as whips)
- Slap hand: Damage reduced to 1 again (cmonnnnn)
- Death Sickle: Knockback reduced to 3.5 (bit of a bandaid change to be honest, but this weapon is very annoying to use with gloves that also give other stats that are very valuable)
- All spears: Projectile now moves mid swing as well to point in the direction of the cursor
- Ice boomerang, Flamarang, Thorn chakram: Return speed greatly increased by unspecified amount
- KO Cannon: Damage increased to 60
- Rockets: Inflict local iframes instead of global (has visible issues with snowman cannon rockets)
- Celebration mk2: iframes changed to be local from... reverse static iframes???. Also it'd be funny if the red rocket had no iframes anyways to keep in the current bug lol
- Shadowbeam staff: Damage increased to 65 (from 60) and usetime decreased to 10 (from 15). Might look like a big buff but it does need it (resultant dps is 406.5 on avg)
- Inferno fork: Has autofire. Desperately needs a buff as well but I haven't used it enough to know exactly what.
- Electrosphere Launcher: Lets pretend that this is a bad weapon and buff its damage from 40 to 90 please (please don't this is a joke)
- Blood thorn: Lifespan heavily increased. If it can't be a good main weapon, maybe it could be a good sidearm (also remove global iframes if bloodthorn has those)
- Celebration: Damage increased to 55 (541 dps) and the extra rocket actually does as much AoE as the visual blast radius implies (this is mostly to my OCD to be honest)
- Piranha gun: Piranhas automatically seek out enemies after a small duration after being shot if it hasn't contacted an enemy yet.
- Jack'o'lantern Launcher: Affected a lot less by gravity.

Last edited:

Rocketjay

Terrarian
Hello, I would suggest a change in the Eyebone Pet that would be more useful: make it so that Chester has access to Safe Storage.
The reason being is that we already have to use a couple of slots to keep Money Trouph and the Void Bag. Safe storage, while nowhere near as cumbersome as a piggy bank, is still not good since you still have to place it down and you can forget about it easily. Giving it access to safe would give it a really good niche that the trouph and void don't have.

EDIT: Keep in mind that if you forget about the Safe, say goodbye to the 15 gold coins you spent on it.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Terrarian
Terragrim should have Arkhalis stats prior to 1.4.

Arkahlis, as a very rare expert-hardmode weapon that drops from bosses, should get a significant buff to match the expert yo-yo, which (both) are the fourth best yo-yo in the game. I propose increasing the damage to at least 50-60 and doubling or tripling the range, because in its current state this weapon is more of a joke than a reward in contrast to such a Red Throw.
Oh man, I forgot about Arkhalis, it used to be my go-to weapon in pre-hardmode and I'd always wished there was a hardmode version of it.

Instead they bumped it up to hardmode and made the weaker Terragrim for pre-hardmode and now neither of them are any good, hard agree on buffing these.

Dr. Flavin

Skeletron
*Yawn* y'know what?

Why not? Let's do it again:​

Suggested Change(s):
Increase damage from 14 to 20
Decrease use time from 21 to 19
Can now autoswing

- It's come to my attention that Gladius is not any better than a Platinum Shortsword. Now that's just plain not acceptable, and must be rectified post-haste!

Suggested Change(s):
Decrease use time from 20 to 17
Can now smart bounce, they already look like Nano Bullets anyway, just yoink that code and call it a day.
I Heard the suggestion of making it craftable with shroomite, which would make sense aesthetically. I'd be okay with keeping it to the Traveling Merchant as well,
oh if only the Traveling Merchant weapons weren't so gosh dang rare!

- Poor Pulse Bow, sitting on it's lonely pedestal as the only post-Plantera Traveling Merchant weapon, yet completely upstaged by the Stake Launcher. Let's fix that.

Suggested Change(s):
Decrease use time from 10 to 9

- Heat Ray's a pretty good pick right now, but it needs just a bit more juice to stand up to heavy hitters like Razorblade Typhoon and Nightglow.

Suggested Change(s):
Increase damage from 40 to 44
Now slightly homes in on enemies

- The Hex Doll's projectiles often struggle to be consistent at longer ranges with it's aggressive curving. having the tentacles follow foes would not only help a lot to solve this,
it would also look really cool.

Suggested Change(s):
Increase damage from 48 to 51
Double velocity from 1.2 to 2.4
Increase max duration of orb from 7 seconds to 9 seconds
Increase max tile range of orb from 52 tiles to 70 tiles

- Magnet Sphere got bonked pretty hard in an old 1.3 patch, it's certainly not looked on as fondly as it was back on release, so I see no reason not to buff it.

Suggested Change(s):
Now fires a 6 shot volley of projectiles, similar to the Clockwork assault rifle
Probably needs other changes to compensate

- I Shall Repost this idea once more, because right now it's just another non autofire gun that's a slightly weaker Musket, this change is both flavorful, powerful, and uses recycled code!

Suggested Change(s):
Now fires a 6 shot volley of projectiles, similar to the Clockwork assault rifle
Now has autofire because late Hardmode reasons
Probably needs other changes to compensate

- Imagine having to click over ten times a second just to achieve optimal DPS, well you don't have to because that's what this is right now, what I said about the revolver changes applies here as well. Though honestly the Magnum is pretty good right now, just not fun to use.

Suggested Change(s):
Decrease use time from 34 to 32
Decrease spread of projectiles

- This things pretty good, but it's also not really good enough to compare to the Xenopopper or Chain Gun,
It will still fall behind with this change, but at least it will have a tighter spread than them, I guess?

Suggested Change(s):
Ninja Hood:

Increase defense from 2 to 4
Increase critical chance bonus from 3% to 4%

Ninja Shirt:
Increase defense from 4 to 5
Increase critical chance bonus from 3% to 5%
Added 5% damage bonus

Ninja Pants:
Increase defense from 3 to 4
Decrease critical chance bonus from 3% to 2%
Added 10% movement speed bonus

Set Bonus:
Removed 20% movement speed bonus
Added dash, same stats as the The Shield of Cthulhu's dash, just without the damaging hitbox.

Misc.:
Ninja Shirt is interchangeable with the Gi, doesn't make a huge amount of sense but maybe it would be cool? Just throwing it out there.

- Pros to Ninja Armor: It's a post boss generalist set.
Cons to Ninja Armor: It's terrible.
As you can clearly see here the cons outweigh the pros, Then I thought "How do I make this armor worth grinding King Slime for?"'
That's when it hit me,
just make it Pre-Hardmode Crystal Assassin, finally! A Pre-Hardmode dash other than The Shield of Cthulhu!

Suggested Change(s):

Full Set:

Increase drop chance from 0.67% to 5%, the same as Rain Armor

Snow Hood:
Increase defense from 1 to 2

Snow Coat:
Increase defense from 4 to 5

Snow Pants:
Increase defense from 1 to 3

Set Bonus:
Added immunity to the Frostburn Chilled and Frozen debuffs
Added the Ice Skates effect, no more falling through thin ice or slipping on ice of any kind
Now gives a 30% damage bonus to hammers(Haha funny Ice Climbers reference, this is a joke of course, unless?)
Now gives a 10% damage bonus to Snowballs and the Snowball Launcher(also a joke, maybe)

Misc.:
Pink Snow armor is interchangeable with the regular Snow armor and receives the same changes as mentioned above
Change names from Snow Hood and Snow Coat to Parka Hood and Parka Coat. I dunno, it's clearly a parka, and Snow Armor is, weirdly vague?
There's already a Snow Hat item too. Snow Pants sorta makes sense, but I've never heard anyone call a parka a snow coat, a lot of people just call em' hoodies where I live.
maybe it's a regional dialect thing. Doesn't matter much at the end of the day.

- The armor set that's really only an armor set by technicality, this stuff won't make it super useful or really matter to most players but hey.
Why not? These are just for fun changes really.

Suggested Change(s):

Rain Hat:

Added 3% fishing power bonus

Rain Coat:
Added 3% fishing power bonus

- The other armor set that's really only an armor set by technicality, fishing power makes sense, yeah? Better early game fishing will hurt no one.

Suggested Change(s):

Gladiator Helmet:
Added 4% ranged damage bonus

Gladiator Breastplate:
Added 4% melee damage bonus

Gladiator Leggings:
Added 3% critical chance bonus

- Gladiator Armor is decent, but I think turning it into a sorta ranged melee hybrid set might make it really appealing.
There's none of those in Pre-Hardmode, and it makes sense considering the enemy it drops from.

Suggested Change(s):
Change damage formula from 75/150/225 to 60/120/180 + 50% of damage dealt to player
Added 3 second cooldown to falling star effect
Can be activated with self damage again

- The Star Cloak is extremely exploitable with the self damage from Exploding Bullets right now, it's also disproportionately good on Master Mode.
A cooldown will prevent insane setups with self damage again, with a small damage nerf when less than 15 damage is dealt to the player for good measure. It'll scale late game better when used in it's more intentional manner too.

Suggested Change(s):
Honey Comb + Variants:

Change damage formula of small bees from 13/18/26 to 10/20/25 + 50% of damage dealt to player
Change damage formula of large bees from 18/27/36 to 15/30/37 + 50% of damage dealt to player
Bee damage increases in Hardmode to 15/30/37 for small bees and 22/45/56 for large bees
Added 25 armor penetration to bees
Added 3 second cooldown to bee effect

Hive Pack:
on top of the above changes to bees:
Now generates two bees when hit, this stacks with Honey Comb accessories
No longer has a 33% chance to generate an additional bee from Honey Comb accessories
All bees generated will be large bees instead of only half
Added 3 second cooldown to bee effect

- The bee accessories have a pretty underwhelming counter effect right now, with low damage and no armor penetration. The hive pack's boost is poor, also.
And they fall off almost immediately after Hardmode, hopefully this will address both problems.

Suggested Change(s):
Change damage formula from 100% of damage dealt to player to 125% of damage dealt to player + 10/20/25
Added 25 armor penetration to effect
Effect damage increases in Hardmode to 15/30/37
Now properly stacks with Turtle Armor and Dryad's Blessing
Remove one ingredient from the crafting recipe, It doesn't matter which one, just remove one of them

- The Thorns Potion is ironically the worst "thorns" effect in the game, this should make it a little better.

So uh yeah, that makes four lists.
I should probably link to those shouldn't I?
Meh. Whatever, they're kinda outdated anyway.
Maybe later.
EDIT: Added a few things

Last edited:

Snail

Terrarian
I think the goblin army summon should only cost 5 cloths instead of 10, the goblin scouts are already rare even when I stand on the edge of the map in a forest biome with a battle potion barely any spawn and you need to get 10 cloths. Its a big pain when they don't naturally invade and you spend most of pre hardmode without a tinker and end up spending ages trying for a shadow flame weapon.

The Star Breaker

Steampunker
Increase the droprate of Angler rewards (at least for the accessories)
The last patch definitely helps, the patch where the Angler won't award you items you already have in your inventory, but there are a few holes with this appraoch, and ultimately it's still a huge grind to get all accessories even if you put in all the work to get them.
The "not rewarding duplicates in your inventory" means you gotta fetch all rewards you've got every time the Angler rewards you, or leave them in your inventory at all times if you're lazy which ends up cluttering your inventory, it just becomes a hassle.
Another issue is that there are 2 sets of rewards for accessories - one set for the Angler Tackle Bag, and another for the Fish Finder. When you get all accessories for one set, let's say for the Tackle Bag, the Angler can now reward you with its materials again, ending up with wasted rewards. (Except for a second Angler Earring?)
The most direct and simple way to fix this is slightly increasing the reward rates of the accessories, and perhaps have a check for the Angler Tackle Bag and Fish Finder to not reward its materials.

Vanity Accessories
Right clicking vanity accessories doesn't place them in an social/vanity accessory slot, but in an actual accessory slot.
Best change here would just be right clicking on vanity accessories places them in the socail/vanity slot. Another change would be making all vanity accessories to NOT be able to be placed in actual accessory slots.

Make the names of the items you're holding, that appear above your hotbar, have the same color as their rarity - the only reason to add this is to see the rarity of your item and it looking cool. I'm not sure if it will actually look cool, i guess it just needs to be tested a bit.

Items that have fallen outside the edges of the world are moved into your inventory, just like how banners are put into your inventory.
This sometimes happens when farming Wyverns or Duke Fishron and they die offscreen. The treasure Magnet can sometimes help retriving them, but i believe we shouldn't even resort to this.

Equipping an accessory, armor piece, mount from the hotbar by holding it and clicking
This is mainly to quickly swap out a piece of equipment during an intense fight, and you don't have the attention to pay to your inventory. Why add this? It's like a gimmicky "playstyle", swapping out between builds mid-fight, and it adds a functionality to having an accessory or armor piece in your hotbar. Although it's not the most practical playstyle, it provides some interesting uses of items. Here are the uses I have in mind:
Swapping out a Philosopher's Stone just for the heal and swap it back​
Swapping to the Ankh Shield to clear off any debuffs​
Switching between Spectre / Shroomite Helmets, Titanium Helmets for shifting to another class​
Switching between a Slime Mount for quick dodging and hellevator transportation or the Hexxed Branch or horse-like mount for horizontal mobility.​
Switching to a more defensive build when time calls for it​

The following aren't necessary since these items are just for fun and for interaction with other players. Not everything needs to have a practical use in the game, and that's compeltely fine. I don't have a reason for this change, just thought it's interesting.
Love Potions make NPCs 100% happy for 30 seconds (cheapest prices)​
Stink Potions make NPCs 100% unhappy for 30 seconds (most expensive prices)​

Heres a list of items I think are in a need of a buff, but I have not used them in a while so I don't know a good solution. What are your opinions regarding these items?
Toxic Flask
Fist of the Golem
North Pole
Obsidian Fish
Quad-Barrel Shotgun
Blowgun
Unholy Trident
Nettle Burst

Hive Pack
Obsidian Horseshoe
Toolbelt

Strange Brew
Advanced Combat Techniques - How good is this really? Does it make any difference in Expert / Master mode?
Purification Powder - How often do you use this? Would EoC dropping a few of these make them more used?

Hammerhoovy

Official Terrarian
Since this is the finale of the thread I'm going to post my old suggestions here.

Terraspark should be much easier to obtain as all of the upgrades they have over Lightning boots are just situational QoL. The only effects that are good all of the time are the effects of lightning boots (running 34 mph and rocket boot flight/extra wing time).

Amphibian gives 30 mph running speed (not that much slower compared to lightning and its tinkers). The boots also give +48% ascent speed, which is much more useful than the extra wing time that lightning and its upgrades give. Amphibian is superior to Terraspark despite being easier to obtain.

I would therefore suggest making Terraspark easier to obtain by perhaps doing what some others have mentioned (making jungle rose craftable into obsidian rose, decrease rarity of lava charm in chests and imps dropping obsidian rose).

Give a buff to Lightning boots and apply that buff to its tinkers so that those boots are good enough to compete with Amphibian boots. Increase maximum running speed so that the extra speed the boots have over Amphibian actually makes a difference in battles and general movement. You would probably also have to increase the acceleration. This way Lightning boots and its tinkers are the best for horizontal movement while Amphibian are the best for vertical movement.

I just quickly want to bring up the Sandstorm in a Bottle. It should really be made much more accessible. I would highly recommend adding it to the underground desert loot pool since the underground desert doesn’t have any bottle and doesn’t really have any good loot that is worth while either. Especially when you consider the difficulty of the underground desert. Bundle of Balloons is also way too rare and as a result people just go and get a horseshoe balloon/something in a balloon every playthrough. Making Sandstorm in a Bottle more accessible definitely helps with that. Although there would still be the problem with the Bundle of Balloons that they require 3 balloons thus making them tedious to get.

Make him easier to spawn by either reducing the cost of the Celestial Sigil or make the Celestial Sigil have infinite use. Or you could do both.

Small list of important items that can sometimes be a pain to obtain due to their rarity:

Magic Quiver - Increase drop chance from 1.25% to 2.5%

Frozen Turtle Shell - Increase drop rate from 1% to 2.5%

Celestial Magnet - Solutions to make it easier to obtain: Make the Travelling Merchant always sell it, move the item to sky islands, make it craftable using treasure magnet in its recipe.

Those are the ones that have caused me a great deal of suffering.

The potion should work on Ice Tortoise, Frozen Zombie and Ice Mimic

QoL accessories should require a lot less effort to get due to them never being worth while. Some of the accessories I bring up here are even rendered useless once you reach a certain point of progression in the game or because of potions that give the exact same effect.

Increase Diving Helmet drop chance from
2% to 5%.

Increase Jellyfish Necklace drop chance from 1% to 2.5%.

Increase Lava Charm spawn rate from 5% to 15% in lava layer chests.

Increase Water Walking Boots spawn rate from 9% to 20%. To be able to make this change you would have to reduce the spawn rate of the other primary items. The Flippers, Breathing Reed, Trident and Inner Tube from 22.75% to 20%. It would also be required that you turn the Shark Bait into a secondary item. This way Water Walking Boots, Flipper, Breathing Reed, Trident and Inner Tube all have an equal chance of 20%.

Increase Obsidian Rose drop chance from 2% to 5% and make it craftable with Jungle Rose + obsidian.

As for the Ankh Shield, you could just do what some others have mentioned and make the components drop from a wider range of enemies or increase the drop chance.

And lastly the Cellphone. You could perhaps increase the drop chance of some of the components. The Fish Finder is really the biggest issue with crafting the Cellphone due to the Angler only giving you garbage items instead. My proposal is to make it guaranteed that the Angler gives you one of the components that you don't have every 10th quest. They would be given in conjunction with his normal rewards. For example, on your 10th quest you would receive the Angler Hat together with one of the components of the Fish Finder.

Movement Speed and Melee Speed modifiers for accessories should have their stats increased since they are never worth using over menacing, warding and lucky. Although Movement Speed modifiers would still probably only be useful in the early game.

I’m not sure what you would change the stats to specifically. Maybe change them by 4x?

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
The "not rewarding duplicates in your inventory" means you gotta fetch all rewards you've got every time the Angler rewards you, or leave them in your inventory at all times if you're lazy which ends up cluttering your inventory, it just becomes a hassle.

One minor clarification here, but the game checks all of your 4 personal storages (Piggy Bank, etc) for the presence of the accessories as well. You still need to keep them in one of them, but they don't have to be strictly equipped/inventory to be removed from the listing.

Terraspark should be much easier to obtain as all of the upgrades they have over Lightning boots are just situational QoL. The only effects that are good all of the time are the effects of lightning boots (running 34 mph and rocket boot flight/extra wing time).

That situational QoL is what people asked for. Frostspark + Lava Waders was the traditional tinker suggestion. It does exactly what it is supposed to, nothing more, nothing less. If people don't want to use it, then they do not have to.

AngryNimbus

Terrarian
To be completely honest, I disagree that Razorblade Typhoon needs nerfs.
It is really good in all situations, but it is not *overpowered* in any particular one.
Pumpkin Moon:
W15 is reached at 9.59 PM, which is equal to Razorpine + Rainbow Gun
Frost Moon:
RBT reaches late W19, which is about as stong as Influx Waver, Sky Dragon's Fury, or Xenopopper with intense ammo switching, or Raven Staff with Whips.
EoL:
Can be killed in 39 seconds, which is only 3 sec faster than Nightglow. Razorpine and LMG kill her in 30 seconds, Tsunami + Holy in 28.

Hammerhoovy

Official Terrarian
That situational QoL is what people asked for. Frostspark + Lava Waders was the traditional tinker suggestion. It does exactly what it is supposed to, nothing more, nothing less. If people don't want to use it, then they do not have to.
Sure, but that situational QoL is still probably just a little bit too annoying to get. During my latest playthrough of the game I tried to craft Terraspark, but gave up due to how rare the Obsidian Rose is. The Lava Charm is pretty annoying to get through chests, but lava fishing atleast makes up for it a little bit. I’m perfectly fine with having Terraspark be a QoL upgrade as long as it isn’t too frustrating to get in a playthrough. I’m sure many other people can agree with this.

Lurrae

Duke Fishron
Sure, but that situational QoL is still probably just a little bit too annoying to get. During my latest playthrough of the game I tried to craft Terraspark, but gave up due to how rare the Obsidian Rose is. The Lava Charm is pretty annoying to get through chests, but lava fishing atleast makes up for it a little bit. I’m perfectly fine with having Terraspark be a QoL upgrade as long as it isn’t too frustrating to get in a playthrough. I’m sure many other people can agree with this.
I agree with Hammerhoovy here, but I'd also like to bring up something important to keep in mind: The biggest flaw of the Terraspark Boots- the requirement of the Obsidian Rose- was not a thing when the community wanted a Frostspark + Lava Waders tinker. The Obsidian Rose alone makes Lava Waders (and therefore Terraspark Boots) significantly harder to obtain than in 1.3. As a result, the community was not taking the Obsidian Rose's rarity into account when requesting the Frostspark + Waders tinker.
Another major problem- though one that isn't strictly Terraspark Boots' fault- is the power of another 1.4 addition: Amphibian Boots. I believe this has been mentioned in this thread before, but Amphibian Boots are extremely powerful, and unlike Terraspark Boots, they aren't particularly hard to obtain. The only benefits Terraspark Boots have over Amphibian Boots are the aforementioned situational QoL effects, temporary flight, and a mere 8% increased movespeed. The power of Amphibian Boots paired with how much easier they are to obtain than Terraspark Boots makes Terraspark Boots almost useless in comparison to Amphibian Boots.
I think the best solution would be to make Terraspark Boots much easier to acquire. The Lightning/Frostspark Boots side of things are fine, but the 1.4 Lava Waders are an absolute nuisance to get, so increasing the player's chance of finding Lava Charms in deep Gold Chests and raising the drop rate of the Obsidian Rose would help immensely in making Terraspark Boots more viable.
Nerfing Amphibian Boots could work as well, but it wouldn't fix every problem Terraspark Boots have in my opinion, since they'd still be horribly difficult to obtain.

Dr. Flavin

Skeletron
To be completely honest, I disagree that Razorblade Typhoon needs nerfs.
It is really good in all situations, but it is not *overpowered* in any particular one.
That's kinda the problem, it's just so good in every situation.
Razorpine has high gravity on it's projectiles, Nightglow has a delay before doing anything. Both have many more projectiles that could potentially miss a target.
Razorblade Typhoon is just a set it and forget it kinda thing, it's also more mana efficient than either of them, a small slap on the wrist is all it needs.
From 90 to 85 will do, it's not game breaking or anything though so it's not super necessary, it's only a little too much.
There's stuff that should probably take priority over it on the nerf list.

Last edited:

Snail

Terrarian
Since most, if not all other ores are renewable in some way, why not make hellstone renewable through obsidian/hellstone crates?
Then you could skip the world evil boss for hellstone if you get lucky with the angler and get a golden bug net, much harder than the reaver shark but if the devs really don't want you to skip to hellstone then it would have to be stuck to hellstone crates only. Good change either way though.

Top Bottom