• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby737

Terrarian
And no its not a bug Imps dont have a 100% chance to spawn. So from time to time you may not see one for quite long similar situation like with sharks or chaos elementals.
I have already said that it might have been really bad luck, but I find it weird that an enemy which isn't even listed as uncommon is that rare.
After fishing in lava for about 3 hours I didn't even get one. And I was in the underworld letting my vampire frogs kill every imp that spawned. Imps really are not common. I didn't even get the banner for them in that time.
What was your fishing spot? The location of the fishing spot can easily affect which mobs spawn in a certain rarity.

Derpling Ω

Plantera
I have already said that it might have been really bad luck, but I find it weird that an enemy which isn't even listed as uncommon is that rare.

What was your fishing spot? The location of the fishing spot can easily affect which mobs spawn in a certain rarity.
There was two that were close to each other. The first was just fishing from my wall of flesh arena which had a gigantic flat place for everything to spawn. The second was excavated in the ash just below that (using obsidian skin potions) and you could only get in through the lava and out through a one-sided wall.

Lythael

Terrarian
I find it weird that an enemy which isn't even listed as uncommon is that rare.
Well Nymph is also "uncommon" it has higher spawn chance than most cave mobs
but its rarity is due to how it spawns.

With a flat farming area you can get Nymphs as "often" as Imps.

Tho unlike with Imps .. Metal Detector isn't a 2% chance drop
Ice Tortoise are also technically not "rare" but they don't appear often compared to other ice biome enemies and have 1% drop chance on their Frozen Shell

EDIT:
And yes with just 2% drop chance on a mob that spawns occassionally.
Its common to have "very bad luck"

Last edited:

The2ndComing

Official Terrarian
Alright, before the thread is locked forever, I want to take the liberty again to give a massive thanks to Leinfors for being so co-operative and awesome. It really is something special about the team that they have opened this thread and have actively put out a man, an especially great man, to listen to the Terraria community and take our feedback. It's going to be sad leaving this thread; I've been here since day 1, have read every post and haven't closed the tab once, and it's been an honor, to be honest.

And of course, a massive thanks as well to the entire Re-Logic team for creating one of the best games out there, from Redigit to Cenx to Loki to everyone in-between, whether they've left the team or not. You all are absolutely the best.

The game isn't perfect by any means, but that's okay, because as Sam Keen once said: 'You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.' And I see Terraria perfectly. :)

Much love and cheers from,
The Entire Terraria Community.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

MimikyuykimiM

Terrarian
Hello, just a small question before the end of this thread, why cant the golden carp be turned in to golden delight or any food at all? I caught a lot of them these days and its kind of weird they just have a use for being sold. I know its too small of a thing to be changed in the small time span we have left but I just wanted to point it out.

PeacefulPotato

Skeletron
Hello, I would like to point out some of the things I suggested that got overlooked:
1. Guide talks about smashing a shadow orb or crimson heart to summon a meteorite. I would be fine with this if there wasn't just a major update attempting to make the guide useful. I remember thinking my world was corruption several years ago when I first started because of a (now corrected) lie from the guide.
2. Probably is more complicated than it sounds, but could you please fix the problem with reforging weapons that start with "the? (i.e. change it from "Legendary The Horseman's Blade" to "The Legendary Horseman's Blade".
Thanks!

Kirby737

Terrarian
Hello, I would like to point out some of the things I suggested that got overlooked:
1. Guide talks about smashing a shadow orb or crimson heart to summon a meteorite. I would be fine with this if there wasn't just a major update attempting to make the guide useful. I remember thinking my world was corruption several years ago when I first started because of a (now corrected) lie from the guide.
2. Probably is more complicated than it sounds, but could you please fix the problem with reforging weapons that start with "the? (i.e. change it from "Legendary The Horseman's Blade" to "The Legendary Horseman's Blade".
Thanks!
The second one could be fixed by having the "the" part of the name be a prefix that does nothing, and every prefix could be replaced by a version that is identical to its normal equivalent but is called "the <prefix>", for example "The Arcane" "The Precise" ecc., though I don't know how hard would be that to code.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Alright guys.

I've sat one the various bits of feedback, and given the scope of what I'm able to be implementing at this time, do not see any further changes that are going to be made.

It is possible that, should a further revisiting of Terraria happen, there will be more balance changes. I'd certainly be eager to do so.

But as it stands, the majority of the feedback I've seen has basically been entirely new suggestions or further adjustments to things not particularly touched in the most recent hotfix, and so they are not in the scope of what I will be able to change moving forward.

With that said, I appreciate all of the discussion and thoughts you've shared here, and I'm confident things are in a better place in part due to all of your participation. I'm sorry I won't be able to address every single thing that could be addressed . . . but Terraria is a massive game in some ways, and it may never be possible to address everything. I believe that I've made substantial headway in improving things in the limited time I've spent doing so, I hope that you all agree. Should we ever revisit further changes, I'll be looking forward to re-opening this thread (or making one like it) to discuss more!

So thanks again guys, and keep being great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom