Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a few other people have proposed giving the Rainbow Gun static immunity frames as a buff, but it would also be nice if it could get its duration buffed to a minute so it could act as a lategame version of the Nimbus Rod. Don't think it would be broken to make both of these changes either, though it would need some testing since Nimbus Rod doesn't get static immunity and it's fine as is.

Saw someone mention the soaring insignia should give mounts infinite flight and I'd like to add onto that, let all of the effects work on mounts. Wearing the insignia could let you use the black spot in its former glory without breaking progression since you still have to fight the empress to improve it.

Also another random non-balance suggestion, but could gold slimes be given a chance to spawn in regular worlds?

Hey, after hundreds of hours in terraria ,I finally register!
Here are some ideas:
1、 more way to product some blocks like soil or sands. Stones could drop from jewel trees(renewable,easy),but sands or some other blocks can’t.when I try to build some things, i find some blocks in lack because I discarded them while no way to product them.Make sands and soils could be produced from stones is useful.It’s a example,some other blocks also need replenish.
2.Some walls builded by players, like spider walls, are different from their raw ones.Could players recover them if raw ones are destroyed?
3.Pyramid, not all maps have a pyramid, if so,i have to go to other maps to get things in pyramid.It’s a pity to me.

In a word,as a player want to build and collect,I hope a map is renewable and self~sufficient .

4.obsidian armor, in fact,it helps me a lot because I am little awkward.I hope it won’t be nerfed too much.whips could attack in a wide angle, make aim more easily and allow aim in a safe distance.why not buff blades attack a large sector -shaped area ,through a sector-shaped light from blade?Complexed, maybe comes true in future
5.Beetle papyrus and glove compose a new one, allow whips auto.A hand hold the beetle papyrus, wow!I think there are someone , like me,replace gloves with other equipments to get higher damage.Give a chance to protect their fingers and mouse, please.

I try my best to avoid mistakes, wish everyone could understand.

Saw someone mention the soaring insignia should give mounts infinite flight and I'd like to add onto that, let all of the effects work on mounts. Wearing the insignia could let you use the black spot in its former glory without breaking progression since you still have to fight the empress to improve it.
Infinite flight for non-infinite flight mounts would be cool, most aren't really that strong anyway. At least, not for their flying capabilities.

Having mounts be affected by movespeed increasing accessories is a great idea, but also a balancing nightmare.
Mounts were absolutely not balanced with movespeed increases in mind.
You'd have to rebalance every mounts stats in the game most likely, there would be ton's of mount related exploits too, I'm sure.

Really good mod idea though.

Not sure what you mean by this, the Insignia wouldn't give the Black Spot anywhere near its previous speed, it only increases horizontal speed by 2 mph. Far from improving it to its former glory, I don't think it would make enough of a difference to really be worth the change. Wouldn't hurt things either but not sure if it could even be done very easily.

I understand why the Block Spot mount was nerfed, it was too OP for how early it was available, but I do miss that flying speed. Would the UFO mount be able to get the same speed, as it's currently kind of a pointless mount. The Witch's Broom is near enough the same speed, can touch liquids and is available earlier than the UFO.

The speed increase would make it a desirable mount once again.

I understand why the Block Spot mount was nerfed, it was too OP for how early it was available, but I do miss that flying speed. Would the UFO mount be able to get the same speed, as it's currently kind of a pointless mount. The Witch's Broom is near enough the same speed, can touch liquids and is available earlier than the UFO.

The speed increase would make it a desirable mount once again.

Witch's Broom is Expert/Master only, and Pumpkin Moon is considered the same tier as Martians anyway. UFO definitely fills the roll as the Classic mode flying mount.

I dunno, making stuff that's objectively better just because it's exclusive to a higher difficulty doesn't really sit right with me.
Making the UFO work underwater would be nice, at least.

Speaking of mounts, Cute Fishron is a liiitle strong right now.
+15% damage is already really good, +100% move speed is a bit overboard though, maybe +75%?
That would bring it down from 80 MPH to 70, which is still the second fastest flying mount overall.
Maybe a small acceleration buff to compensate.

I'd like if the Cute Fishron and UFO could get the same speed as the Witch's Broom, Witch's Broom would still be better than the UFO and have a niche over Cute Fishron since it's 3 blocks tall instead of 4. If this were done Cute Fishron's water multiplier would probably need to be reduced to keep the same top speed or lower. Personally I wouldn't mind exchanging a bit of its top speed for more default speed, but I don't think its top speed necessarily needs changing.

Frost Legion - They should not be able to place snow blocks on top of blocks hit with a hammer. They might also drop gingerbread men or something.
It's a pity that a Dynamite Snowman will never become a thing.

Likewise, it's a pity that the Zombie Hand doesn't show up at the cemetery.

Personally I wouldn't mind exchanging a bit of its top speed for more default speed, but I don't think its top speed necessarily needs changing.
Yeah, higher unboosted max speed would be nice, still think boosted speed is a bit much.
80 MPH is comfortably faster than Moon Lord, and just 1 MPH slower than Black Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom